• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Rugby Clubs Who should I play for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Right, looking to get into playing again, abit hesitant about how to approach choosing a good club. also getting another mate whos never played before, don't want him to have a bad experience.

so, What clubs have good cultures out there for social playing prefferably surrounding the Parramatta river (so central in terms of north-south direction) between Parramatta and Glebe (in terms of east-west).

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Now you've put your expression of interest out RF, just sit back and wait for the highest bidder.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Well, Im linking up with the Mundine/SBW crew to guide me....
I have the in game smarts of Matt Dunning
The Scrummaging of Salesi Maafu
and the impact of Chisholm

F

F1Fan

Well, Im linking up with the Mundine/SBW crew to guide me....
I have the in game smarts of Matt Dunning
The Scrummaging of Salesi Maafu
and the impact of Chisholm

Impact of Chisholm.........................so you're a dud then!

F

F1Fan

back to answering the question seriously. You should decide first whether you wanna have a real dig or just have a good time with mates. If a dig, play in the premiership comp. Eastwood will have a cast of thousands for lower grades, but there coaches arent much. Wests are in turmoil with players leaving left right centre according to the rumour mill, Gordon too. Parra would be a risk given their record over last decade, but from all reports their training sessions are very well attended and very well structured with plenty of new blokes showing up and ex players returning. As far as their culture goes, it must be right up there. They got belted in every game last year but still fielded teams week in and week out. So it must be a strong culture

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
well, Im talking about Subbies and stuff too. just senior clubs in general, so not restricted to the Premiership clubs (I have no chance being an Aloys 4th XV player)

Franky

Peter Burge (5)
Chatswood rugby needs players as they play in 5th div subbies and didn't win a game last year in 1st grade, if you can call them that but hey go and help them out!

F

F1Fan

hills are a good subbies club, but assume for your glebe friend thats too far too. Petersham are in 1st div subbies

P

Parra GM

back to answering the question seriously. You should decide first whether you wanna have a real dig or just have a good time with mates. If a dig, play in the premiership comp. Eastwood will have a cast of thousands for lower grades, but there coaches arent much. Wests are in turmoil with players leaving left right centre according to the rumour mill, Gordon too. Parra would be a risk given their record over last decade, but from all reports their training sessions are very well attended and very well structured with plenty of new blokes showing up and ex players returning. As far as their culture goes, it must be right up there. They got belted in every game last year but still fielded teams week in and week out. So it must be a strong culture

Hey F1....thanks for the wrap!

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
What about my old club, Old Ignatians?

They're based in Ryde ... and in the first division of Subbies, have very good social life, and would mesh nicely with your Catholic background, RF...

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Burwood Briars have an excellent social atmosphere. They'd be about in the middle of your geographic target.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
I had an old friend who quit Briars saying it was too jocky for him (and hes quite a hardcore jock), maybe this has changed or is untrue?

now im getting another guy from uni who lives at blacktown to play, so I might aim for Epping Rams or Dundas Valley any opinions on these? I know Epping rams play at sommerville oval which is where (if I played for the local junior team) the local junior team used to play.

P

Parra GM

I had an old friend who quit Briars saying it was too jocky for him (and hes quite a hardcore jock), maybe this has changed or is untrue?

now im getting another guy from uni who lives at blacktown to play, so I might aim for Epping Rams or Dundas Valley any opinions on these? I know Epping rams play at sommerville oval which is where (if I played for the local junior team) the local junior team used to play.

Yeh RF Epping Subbies still play at Sommerville. They share the ground with the juniors. Does ya Blacktown mate have a car? If not, getting to Epping could be an issue. The Valley are ok but similar issues could arise if you guys have to rely on public transport to get to and from training.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
yeh purposely avoiding Lindfield, know some of the guys who play for them and don't like them. though some of them are alright. Much like comenarra cricket club.

Status
Not open for further replies.