• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney siders, some advice please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
were/are you a prop, fat prop? Cos that sure reads like a prop's restaurant review!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Far too old the play these days, 50 now :confused: , played colts & stuff for the two blues until I "retired" to go skiing.

As for restaurants, I have been eating in good restaurants all my life and we generally eat out about twice a week at good restaurants with the missus (Saturday night is still "date night"). I like Anthony Bordain's description on Italian food. "you pay a lot of money so the chef doesn't screw up great ingredients" it describes what I want from all restaurants. I dislike fussy food with foams and flavoured salts (like Marque down the road from Bills) a "good feed" is as good a recommendation as I usually give.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Ruggo, is your trip still on? Beer cooled and wine opened, waiting for the time and date.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Ruggo, is your trip still on? Beer cooled and wine opened, waiting for the time and date.

Sorry Lindo.

I was pretty bad at getting myself together. I was in on the 24th. My appologies for not following through on the kind offers to catch up for a drink.

I found a airport to city shuttle service that was $16 which was good. I didn't end up getting to the motel until 9:30pm and being a Thursday night felt it might have been a bit rude to hit anybody up for a gathering with a work day the next morning. The place I stayed was over the road from Surry Hills police station. On the corner was an Irish pub (buggered if I can remember the name) and I can recommend the steak sandwich. It was a wet and miserable night weather wise and after feeling a bit car sick some the shuttle, decided to not have a couple of beers as intended.

I was suprised by the Sydney people. I was expecting a lot of hussle and bustle of the big smoke but found Sydney people to be a freindly and helpful bunch. Cheers to all those that helped me out. I found the weather quite mild also. It was a wet and cold night no doubt but I honestly felt warmer than it has been in Darwin. I live rural about 50km south of Darwin and the weather is harsher than in Darwin itself. It has been 7 degrees at night of late.

The next day we went out to the Eastern Suburbs for a wander and countless coffees. I hate shopping centres but was astounded at how big Bondi junction was. That joint is massive. Small world though as I went into the telstra shop to get some help with my phone and it turns out the fella was from Darwin also and yet even smaller was from Humpty Doo which is the same area I live. After that we headed off to Canberra via Cambelltown which I though was a nice place. I passed the home ground of Cambelltown Harlequins which is a club that come to Darwin every year for our sevens tournament.

Canberra was cold and with no disrespect to the locals, not very exciting as I normally find it. The Reds got up which was fantastic.

I would like to see more of Sydney and it's surrounds especially the blue mountains and the Manly Aquarium. I am toying with the idea of a trip to coincide with the Tahs vs Rds next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.