• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

SackRobbie

Chris McKivat (8)
Some interesting signings in Subbies land with former Manly & Norths captain Wil Brame signing on for Forrest to play in Division 2.

I have also heard that Easts have lost their 1st grade hooker for 2012 recently as he has signed with Colleagues who according to some players have loosened the purse strings to get him. I am not sure what is name is. Any ideas?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Might also explain why the Beasts have secured the services of Uligia from the Hobbits for their Shute Shield team.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
Some interesting signings in Subbies land with former Manly & Norths captain Wil Brame signing on for Forrest to play in Division 2.

I have also heard that Easts have lost their 1st grade hooker for 2012 recently as he has signed with Colleagues who according to some players have loosened the purse strings to get him. I am not sure what is name is. Any ideas?

Interesting turn of events. Lots of chat on SS thread about club's ups and downs. Are these guys deserting sinking ships or just looking for a run around the park with far less pressure?

I've heard rumour Brothers have managed to secure the services of several recent SS players as well.

At this rate the Waratahs will have to start looking at Subbies for the next big thing....and rightly so:p

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Sydney Irish lost their last trial 2-1 on Saturday, there were no posts at the ground so only tries counted. Speaking to a few of the players they seem happy with how things are progressing, a lot of combinations are coming together etc. First home game is in Coogee on the 13th, they're hoping for a big crowd for their first game in Subbies.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Lately dusted bobs in div 2 yesterday. Whilst bobs were relegated from div 1 last year, there has been a lot of off field work in terms of coaching and recruitment. Numbers across the grades are good but for oatley to win 3 from 5 at our home ground suggests the men in green will do well this year.

Leicester Tiger

Herbert Moran (7)
I was surprised to see top 2 grades and colts for Drummoyne go down to Mosman yesterday. Mosman were quick around the park and made some of the bigger Drummoyne boys look slow. Mosman were much better in the forwards than last year.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
We went down to Brothers 45-7 in 1st grade. The scoreline was a bit misleading- after conceding our 4th try midway through the 2nd half we started taking quick taps from everywhere, including off our own line. It was still a convinving win from Brothers though, their dominance was fairly complete. They will be very hard to stop in 1st grade this season.

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
Some big and lop sided scores for round one, couple of forfeits too doesnt usually start off this way rd 1.

If they are never going to have div 4 again why dont they get the numbering right?

SackRobbie

Chris McKivat (8)
#8 Isaiah Pine 2012 captain of West Harbour now playing at St Pats as is Gray Viane from the West Tigers. Pine is a beast!

Knox have picked up a few big name kiwis - Kahu Tamatea & Alex Samoa

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
#8 Isaiah Pine 2012 captain of West Harbour now playing at St Pats as is Gray Viane from the West Tigers. Pine is a beast!

Knox have picked up a few big name kiwis - Kahu Tamatea & Alex Samoa

Jesus, club rugby has come a long way. Surely its hitting shamateur levels now. It's happening (or beginning to at least) everywhere. Down in the Illawarra competition there's been a great deal of conjecture regarding a certain club providing payment to player's. They are trying to resist an arms race but all that club's efforts paid dividends last season so the rest may follow soon.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Good win for Sydney Irish in their first game on Saturday, beat Fairvale 42-10 I believe. Speaking to a few of the lads on Saturday night and they're hoping for a couple of hundred in Coogee for the first home game this weekend.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
Love a good rumour;)

A number of players are openly saying the left SS for Forest for the money. Any truth or denial?

Oh, and well done Irish

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Will Brame moved to Forest. There has always been rumours about St Pats and Drummoyne in Div 1. Balmain is clearly paying and I hear Ryan Cross was on $30k. In Div 2 there are rumours re Brothers paying players and I know Hornsby were chucking the dosh around. Clubs need to be very careful or they'll end up the same way as Gordon / Rancwick - i.e flat broke..

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Will Brame moved to Forest. There has always been rumours about St Pats and Drummoyne in Div 1. Balmain is clearly paying and I hear Ryan Cross was on $30k. In Div 2 there are rumours re Brothers paying players and I know Hornsby were chucking the dosh around. Clubs need to be very careful or they'll end up the same way as Gordon / Rancwick - i.e flat broke..

Crashy, Randwick is financially sound -- it's the licenced club (a separate entity) that is broke.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Crashy, Randwick is financially sound -- it's the licenced club (a separate entity) that is broke.
yeah I know The coach. Was it the rugby club or the licenced club that had to raid the club's endowment foundation?
Has the sale of the licenced club gone through and will the rugby club receive any benefit from this sale? Where will the head quarters of the club be as a result of the sale?

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
yeah I know The coach. Was it the rugby club or the licenced club that had to raid the club's endowment foundation?
Has the sale of the licenced club gone through and will the rugby club receive any benefit from this sale? Where will the head quarters of the club be as a result of the sale?

Here is what has been communicated to the members:
The licenced club was apparently borrowing money from the foundation.
The sale has gone through but the new owners are leasing the premises back at a peppercorn rent for 6 months.
The club will then have to relocate. Options are being reviewed!
We assume that the foundation will be repaid, hopefully!
It looks like the football club has already relocated to Latham Park (as it is now the address quoted on the website) until other premises are found.

forwards4ever

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Here is what has been communicated to the members:
The licenced club was apparently borrowing money from the foundation.
The sale has gone through but the new owners are leasing the premises back at a peppercorn rent for 6 months.
The club will then have to relocate. Options are being reviewed!
We assume that the foundation will be repaid, hopefully!
It looks like the football club has already relocated to Latham Park (as it is now the address quoted on the website) until other premises are found.

Coogee Bowling Club maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.