• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
Division 4 is confirmed and the draws are up on the Subbies website, although I see that Rouse Hill have already withdrawn from 3rd grade. It will be interesting to see how the 3rd grade works out numbers wise.

Sydney Irish, Redfield OB, Sydney Convicts, Sydney Harlequins, Blacktown, Rouse Hill, Mac Uni, Canterbury

I would assume Halligan Cup would fill any shortfall. Already happening with Petersham making up Caterbury's 3rd Grade.

Rugbyfish

Stan Wickham (3)
I've heard a rumour that there may be a 16th side added to six division, with the grade to be split into two 8 team divisions based on location.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
I've heard a rumour that there may be a 16th side added to six division, with the grade to be split into two 8 team divisions based on location.

I have done a very basic split of the teams with a lot being based in the North/ North West

1. Chatswood
2. Lane Cove
3. Roseville
4. Terry Hills
5. Manly Savers
6. ICMS
7. Dundas
8. Merrylands

NB that is pretty rough on Merrylands and Dundas to be going North every 2nd week

1. Alexandria Dukes
2. Syd Grammar Old Boys
3. Maccabi
4. Clovelly
5. Rockdale
6. Fairvale
7. Burraneer
8. TBC

Another choice would be to stick the best rated teams in Div 5 with just one grade but let them play for the trophy !

It is a shame when you think about the recent drop outs

*Killara/west pymble
* Liverpool

Could really do with some new teams!

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
I have done a very basic split of the teams with a lot being based in the North/ North West

1. Chatswood
2. Lane Cove
3. Roseville
4. Terry Hills
5. Manly Savers
6. ICMS
7. Dundas
8. Merrylands

NB that is pretty rough on Merrylands and Dundas to be going North every 2nd week

1. Alexandria Dukes
2. Syd Grammar Old Boys
3. Maccabi
4. Clovelly
5. Rockdale
6. Fairvale
7. Burraneer
8. TBC

Another choice would be to stick the best rated teams in Div 5 with just one grade but let them play for the trophy !

It is a shame when you think about the recent drop outs

*Killara/west pymble
* Liverpool

Could really do with some new teams!

That would work if St George returned. I hope there is not too much of a disparity between the old Div 5 teams and the Div 6 teams.

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
Any word on St George getting one team together for 2014?

I understand they're desperately trying to get a team together. Should know early this week which would split the Div 6 comp in two pools of 8 as per above. Would be an interesting way of doing things.

Rugbyfish

Stan Wickham (3)
Div 1:

Pats
Balmain
Mosman
Colleagues
Drummoyne

Div 4:

Harlequins
Blacktown
Irish
Redfield
Completely agree with you in regards to div 4 .
Div 6
Chatswood
Terrey hills
The vales
Clovelly
Grammar
Dukes
Dundas

I found div 6 actually a bit difficult to pick should be a tight comp this year

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Div 2

Hunters Hill
Newport (Will be a tough close game)
Barker
Oatley
Brothers

Will be very interesting the result of Brothers and Blueys!

Home Team v Away Team Location Time
Hunters Hill v Lindfield Boronia Park 3:15pm
St Ives v Newport Hassall Park 3:15pm
UNSW v Barker Old Boys David Phillips Field #1 3:15pm
Oatley v Forest H. V. Evatt Park 3:15pm
Brothers v Blue Mountains Roseville Chase Oval
3:15pm

bluegoldblue

Stan Wickham (3)
Div 2

Hunters Hill
Newport (Will be a tough close game)
Barker
Oatley
Brothers

Will be very interesting the result of Brothers and Blueys!

Home Team v Away Team Location Time
Hunters Hill v Lindfield Boronia Park 3:15pm
St Ives v Newport Hassall Park 3:15pm
UNSW v Barker Old Boys David Phillips Field #1 3:15pm
Oatley v Forest H. V. Evatt Park 3:15pm
Brothers v Blue Mountains Roseville Chase Oval
3:15pm
Brothers colts beat hunters hill 6 tries to 1 and a combined 1st/2nds went down by only a few to hunters as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluegoldblue

Stan Wickham (3)
Oh, I thought you were giving predictions of the table at the end of the season. My mistake!

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Oh, I thought you were giving predictions of the table at the end of the season. My mistake!

Oh Blue and gold dont you worry i think Brothers will be in the top 2 for sure and certain. Being in London and not having seen any team lists ill have a stab at a table

1. Brothers
2. Hunters
3. Forest
4. Oatley
5. UNSW
6. Blueys
7. Newport
8. Barker
9. Lindfield
10. St Ives

I will hate to be quoted on this by seasons end. I think Brothers will go back to back and i think Forest or Hunters will be in the big dance with them. Hard to tell based on last year and nothing else!

It will be very interesting to see how the 2 new teams go. Will Hunters bounce back straight away (History suggests the relegated teams struggle) and will Blueys continue to dominate or will they struggle like in 09 when they came up?

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
Completely agree with you in regards to div 4 .
Div 6
Chatswood
Terrey hills
The vales
Clovelly
Grammar
Dukes
Dundas

I found div 6 actually a bit difficult to pick should be a tight comp this year

Going to have to disagree with you there.

Think Merrylands should beat Vales and Maccabi should defeat Grammar. In fact, I think Maccabi will there or thereabouts come finals time. They have a very good squad and if they don't get hit by injury they will be hard to beat.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
Oh Blue and gold dont you worry i think Brothers will be in the top 2 for sure and certain. Being in London and not having seen any team lists ill have a stab at a table

1. Brothers
2. Hunters
3. Forest
4. Oatley
5. UNSW
6. Blueys
7. Newport
8. Barker
9. Lindfield
10. St Ives

Forest to be on Top and relegation will be between Bue Mountains, Lindfield, Barker and St Ives. Remembering 2 go down at the end of this year.

By the way each of these 4 teams have the abilityto win on their day but lack of depth and travel will take their toll.

With Rugby as my mistress, she'll probably prove me a wrong as my wife usually does:)

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
Gossip (though probably unsurprising) A number of Clubs have told Subbies outright, "We'll just work around your rules on payments"

Anyone got more to add - or deny - on this.

Important Note - unsubstantiated gossip should be backed up with good humour.....or Balmain sledging:p

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
Looks like St George are back which will now split Div 6 into two geographic pools.

Gossip (though probably unsurprising) A number of Clubs have told Subbies outright, "We'll just work around your rules on payments"

Anyone got more to add - or deny - on this.

Important Note - unsubstantiated gossip should be backed up with good humour...or Balmain sledging:p

My hunch was that clubs would always try and circumvent this directive until they got caught.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
Looks like St George are back which will now split Div 6 into two geographic pools.

My hunch was that clubs would always try and circumvent this directive until they got caught.

Good News about St George.

As for the other, as mentioned before lower the Club Champ points to make lower grades as important to the Club and there's little value in paying players.

Status
Not open for further replies.