• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Fucking hell here's half your problem:

Chairman – NSW Suburban Rugby Union
Tony Fisher (President Sydney Junior Rugby Union)
John Hamilton (President NSW Country Junior Rugby Union)
Barry Ruddy (President NSW Country Rugby Union)
Terry Woodward (Executive Officer NSW Country Rugby)
Rob Millner (Chairman Sydney Rugby Union)
Bill Pulver (CEO Australian Rugby Union)
Nick Farr-Jones (Chairman NSW Rugby Union)

How many fucking organisations do we actually NEED?

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
Letter to the ARU is worth reading. As said above, it doesn't pull any punches.
That's a really eloquent detailing of the problems associated with the introduction of the new scheme. Take some time to think if the clubs in Queensland, ACT & Southern NSW, and WA who are contending with a state based registration fee of between $22 and $65 for a senior player on top of the levy ARUs $33 per player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
It is scary to think that, for clubs like mine at Epping and other locals like Mac Uni and Beecroft, we could be funding the likes of Eastwood with whom we compete for players with

Cactus Jack

Bob McCowan (2)
Word through the old rugby grape vine is that former Tongan International and Shute Shield premiership winner Pierre Hola will be making his way down to Boronia Park for next year. That will be another former international added to the HH ranks. Considering that player payments have been banned for next year, I can only assume that the lads in Black and White make a mean steak sanga.....

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
I believe that he was on good coin at the woods.... Wonder what the attraction of playing at boronia park is???

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
The integrity committee will be all over the high-profile guys. Reckon there is a very low chance there is dodgy activity there.

It's the no-name blokes you have to worry about.

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Rugby Union has more vested interests than the Middle East peace negotiations , the defunct Adelaide Steamship corporate structure in the 80's looked more workable .

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
Redfield Old Boys looking for a new Head Coach in 2015. Competing in Division 3 with four senior teams. If interested (or know someone who might be) comment below or drop me an email at Thomas dot Tudehope at gmail dot com.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Word on the street is that 2015 will see enormous player movement not only between subbies but a potential influx of Grade players into the subbies ranks. My mail is a local derby between bitter rivals just took on a new complexion with player movements between the clubs suggesting fireworks when they next meet.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Not sure. I did here that the SJRU has indicated to its union that as a transtition to the new fees it will pay the ARU the cost of the per player rego fee for this year. Sadly a short term outcome that will leave the SJRU financially vunerable from next year. Team insurance is staying and apart from $157K going to development officers the rest gets given to SS clubs in NSWRU grants. I can assure you that not one subbies club will want 1 cent of their money going towards SS clubs who they compete with for players, sponsors etc.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
I see Al Astley isn't coaching Forest this year. Has been in subbies for as long as i can remember. Any idea where he has gone?

Cactus Jack

Bob McCowan (2)
can anyone shed light on the rumour I heard yesterday that the Brothers Club will be receiving a one year exemption from the "amateur status" due to already signing a significant number of Gordon higher graders?? Surely this can't be true!

Status
Not open for further replies.