1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2018

Discussion in 'Subbies Rugby' started by Ozzie Bob, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Heavyd Alex Ross (28)

Push HAC and Forest up and bring in Iggies and HV. HAC won Barraclough last year and has now won 1st and2nd grade in Div 3.
    They would hold their own in Div 1
  2. HeavyB Fred Wood (13)

Yeah agreed but would 3rd and 4th grade. There would be some fearful beltings and they have zero colts. I'd be inclined to swap UNSW and HAC around. Like the format though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. GunnerDownUnder Jim Clark (26)

Yeah they are a new sponsor this year.
    I have no idea what the financial deal is but season members get two drinks vouchers per game at concord - these guys wouldn't accept them and after the second home game the usual bar had run dry.
    After a few rounds of giving the new beer a chance a few of us decided to go to the shammies games instead.
  4. The Year Of Allen Oxlade (6)

HAC 3rds and colts aren't up to going up a div. Bobs won and yes they may lose a few blokes but I still think they are the obvoius choice to go up
  5. Heavyd Alex Ross (28)

They will lift over time. I don’t you can win multiple higher grade premierships and then worry how competive their lower grades will be.
  6. Pfitzy Tim Horan (67)

Its not the duration so much as the actual presence on match days.

I posted the draw up on Facebook as soon as it was released. At training the next night, I had a guy - who had been with the club since last year - ask me if Round 2 was going to be on a Saturday because he had a fishing charter booked.

Insert facepalm here.

And if you take away wet weather weekends, when are the poor diddums' going to get their snow weekend in?
  7. Cranky Penguin Stan Wickham (3)

Had a bit of a laugh today. Was told St Pats went through their first grade grand final thrashing and have sent in three videos trying to cite two Blue Mountains Rugby players.

Sour grapes or what?!?!

thetraitor likes this.
  8. footy_footy Peter Burge (5)

I don't know the circumstances of the citing but seems a bit ordinary to me. It was a good game, convincingly won by the better team. St Pats aren't the most popular bunch going at the best of times and I can't imagine Blue Mountains would be a fan any longer, if they ever were.
    thetraitor likes this.
  9. thetraitor Herbert Moran (7)

It is their style though. Sore losers. After Forest beat them in round 1 they sent a video citing Forest prop resulting in 3 week suspension. It was even zoomed in and slow motion.
  10. Seagull Butler Herbert Moran (7)

They don't go to the snow on the www's anyway, they still pick a comp round.
    Pfitzy likes this.
  11. Seagull Butler Herbert Moran (7)

Are you looking at a 13 week season or a 26 week season? And if not home/away then imagine the discussion if Colleagues copped Blueys and HAC away.

However - conference Div 1 - then play each other twice (12 games) before having a league finals series (Week 1 - E1 v W4, E2 v W3 etc, top two ranked losers get extra shot etc) then continue

East/North
    Balmain
    Colleagues
    Drummoyne
    Waverley
    Forest
    Mosman
    Petersham

West
    Knox
    Blue Mountains
    Hunters
    St Pats
    Hills
    HAC
    Epping
    HeavyB likes this.
  12. Bluey Frank Row (1)

I'm sure the fair minded folk of St Pats have included that second half hit whilst in attack that cost them a try amongst their 3 videos submitted.

The ref already had a report from the touchie and kept his hand in his pocket - but while they are submitting videos and asking the judiciary to review the game I'm sure they would have noticed that little bit of foul play by their player and want it reviewed accordingly.

Or was it just those mean Blue Mountains players who they were watching?
  13. HeavyB Fred Wood (13)

This forum is getting too negative for my liking..

laura.ainslie likes this.
  14. The Real Big Bopper Allen Oxlade (6)

Getting on the sook seems to be the div2 MO

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  15. Heavyd Alex Ross (28)

I like it.
  16. The Year Of Allen Oxlade (6)

Like the idea but need to have another 2 teams so no byes.

Also the 4 best and biggest clubs are all in the same group.

But like your thinking
  17. Pfitzy Tim Horan (67)

Canterbury win Walker and Grose Cups.

Harlequins are out of the gate fast - 12 to nil so far after zero
  18. Pfitzy Tim Horan (67)

Harlequins win. Very happy chappies based on a Twitter convo I just had
  19. Nath Jimmy Flynn (14)

What's Harlequins background?(I know that sounds like a silly question)

Are they made up of mostly english players?
  20. Pfitzy Tim Horan (67)

Mix of many Aussies, Poms, a few other nationalities thrown in. Pretty good blokes with a strong social bent and some great players