• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Div 1. 10 teams. 4 grades and colts
Balmain
Colleagues
Drummoyne
Hunters
Knox
Mosman
Petersham
Waverley
Blue Mountains
St Pats

Div 2. 3 grades + Colts
Beecroft
Forest
Hills
HAC
Epping
Lindfield
UNSW
BOBS
Newport
Redfield

Push HAC and Forest up and bring in Iggies and HV. HAC won Barraclough last year and has now won 1st and2nd grade in Div 3.
They would hold their own in Div 1

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Push HAC and Forest up and bring in Iggies and HV. HAC won Barraclough last year and has now won 1st and2nd grade in Div 3.
They would hold their own in Div 1
Yeah agreed but would 3rd and 4th grade. There would be some fearful beltings and they have zero colts. I'd be inclined to swap UNSW and HAC around. Like the format though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Yeah they are a new sponsor this year.
I have no idea what the financial deal is but season members get two drinks vouchers per game at concord - these guys wouldn't accept them and after the second home game the usual bar had run dry...
After a few rounds of giving the new beer a chance a few of us decided to go to the shammies games instead.

The Year Of

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yeah agreed but would 3rd and 4th grade. There would be some fearful beltings and they have zero colts. I'd be inclined to swap UNSW and HAC around. Like the format though

HAC 3rds and colts aren't up to going up a div. Bobs won and yes they may lose a few blokes but I still think they are the obvoius choice to go up

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
HAC 3rds and colts aren't up to going up a div. Bobs won and yes they may lose a few blokes but I still think they are the obvoius choice to go up

They will lift over time. I don’t you can win multiple higher grade premierships and then worry how competive their lower grades will be.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
But it could really only be adding an extra fortnight. Currently 2 Wet Weather's and a Guaranteed Bye in the Div 1 calendar, who also start a week after everyone else. Remove 2 of these 4 events (put the wet weather weekend/s towards the end of the season) and finals would become September footy again and what's not to like about that?

Plus 2 extra canteen rounds would see the bottom line for a fair few clubs improve

Its not the duration so much as the actual presence on match days.

I posted the draw up on Facebook as soon as it was released. At training the next night, I had a guy - who had been with the club since last year - ask me if Round 2 was going to be on a Saturday because he had a fishing charter booked.

Insert facepalm here.

And if you take away wet weather weekends, when are the poor diddums' going to get their snow weekend in?

Cranky Penguin

Stan Wickham (3)
Had a bit of a laugh today. Was told St Pats went through their first grade grand final thrashing and have sent in three videos trying to cite two Blue Mountains Rugby players.

Sour grapes or what?!?!

footy_footy

Herbert Moran (7)
Had a bit of a laugh today. Was told St Pats went through their first grade grand final thrashing and have sent in three videos trying to cite two Blue Mountains Rugby players.

Sour grapes or what?!?!

I don't know the circumstances of the citing but seems a bit ordinary to me. It was a good game, convincingly won by the better team. St Pats aren't the most popular bunch going at the best of times and I can't imagine Blue Mountains would be a fan any longer, if they ever were.

thetraitor

Chris McKivat (8)
I don't know the circumstances of the citing but seems a bit ordinary to me. It was a good game, convincingly won by the better team. St Pats aren't the most popular bunch going at the best of times and I can't imagine Blue Mountains would be a fan any longer, if they ever were.
It is their style though. Sore losers. After Forest beat them in round 1 they sent a video citing Forest prop resulting in 3 week suspension. It was even zoomed in and slow motion.

Seagull Butler

Chris McKivat (8)
Its not the duration so much as the actual presence on match days.

I posted the draw up on Facebook as soon as it was released. At training the next night, I had a guy - who had been with the club since last year - ask me if Round 2 was going to be on a Saturday because he had a fishing charter booked.

Insert facepalm here.

And if you take away wet weather weekends, when are the poor diddums' going to get their snow weekend in?

They don't go to the snow on the www's anyway, they still pick a comp round.

Seagull Butler

Chris McKivat (8)
Div 1. 14 teams. 4 grades and colts
Balmain
Colleagues
Drummoyne
Hunters
Knox
Mosman
Petersham
Waverley
Blue Mountains
St Pats
Forest
Hills
HAC
Epping

Div 2. 3 grades + Colts
Beecroft
Lindfield
UNSW
BOBS
Iggies
Newport
Redfield
Hawkesbury Valley

You would have to enhance Halligans cup to cater for those DIV 1 teams that can’t field 4 grades and those DiV 2 clubs who possibly could.

Are you looking at a 13 week season or a 26 week season? And if not home/away then imagine the discussion if Colleagues copped Blueys and HAC away...

However - conference Div 1 - then play each other twice (12 games) before having a league finals series (Week 1 - E1 v W4, E2 v W3 etc, top two ranked losers get extra shot etc) then continue

East/North
Balmain
Colleagues
Drummoyne
Waverley
Forest
Mosman
Petersham

West
Knox
Blue Mountains
Hunters
St Pats
Hills
HAC
Epping

Bluey

Frank Row (1)

Sour grapes or what?!?!

I'm sure the fair minded folk of St Pats have included that second half hit whilst in attack that cost them a try amongst their 3 videos submitted.

The ref already had a report from the touchie and kept his hand in his pocket - but while they are submitting videos and asking the judiciary to review the game I'm sure they would have noticed that little bit of foul play by their player and want it reviewed accordingly.

Or was it just those mean Blue Mountains players who they were watching?

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Are you looking at a 13 week season or a 26 week season? And if not home/away then imagine the discussion if Colleagues copped Blueys and HAC away.

However - conference Div 1 - then play each other twice (12 games) before having a league finals series (Week 1 - E1 v W4, E2 v W3 etc, top two ranked losers get extra shot etc) then continue

East/North
Balmain
Colleagues
Drummoyne
Waverley
Forest
Mosman
Petersham

West
Knox
Blue Mountains
Hunters
St Pats
Hills
HAC
Epping

I like it.

The Year Of

Allen Oxlade (6)
Are you looking at a 13 week season or a 26 week season? And if not home/away then imagine the discussion if Colleagues copped Blueys and HAC away.

East/North
Balmain
Colleagues
Drummoyne
Waverley
Forest
Mosman
Petersham

West
Knox
Blue Mountains
Hunters
St Pats
Hills
HAC
Epping

Like the idea but need to have another 2 teams so no byes.

Also the 4 best and biggest clubs are all in the same group.

But like your thinking

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Canterbury win Walker and Grose Cups.

Harlequins are out of the gate fast - 12 to nil so far after zero

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
What's Harlequins background?(I know that sounds like a silly question)

Are they made up of mostly english players?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Mix of many Aussies, Poms, a few other nationalities thrown in. Pretty good blokes with a strong social bent and some great players

Status
Not open for further replies.