• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2019

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Looks like he played colts for Gordon in 2017. Interesting that he ended up at Blueys in 2018!!!!

I saw that Saiyasi Ikanidrodro was named in Gordon's mens 7s team on the weekend just gone by. He was the winger nominated for the Div 2 medal. Either way, St Clair or Gordon, I don't think he will be playing at Lapstone this year. I'm sure Blueys would have some replacements ready to go, there is no doubt he is a massive loss. He carved up every opposition all year!

Dead_Pigeon

Frank Row (1)
You Gentlemen may have seen an interview I did recently in the Betoota Advocate. I'm looking for bright new minds and ideas around how to improve Rugby in Australia. Looking at this thread I feel this is the best place to start, especially given some of the ideas discussed to date. I did see mention of paying coaches and something about linking fences to team performance but surely both of these are terrible ideas and have no basis in reality. Anything else we can look at?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Putzy, Speaking of money, word on the street is you had to fork over some cash for your 2 new coaches this year? That is the only explanation for getting 1 coach from Blueys who are now in Div 1, & 1 coach who was a lock for Epping 1st grade this year since the Big Blobba has been banned from Somerville for 2 years? Otherwise why would they both move to a Div 6 club who probably wont be around in 2 years. Surely with an investment like this you would be hoping for 4 wins this year?

Just think - a career in comedy lost, just because you're about as funny as external haemorrhoids.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Looks like he played colts for Gordon in 2017. Interesting that he ended up at Blueys in 2018!!!!

It is interesting, and the bloke on the other wing went from us in 2017 to Blueys via Shute Shield for Parramatta first 2 rounds of last season..

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Whats the Dribbler getting at? Your allowed to pay coaches.

Getting at nothing. Just another dickhead with nothing to contribute. See HeavyB and Dead_Pigeon for examples. This forum is mostly useful bar a couple of mental fucking midgets.

The Burke

Stan Wickham (3)
Hey Pfitzy, out of interest, who have you managed to get as coaches? If you have recruited as well as suggested (forgetting the $ side of things) then good chance to brag. Good coaches are hard to come by. You usually get a old club bloke who doesn't really know that much and training is not very technically. Bit of touch and fitness, then backs go do your thing while forwards practice line outs and maybe scrums.
A good coach with a plan, ability to assess players and add to there game as well, these are harder to come by. And they need to fit the club culture or help to set it. Many players will change clubs just to follow a good coach and I am sure most clubs with these coaches are paying for them. All nice if you have the cash.
I recall Petersham winning club of the year a few years back and the president giving a quick speech talking about the difficulties of being a poor club operating on $80k a year.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Any word on when we might see a draw for season 2019?

I saw on the Shute Shield facebook page that former Penrith and St Ives coach Chip Carroll is coaching Hornsby in the central coast comp in 2019. Good appointment by Hornsby.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hey Pfitzy, out of interest, who have you managed to get as coaches? If you have recruited as well as suggested (forgetting the $ side of things) then good chance to brag.

First Grade Coach is Steve Maher

We asked him back after his previous 2 stints at the club. He was naturally hesitant as the previous regime had treated him like shit. We gave assurances that there is a big cultural change, and we weren't about to fuck up what we can put in as a foundation for future growth, whether we have success on the field or not. Build it and they will come etc. Long history in Subbies with Epping as well, where I believe he's a Life Member.

Second Grade Coach is Matt Austin

Ex-Blue Mountains 4th Grade coach - came to us after (in his own words) looking around. He stated without pause that the time commitment they wanted at Lapstone he couldn't guarantee this year due to working the odd Saturday. Not hugely experienced as a coach, but enthusiastic and filling the role as Assistant/Manager.

We think they'll make a good combination. Steve's got a good rugby brain and the right attitude for Subbies, particularly where our club sits right now.

As usual, the club is prepared to pay all their coaching courses in order to help them help us. That's about as far as the cash side of things will go, though of course coaches effectively get free subs so they'll both run out for the odd Halligan Cup game ;)

I recall Petersham winning club of the year a few years back and the president giving a quick speech talking about the difficulties of being a poor club operating on $80k a year.

:rolleyes: That was probably the bar tab at the Committee meetings ;)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I should add: Renegades Rugby have set rego fees at $100 including shorts and socks this year. Didn't snaffle quite as much grant money as last year unfortunately.

That will also include bus trips to away games. Hopefully we get a few more clubs putting up a 2nd Grade (including us!) to make it a big day and an even bigger bus trip home ;)

Rumour Ronald

Herbert Moran (7)
Rumour Ronald back in action 2019

Interesting to read on here earlier that Big Blooper has been given his marching orders from Somerville for 2 years. Would love to have more info on that.

Which Div2 club no longer has the services of their 1st grade coaching team in 2019? One to ply his trade at a Shute club, the other expected to appear at a rival club shortly.

Also in Div 2, a 2nd grade coach has left his club to rise up the ranks in a re-building shute club.

Player movements... on the grapevine I hear that the vultures are circling the playing groups of both Brothers and St Ives or Northern Saints or whatever their going to be called. One club is reported to have harvested player names from Fusesport and is about to send personalised invites to players via socials.

Keep the info coming... and good old Ronny Boy can post anon on your behalf.

Xoxo Gossip Girl

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)

Interesting to read on here earlier that Big Blooper has been given his marching orders from Somerville for 2 years. Would love to have more info on that.

Which Div2 club no longer has the services of their 1st grade coaching team in 2019? One to ply his trade at a Shute club, the other expected to appear at a rival club shortly.

Also in Div 2, a 2nd grade coach has left his club to rise up the ranks in a re-building shute club.

Player movements. on the grapevine I hear that the vultures are circling the playing groups of both Brothers and St Ives or Northern Saints or whatever their going to be called. One club is reported to have harvested player names from Fusesport and is about to send personalised invites to players via socials.

Keep the info coming. and good old Ronny Boy can post anon on your behalf.

Xoxo Gossip Girl

Any cash on offer from said club? Where do I sign.... Nobody from Brothers is in any danger of leaving to play for Lane Cove if that's the club in question, as admirable as their social media banter has been over the past few months....

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)

Player movements. on the grapevine I hear that the vultures are circling the playing groups of both Brothers and St Ives or Northern Saints or whatever their going to be called. One club is reported to have harvested player names from Fusesport and is about to send personalised invites to players via socials.

Keep the info coming. and good old Ronny Boy can post anon on your behalf.

Xoxo Gossip Girl

On the Big Blooper and a serious note, Rob moves up to the North Coast last year for personal reasons. He was not given his marching orders or anything. He still has reasonable input into the club from afar and the club couldn’t be prouder and happier of his efforts in and around the club for the past five years.
Yes, the Epping 2nd Grade Coach, Nige Miller, is coaching at The Western sydney Two Blues. No I’ll will there either, as far as I know. It is an opportunity and one that he decided to take.

GentleGiant

Allen Oxlade (6)
On the Big Blooper and a serious note, Rob moves up to the North Coast last year for personal reasons. He was not given his marching orders or anything. He still has reasonable input into the club from afar and the club couldn’t be prouder and happier of his efforts in and around the club for the past five years.
Yes, the Epping 2nd Grade Coach, Nige Miller, is coaching at The Western sydney Two Blues. No I’ll will there either, as far as I know. It is an opportunity and one that he decided to take.

RE Miller, and its their 3rd grade team as well so not like he'll be having any much input in the so called higher quality players in premier grade.

Rumour Ronald

Herbert Moran (7)
Guess who's back... back again... rumour Ronald... tell a friend!

Which div3 club is in a struggle with their LAC over their liwuor licencing restrictions? The likes of which could see them in serious financial trouble$..