• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Sydney Subbies 2024

footy_footy

Sydney Middleton (9)
Great to see Subbies reps back. Not really familiar with any of the players selected but congratulations to them all - there’s plenty of talent in Subbies Colts and I reckon it’ll be a strong outfit! Will hopefully get out to Boronia in a fortnight to see the game and the new facility’s

SubbiesSoftie

Stan Wickham (3)
Its simple. Waverly while a great club, with gret culture and play good quality rugby. Simply are jealous of Colleagues history and pedigree, and to be honest they will never be able to reach it. Not many clubs can.

Colleagues is the most successful and prestigious club in subbies and a lot are jealous.
With modesty and character like this, no wonder Waverley aren't fans!

The Ghost of Bernie

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not quite. Had the opportunity to watch them closely during the Div 3 Colts major semi and GF. They are both genuine talents. Might also add that I'm very happy to see two props from the club I play for, Lane Cove Old Ignatians, made the squad.

sterlingmortlocksgloves

Herbert Moran (7)
I expect 1 change in Division 1 with Newport coming up (if they are able to manage team expectations, have been a few times in the past where they’ve had to forfeit 2nd grade lol) and Forest going down. Tough for the forest lads as I had them picked as my team of the season in Kentwell.

Rennie4PM

Frank Row (1)
Long time reader, first time poster.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Kentwell season this year. I missed the early rounds due to being in South Africa for work but upon my return always kept abreast of everything. I saw a few comments asking for team of the year, so thought I would stop just watching from the sidelines and give it a go! Would love to see the other divisions produce something similar. Let’s hope for a healthy and respectful debate!

Kentwell Cup - Team of the Year

1- Graham Kondek (Blueys)

2- James Lynch (Hunters Hill)
3- James Bourchier (Forest)
4- Nick O’Gorman (Blueys)
5- Dom McGeekie (Waves)
6- Bryn Pritchard (Mosman)
7- Alex Connolly (Drummoyne)
8- Aparama Vulavou (Blueys)
9- Sam Reimer (Lindfield)
10- McGregor / Nay (Blueys)
11- Lewis Parfitt (Hunters Hill)
12- Angus McGrath (Blueys)
13- Pete Carter (Waves)
14- Josh McMurray / Peter Nay (Waves/BM)
15- Lachie Camroux (Hunters Hill)

16- Aidan Moore (Colleagues)
17- Elijah Wilson-Haira (Blueys)
18- Tommy Bottig (Drummoyne)
19- Conan Freeman (Lindfield)
20- Billy Dodds (Hunters Hill)
21- Waldo Wessels (Blueys)
22- Tom Callaghan (Hunters Hill)
23- Charlie Cannon / Tom Kwok (Mosman/Blueys)

Unlucky to miss: Camroux (HH), Butler-Fleming and Toganivalu (Blueys), Finlay Campbell and Steve Duke (Waves), Jeremy Wells, Alex Bathgate (Lindfield), Ben Faavae (Drummoyne), Tom Carruthers (Forest)

Other awards;
Team of best culture: Mosman
Underachiever: Colleagues
Overachiever: Lindfield

Open to suggestions on Kentwell Medallist and other options? Chris Nay Blueys 10/15 got it, but missed about 4-5 games throughout the year. I thought Camroux the 15 from Hunters Hill was outstanding and unlucky.