• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

T20 Champions League

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I see some crickets posting floating and some NSW posters around and thought I'll put this one up starting tomorrow.

3 x Indian teams (Bangalore, Delhi, Deccan)
2 x South African teams (Cape Cobras, Diamond Eagles)
2 x Australian teams (NSW, Victoria)
2 x English teams (Sussex, Somerset)
1 x NZ team (Otago)
1 x Sri Lankan team (Wayamba)
1 x West Indies team (Trinidad & Tobago)

Fixture list and site:

http://www.clt20.com/fixtures/index.htm

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Go The BLUES!

Looking forward to this one, will be good to see NSWales own Brendan McCullum opening for us as well ;)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
If there is any of you wanting to join our superbru competition or wanting to open a TYS one ,just say so. I have already sign up with the Saffers, our poolcode pathpuff

I offered this for the ICC one and run away withit in all the pools, need some Aussie/Kiwi competition.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Moses said:
Then at 1:15am Saturday dutch bowler Dirty Dirk Nannes takes on his state Victoria for his club Delhi. Prick

Well, it is professional sport, so this is the world we made with our money.

Second, they're only Victorians...

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
NTA said:
Moses said:
Then at 1:15am Saturday dutch bowler Dirty Dirk Nannes takes on his state Victoria for his club Delhi. Prick

Well, it is professional sport, so this is the world we made with our money.

Second, they're only Victorians...
Sound bit Boer that Dirk but we are dutchmen. ::)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
So the Cape Cobras will kick this one off this afternoon. Being the start of our domestic season they maybe rusted like the Proteas were .

The team is: Andrew Puttick (captain), Herschelle Gibbs, JP Duminy, Henry Davids, Justin Ontong, Vernon Philander, Rory Kleinveldt, Ryan Canning, Claude Henderson, Charl Langeveldt and Monde Zondeki. Twelfth man, Sybrand Engelbrecht.

Gibbs nearly played for the opposition but stayed in the end. The team is packed with Proteas like Gibbs, JP Duminy, Justin Ontong (our Paarl Gim cricket hero) , Philander, Henderson, Langes (another Paarl legend) and Zondeki.

A pitty Levi injured himself in the warmups because he is one big hitter coming through our ranks. The Cobras win one and tied one of these warmups. Claude Henderson sure have a huge responsable with his off spinners but the real man will be Langeveldt. He sure is our biggest weapon with his blockhole balls.

Greame Smith and AB de Villiers (Delhi Dare Devils) wont partisipate due to injuries during the ICC Champion League.

B

BillyWebb

I expect many of the non-Indian bowlers to take some time adjusting to sub-continent pitches.
But that's a decent Cobras side and anything can happen in this toss-of-a-coin 20Twenty game.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Yep the Cobras have match winners in both bowling and batting. Good to see JP Duminy knocked a unbeaten 36 in the warm up. This T20 is food for Gibbs and if he can get form he'll destroy any bowling attack.

We talk about the pitches on the ICC thread and our lot seems to adobt much easier to them.

B

BillyWebb

Surprisingly, I think the Champions Trophy pitches in SA will have helped prepare those players who experienced them.
Some of those early season pitches were the most like sub-continent pitches I've ever seen in SA - especially the ones in Centurion.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Holy Moses, that was the best T20 innings I have ever watch. :eek: Duminy sure at his best and not just slashing, he picked his shots and told my kiddie to watch.

Ja cant understand why Langes havent completed his spell.

You asking the qouta question the other day. Both Langes & Ontong coloured players that suffered due to that label. My self know Ontong quite well being the first Paarl Gym coloured player going through the ranks, myself know he have some unbelievable talent. He is still suffered from the Aus tour when it was a pick between him and Rudolf and he'd been tagged unfairly. That one knocked his confidense back and I thionk he still suffer from that one. Justin have some rear cricket skills , bowling oof and leg breaks and cant swop from a right hand to a left hand batting stand. Hope we'll see some of that in this tournament. Then Langes, hell he is in my books the best quickie in these short cricket stuff. He practise that yorker balls at least an hour a day and the way he get swing with it pretty diffficult to keep out. Maybe I am just biased because they are both Paarl boys. Myself think in our area cricket is in front of rugby in the merit coloured player stakes. You can watch this Cobra side and all those players on merit there. Just think how strong they suppose to be when Kallis & Boucher was still playing for them.

Think it unfair for the Indian teams to include all those international players compare to the others. Still the Cobras win and it show the depth of our cricket compare to them.

Anyway was a great spectucal altho myself like the test version of cricket more but JP usually is the type that keep his form, so hoping he'll keep it.

Today its the Osfonteiners with Boeta to show their mettle.

B

BillyWebb

My understanding was that Langeveldt picked up an injury - hence only bowling 3 overs.

Justin Ontong was complete pants last night.
He bowled rubbish. Dropped a relatively straight forward catch and didn't quite get going with the bat.

I've heard a lot over the years about all the talent he has.
For whatever reason - quota selections denting his confidence etc. - he just isn't translating that talent into top-class performances. Maybe he just doesn't have the mental strength?

Take Duminy by comparison... Wow, that lad just goes from strength to strength.
Awesome knock last night pretty much single-handedly winning the game for the Cobras.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Yep Justin did not play well last night but he sure have the talent. The Cobra's fielding was very poor last night. Maybe the moment was to big for them and hope their nerves will settle down. They Play Otago on saturday and today NSW will take on the Osfonteiners of Boeta.

B

BillyWebb

I was looking at the respective line-ups for the NSW - Eagles game.
Odds must be heavily in favour of the Aussies!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
BillyWebb said:
I was looking at the respective line-ups for the NSW - Eagles game.
Odds must be heavily in favour of the Aussies!
Yep I dunno the Tahs in cricket that well but the Osfonteiners have quite good young talent in their side. watch out for the new Vinnige Fanie. de Villiers , top notch.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
end on 144/6 after 20.

Saw the new Vinnige Fanie havent been picked.

Now this young Osfonteiners have to deal with Bosinger, Lee & Hauritz, hope Donald gave them a bit of blitz in the nets.

Status
Not open for further replies.