• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

table test

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spooony

I'm not sure you could do a lot to fake that. If so willing to see a backyard recreation
Your correct. It is real and The Undertaker has real Powers. Movie stunts are not real but it doesn't mean you must go do it in your backyard. They got props, experience and how to make it less oempf.
ortonflairouch.jpg

Those tables are props and they are professionally trained entertainers that does fake wrestling. Look at the marvelous slap reminds me of Italian football

S

spooony

What are the characteristics of a fake table?
The tables used in a wrestling match are thin and cheap, and break easily. They are not pre-cut or rigged in any way, however they are made of poor quality materials. Also, they almost always go through the centre of the table, where no metal is present.

The ring is built so that underneath it is sprung. You may see this when the curtain gets raised up. Wrestlers say that it is most like a bouncing castle. When wrestlers take huge jumps in the ring it takes a lot of the impact away. There are a few layers of soft wood under the mat, to take away the force of impact. Also, there is often a microphone under the ring to make big moves sound more dangerous.
wrestling2.jpg

Thats a rehearsal

S

spooony

So he jumped off a 20ft ladder and had a padded landing which didn't hurt...?
The table broke the fall and took most of the ouch away. They are professionally trained athletes which rehearse those moves. It does sometime go wrong and they do sometimes get hurt but it doesn't make the wrestling real nor does it make the tables real ones you get in halls churches dinner tables and in your home. If that table didn't break so easily then they would get really hurt. You wanna see a wrestling move go wrong? Google Owen Heart who fell from 20ft and died

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I get that the table is thin Spoony but I don't think the fall is fake, nor do I think they would have reversed that til they got it right. It's a pretty decent and risky stunt especially to do in front of a crowd and should get props for it.

That said, thin or nt, it's still a table and for this thread deserves recognition as a table.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
It's probably a highly engineered table - if it breaks to quickly, it doesn't absorb any energy and there's a serious injury. Breaks not enough and the deceleration is too fast.

I'm sure they would have calculated the height and weight perfectly to get as "soft" a landing as possible... that said - it will still hurt.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It's probably a highly engineered table - if it breaks to quickly, it doesn't absorb any energy and there's a serious injury. Breaks not enough and the deceleration is too fast..

Now we are talking about the mechanics of a table! Who woulda thought.

Thanks WJ for bringing the thread back to the point, my post was more about the table than oiled up guys.

S

spooony

I get that the table is thin Spoony but I don't think the fall is fake, nor do I think they would have reversed that til they got it right. It's a pretty decent and risky stunt especially to do in front of a crowd and should get props for it.

That said, thin or nt, it's still a table and for this thread deserves recognition as a table.
It is a prop. Thats what it is like in stunt movies they use props. It is a table but its not the table they want you to believe. Its a rigged table designed to break the impact and help the wrestler.

Wrestlemania 24. Shaun Michaels vs Ric Flair someone forgot to rig the table and it didn't break. Shaun Michaels was injured badly.

And I did not say it can't be used or anything that is your own words. I said its a fake table meaning its rigged and a fake wrestler meaning rehearsed stunts which is scripted. I was referring to the stunt it is not as awesome as it looks or they want you to believe. Travis Pestrana or Brain Deacon Doing a double backflip or a 360 militia twist with a motorcycle is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.