• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahs v Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
A tough match looms against the Bye, a very tough match. The Tahs have been consistently inconsistent going WLWLWLWLW the last nine matches, they're due for a loss. My money's on the Bye this weekend. ;)

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
It's critical in matches against "The Bye" that you win the toss.
Then you can kick off, win possession, score and win the game.
Lose the toss and there's no kick off.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Even if you lose the toss, you can often get them on a technicality.

If they haven't submitted their official team lists by the nominated time, then teams can, and often do, claim a forfeit against The Bye. Their team administration is frequently at a standard that makes our unpaid interns work look worlds best practice in comparison.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Mind you I've always thought are the team that makes the least mistakes, so very very hard to win. From stats I have checked they have not been penalised for any offside infringements this season, and have yet to miss a tackle.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Its been some turn around in form for the Bye, they gifted each team 8 points last year but have yet to give up a single match point this year.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
I have a feeling the tahs could fumble this one. They really need to improve their ball skills if they can take it to the bye.

I personally don't think the tahs will come out this week with any new points.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
I still say that the kick-off is the risk for the Tahs.
They need it to go 10m, not dead in-goal and not into touch.
They need to pick the ball up very carefully, maybe facing their own goal line, in a gentle sweeping motion.
Secure it with both hands, arms and shoulders and do not think about running or passing it.
Walk calmly towards the try line (oppositions) and again, do not even think about passing it.
Avoid fellow players, the goal and corner posts and lay down in-goal carefully.
Send on all 8 replacements to improve their Super rugby stats.
Conduct post match interview "They're a good side the Bye, we certainly didn't underestimate them, but they just didn't turn up tonight".

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Every match against the Bye's different: what other team's gone WLWLWLWLW leading into the Bye fixture?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Given the relative weakness of The Bye, I can see Chieka releasing many of his first choice players to their Clubs for a Shute Shield hit out.

I can see an under-strength Tahs side being named for this game. This will impact on the gate, and I can't see too many punters turning up.

Who will be released to Shute Shield and who will be held for The Bye?

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
I dunno last time vs the bye, they really took it out on us and we paid for it in subsequent matches.

Tldr: the bye ALWAYS steals our momentum.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
I know this thread is really just a p@sstake, but in reality it will do a couple of players good to get over some niggles. Not sure how Potgeiter's right calf is going, hopefully it is OK for the Lions match.

I think we will need everyone on the park on the 18th as nothing short of a bonus point victory will be good enough for our finals aspirations.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I honestly think even if JacPot is out, we've shown that we can survive without him and it might even be a chance to give Tala Gray a run or McCutcheon more opportunities. Dennis is the backup lock.

The Lions have a good scrum, decent lineout, but not much else by the looks of things, though need to be mindful of giving away penalties as that flyhalf can kick like a mule.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Given the relative weakness of The Bye, I can see Chieka releasing many of his first choice players to their Clubs for a Shute Shield hit out.

I can see an under-strength Tahs side being named for this game. This will impact on the gate, and I can't see too many punters turning up.

Who will be released to Shute Shield and who will be held for The Bye?

Not so many years ago the bye was playing GPS firsts:)

Status
Not open for further replies.