• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahs Vs Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Yesssssssssssssss!

Go the fucking Tahs. Very happy to be wrong about just about everything I thought going into that game.

Hangers > Beale. Tunkiri played well. TPN was great apart from chucking, Burgess great apart from passing (pity about those core skills). Worst on ground was Sheehan. Maybe that's who NSW are trying to get rid of? SNK was good in attack and crap in defence; Horne was something less than lacklustre. Robbo and the scrum were terrific.

MOM: Mumm.

Geddit?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
As in the words of the famous ALP meeting of the 50s, "take their names, take their names"; who didn't pick the Tahs tonight? C'mon, own up. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Lindommer said:
As in the words of the famous ALP meeting of the 50s, "take their names, take their names", who didn't pick the Tahs tonight? C'mon, own up. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Not me. But someone did hack into the blog under my name and post a spurious preview saying blues by 10 :-X

Video highlights up http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I backed the Blues. And Mrs Sully picked the stinkin Blues (The Tahs she picked the stinkin Tahs I mean!) :-[

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I had the Blues.
After holding 1st in the tipping comp for a few weeks, I felt the intangible need to claw back some ground from the field so went head over heart. Never been happier to get a pick wrong!!
I redirect the naysayers to the Syd Uni Mafia thread - Hangers did alright, I would say.
Fark the Blues are dumb. Will they blame Pat Lam, or is it still Nucifora's fault?

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
While it was good for the Tahs to get the win, I thought there's still a long way to go before they can take the Jaapie teams in Jaapieland.

Thought Burgess played the best I've seen him play this year (bar the one or two standard crazy passes), but Sheehan continues to stink the place up. That Neuter is having a go over at TSF saying Burgo/Sheehan at the top of the Wallaby pecking order so far, surely he is on a fishing excursion over there.... Anyone care to own up?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Grandmaster Flash said:
While it was good for the Tahs to get the win, I thought there's still a long way to go before they can take the Jaapie teams in Jaapieland.

Thought Burgess played the best I've seen him play this year (bar the one or two standard crazy passes), but Sheehan continues to stink the place up. That Neuter is having a go over at TSF saying Burgo/Sheehan at the top of the Wallaby pecking order so far, surely he is on a fishing excursion over there.... Anyone care to own up?
Not me, but I enjoyed giving TB a serve, given his bilious crap he spouts non-stop about Australia. Seriously, the guy needs to get a life. I mean FFS, who hates a country on principle?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
wow, was out so missed the game, but good result. Saw the highlights, Halangu first try.

Starts my tipping weekend on the slide, but am happy for the result regardless.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Grandmaster Flash said:

He's been around for a fair while over there but has really come into his own this season. I look forward to his messages, they are hilarious.

The anti Oz venom on TSF is a bit boring. TB is one of many. There are plenty of very good posters over there though so still worth a visit imo.

rustycruiser

Billy Sheehan (19)
I picked the Blues. Then again, I got a SEVEN last week in TSF tipping comp. Seriously, I need to start a new program of just going opposite my initial hunch.

Haven't seen the game yet. Where the Tahs good, the Blues bad, or a combo of both?

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I picked the blues.

I haven't seen the game yet, how did the blues actually play. I watched the chiefs-blues last week and I would be interested to know how much they improved, or did we just play well against an average side.

Let see if the tahs (and hangers) can back it up again this week V the stormers, then I will start believing.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Grandmaster Flash said:

I think it is Ali's choice from PR, he used the same line there.

Burgess was great, but when he gets the adrenalin really working he can through a dud pass.

Tahs were not great, the blues were just worse

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I didn't think we could do it but was at least confident we wouldn't get completely shellacked once Woodcock was out. But I still didn't think we could win with our skill levels...

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Re: Tahs v Blues

Anyone count how many times SNK drifted in to first receiver? I noticed for a few of them he passed the pill to Halangahu. Obviously a pre-determined tactic.

A shame he's decided to pull the plug on Oz rugby. There seems to be an attitude "if I can't play for the Wallabies I'm buggering off" in Australia, and for the ABs in NZ. An experienced bloke like SNK is just what the Force need at the moment. No problem playing 10 over there.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Yeah, I reckon he's a better 10 than 15. I wasn't too thrilled with his defence last night, though. Hewat-esque.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Best on ground was TPN, yeah he missed a few throws but he hit the important ones at the end, Luke Burgess was brilliant last night his best game this year.

Tahs unlucky not to win by more, Lachie Turner was definitely onside when he took that intercept in the 1st half.

If Sheehan was the worst then Tahu was a very close 2nd he ran the ball 3 times & turned it over twice missed a tackle & basically did nothing.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
cyclopath said:
Grandmaster Flash said:

Not me, but I enjoyed giving TB a serve, given his bilious crap he spouts non-stop about Australia. Seriously, the guy needs to get a life. I mean FFS, who hates a country on principle?

Haha yeah he has deep-seated problems with Australia, loves jumping in when an Aussie side gets thumped, but somehow he didn't show his face on the Sharks V Reds thread on TSF? :nta: (chin rubbing emoticon is what I was going for)

Status
Not open for further replies.