• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahs Vs Farce

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brokendown gunfighter

Scarfman said:
Where are all the Force guys? Turbs, en_force_er, hatchie, brokendown? Bring the pain, boys, or I'll have to get CHISELNUTS back.

we are all still shattered after last week
deadset
Force to lead by 20 with 10 to go
you know the rest

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
Noddy said:
Hard-working lock Will Caldwell will become NSW's most capped lock as he plays his 64th match for the Waratahs, surpassing former Test players Tom Bowman and John Welborn (63).

Caldwell made his state debut against Scotland in 2004, and played his first Super 14 match two years later against the Queensland Reds.

astounding!

That was a big surprise but gee good on him. 1/3 may have been off the bench but he did play every minute of every game in a super 14 season which is pretty damn impressive. Some talk of serious overseas offers for him which would be a huge huge loss if he does go.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
im going to put the hoodoo out there and say tahs by 40!
i reckon we will finally click and everything will be right witht he world!

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
So anyone up for a pub crawl on the way to the game? I'm aiming on getting to the Rocks around 2pm and heading to the match from there...

S

Spook

It was a fucking joke the tahs got a bonus point. Two good tries from the force ruled out.

The much vaunted Waratahs scrum were ineffective.

B

brokendown gunfighter

Spook said:
It was a fucking joke the tahs got a bonus point. Two good tries from the force ruled out.

The much vaunted Waratahs scrum were ineffective.

probably one of the worst refereeing ive seen for some time,the so called assistant referee had the same white cane
if i was allowed to say Golly gosh! I would
golly gosh
d.eadset

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Leaving aside the referring, which was bad for both teams and possibly favoured the tahs anyway, I actually thought this was a reasonable game by 2009 Waratah standards. There were plenty of breaks made by both teams and some good covering defense.

For the tahs, we were as disfunctional as ever with the ball in hand. No one seems to know what their role is or who is calling the shots or where the play is going next. There were a number of occaisions where we did spread turnover ball quikcly to find space, but only to find the whole waratah front row as the only players there. I still think we have significant issues with our 9-10-12 channel. Many have said it, but Carter is only suited to a crash ball/kick chase style game. He doesn't distribute the ball full stop. It was very telling that the tahs only tries last night came when Sheehan wisely cut them out and went stright to Turner. I genuinely feel sorry for Tiquiri and Tahu as they just didnt get any ball at all last night.

The positive for the tahs is that the effort is still there, the defence is great and some of our forward play is top class.

Thats pretty much the end for the tahs now, I can't see them winning all 3 in SA to keep our slim hopes alive. All in all its been a very strange season - we have beaten the best 3 NZ teams (Chiefs, blues and canes) but its very hard to call this a successful season and I think NSW rugby should be very worried about the way the tahs are fading away ikn the very competitve Sydney sporting market.

The force backline were a joy to watch and they are only missing a couple of decent tight forwards to be a real contender. Valentives passing was great last night he would be ahead of both Burgess and Sheehan in Wallaby rankings at the moment.

WhoNeedsMelon

Frank Row (1)
waratahjesus said:
im going to put the hoodoo out there and say tahs by 40!
i reckon we will finally click and everything will be right witht he world!

In retrospect, shall we assume this was sarcasm?

Maybe next game?

Maybe not.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
The Force were a 20 point better team than the 'tahs last night. Two legitimate tries stolen by the ref and his assistant and the 'tahs gifted 6 points in penalties that weren't even free kick offences.

mark_s said:
Thats pretty much the end for the tahs now, I can't see them winning all 3 in SA to keep our slim hopes alive. All in all its been a very strange season - we have beaten the best 3 NZ teams (Chiefs, blues and canes) but its very hard to call this a successful season and I think NSW rugby should be very worried about the way the tahs are fading away in the very competitve Sydney sporting market.
Maybe Sydney rugby fans are taking Hickey at his word and saying that if only the result matters they will wait until the next day and read it online or check it over the internet or in the sports news.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
If the Tahs want to play 10 man rugby they should build a side around that and sign the kid from Gordon.

This half arsed approach is driving me crazy.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah I wonder when the fuck Hickey is just going to decide to try something else. Are these really the only cards he intends to play? Or the only cards he thinks he has? I just can't see anything cohesive coming out of this season.

R

rugbywhisperer

For a start the Tah's do not have a fullback. SNK is about as effective in attack as a seaslug. He is lost.
I would love Hickey and Mooney have a mass sacking and just for the heck of it get a few players from grade - I have never been a fan (as we all know) of so many young players at this level.
Read my data from 2 weeks ago - the Reds have the youngest side in the s14 not by 1 or 2 years but 3.5 and their youngest run on player is way younger than others. The Tah's are bit better but in the all important 9 / 10 combination both teams have a serious problem - BLOODY EXPERIENCE and you cannot learn in the pressure cooker of s14 if you are going backwards all the time.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
There are no answers.

Its not like there's a Stephen Larkham hidden on the end of the Tahs bench.
Giving Ben Batger, Pete Playford and Matt Carraro more playing time won't scare anyone and is just deckchairs titanic.
There's no cavalry coming to the rescue as far as club rugby talent - Burgess & Halangahu own in club rugby.
Even if there is, what can you do about dumb rugby like the committe meetings at the base of the ruck and your meathead flanker acting as first receiver so often ?
There is no domestic comp or any plans for one.
2 states, NSW and Queensland, feed 4 four Super 14 franchises.
Rugby has waved the white flag at the talent in Sydney's west, and the club elite want no teams west or south.

But yeah, that's Hickey's fault eh guys ? ::)

For mine, we need to improve the systems in place rather than continually depending on a messiah to wave their magic farking wand and make it all better.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
naza said:
Rugby has waved the white flag at the talent in Sydney's west, and the club elite want no teams west or south.

Good point naza.

Uni, Randwick, and Easts have a LOT to answer for. Get the pitchforks and flaming torches everybody - there are monsters to slay.

R

rugbywhisperer

Is anybody open for a draft in the form of NFL for new talent coming through. There must be a system that allows a good spread and get the kiddies good experience and benefits the clubs and if they thrive then the rest benefit.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
NTA said:
naza said:
Good point naza. Uni, Randwick, and Easts have a LOT to answer for. Get the pitchforks and flaming torches everybody - there are monsters to slay.

Saying they have a lot to answer for is putting it mildly. The West Harbour president informed me recently the evil three are pushing for Penrith and Parramatta to be excluded from the top level Sydney competition; one excuse they use is they don't like travelling "out there". At the moment the vote is 7-5 to keep them in, with the evil three plus the Rats (shame on you) and one other voting to exclude them. Added to the attitude of some like Bruce Ross who want only boys from rugby's "private school heartland" to play the game, they have no interest in rugby's progress where the "demographics aren't friendly to rugby". At the moment others like Simon Poidevin want the management of the Sydney Premier rugby comp removed from the NSWRU as they don't like any actions which aren't in their interests. This "I'm OK, bugger the rest of you" attitude by the elite clubs is killing rugby in this city. Surprisingly, rugby's thriving in country NSW despite the lack of attention from the NSWRU.

Let me put my mast in the ground: rugby MUST become a more inclusive game in this country if it's going to grow and prosper. It should be a game of choice for the youth of western Sydney (one third of Australia's young people) rather than be left to wither and die.

F

formeropenside

rugbywhisperer said:
Is anybody open for a draft in the form of NFL for new talent coming through. There must be a system that allows a good spread and get the kiddies good experience and benefits the clubs and if they thrive then the rest benefit.

Never ever, until the parasite Force start producing talent of their own. And even then I dont like it.

Although I agree more could be done with grade players in the squads, rather than 18-20 year olds. I was at Uni - Souths on Sat in the Brisbane comp, and (say) Albert Vulivuli is big, strong and fast.

We need an ARC, not a 5th team to help better ID the talent we have.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
naza said:

Yes it is. Hickey has a better backline than Ewen had last year yet (and the backline last year - with the right tactics - was able to get us into the final) this year they are playing with no idea. Hickey (and his staff) do not seem to be coaching any tactics or style of play at all. Don't forget that he had 12 months to plan this season out, it not like he came into the job late. I think you are being overly genourous with Hickey.

I also see that Hickey has been doing his sums again and has worked out that the tahs may only need to win 2 of their last 3 to make it. The waratahs need a coach not a mathematician.

Status
Not open for further replies.