• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahs Vs Farce

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
mark_s said:
naza said:
But yeah, that's Hickey's fault eh guys ? ::)

Yes it is. Hickey has a better backline than Ewen had last year yet (and the backline last year - with the right tactics - was able to get us into the final) this year they are playing with no idea. Hickey (and his staff) do not seem to be coaching any tactics or style of play at all. Don't forget that he had 12 months to plan this season out, it not like he came into the job late. I think you are being overly genourous with Hickey.

I also see that Hickey has been doing his sums again and has worked out that the tahs may only need to win 2 of their last 3 to make it. The waratahs need a coach not a mathematician.
Spot on Mark.
This barrow pushed by some that Hickey should be absolved from any blame is ridiculous. He took a team that made the final, answered the question about whether the set pieces could compete without some big names who went (they can), but has made retrograde steps all season with the backs.
By all means blame the players ad nauseam, and they deserve a lot of it, but I can't help but think that Link and Louden would have made a better fist of things. They clearly are not training right, to be able to put anything right on the field.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
cyclopath said:
mark_s said:
naza said:

Yes it is. Hickey has a better backline than Ewen had last year yet (and the backline last year - with the right tactics - was able to get us into the final) this year they are playing with no idea. Hickey (and his staff) do not seem to be coaching any tactics or style of play at all. Don't forget that he had 12 months to plan this season out, it not like he came into the job late. I think you are being overly genourous with Hickey.

I also see that Hickey has been doing his sums again and has worked out that the tahs may only need to win 2 of their last 3 to make it. The waratahs need a coach not a mathematician.
Spot on Mark.
This barrow pushed by some that Hickey should be absolved from any blame is ridiculous. He took a team that made the final, answered the question about whether the set pieces could compete without some big names who went (they can), but has made retrograde steps all season with the backs.
By all means blame the players ad nauseam, and they deserve a lot of it, but I can't help but think that Link and Louden would have made a better fist of things. They clearly are not training right, to be able to put anything right on the field.

That'll do me - now the Tahs under Link were the glory days of Tahs attacking rugby ? :lmao:

Same players, same results. You can't polish a turd.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
naza said:
cyclopath said:
mark_s said:
naza said:

Spot on Mark.

That'll do me - now the Tahs under Link were the glory days of Tahs attacking rugby ? :lmao:

Well we made the final last year, do you think we'll go close this year? Not really the same is it, naza?
Nobody said they were the glory days - I mentioned we would have done better with Link and LOUDEN (or did you miss that bit?). As usual your hyperbole completely misrepresents the point. Wisemantel doesn't seem to have much of a clue, nor does Hickey. Are you related to Hickey, or is it another outlet for your Palu man-love??

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
naza said:
cyclopath said:
mark_s said:
naza said:

Spot on Mark.

Nice one Naza, your response is to argue against a point that no one has made in the first place.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
mark_s said:
naza said:
cyclopath said:
mark_s said:
naza said:

Spot on Mark.

Nice one Naza, your response is to argue against a point that no one has made in the first place.

To your fictitious claim that McKenzie would have done better ?

I never claimed that Hickey should be absolved of all blame either.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Naza can you not see any difference between the waratahs ability to execute a game plan and match results between 2008 and 2009? We have already lost more games this year than last year, are averaging more points conceded per game and less points scored per game.

Of course we may slay the Saffas over the last 3 weeks of the comp to fix this up, but I wouldn't be putting my money on that outcome.

Who knows what McKenzie would have done this year, the fact is he did do better last year with nearly all the same players (although he had to do without SNK and Tahu for significant periods in 2008). Or are you saying that the loss of Elsom and Vickerman is the reason we are now clueless with ball in hand?

BTW - I am not saying that its all Hickey's fault, but he should get a good share of it allocated to him because the signs have been there since early in the season.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
mark_s said:
Naza can you not see any difference between the waratahs ability to execute a game plan and match results between 2008 and 2009? We have already lost more games this year than last year, are averaging more points conceded per game and less points scored per game.

Or are you saying that the loss of Elsom and Vickerman is the reason we are now clueless with ball in hand?

I see bugger all difference between this year and last. We were clueless last year with ball in hand, and the year before that.

Tahs fans have been whinging for years under McKenzie about the style of rugby played and this hasn't changed under Hickey.

Its no surprise that this style of rugby is reaping diminishing returns.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I vaguely recall somewhere that the Tahs backs that would be calling plays would be the 12 and 13 as they supposedly had a better view of what was going on. Wouldn't be surprised if Carter was calling crash ball to himself all night.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
im going to call beale to 10, hangers to 12, lote to 13, back three of turner, skn and horne, lote can do the crash ball stuff and with extra room can gain alot more ground than carter and do so out wider were horne and turner can take advantage!

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
is there any reason we cant pick ratu in more than one position, if we pick him at 13 & 14 it means the oppositions defence will have to compress and as a result he will have more room on the outside!

M

Mainlander

mark_s said:
Thats pretty much the end for the tahs now, I can't see them winning all 3 in SA to keep our slim hopes alive. All in all its been a very strange season - we have beaten the best 3 NZ teams (Chiefs, blues and canes) but its very hard to call this a successful season and I think NSW rugby should be very worried about the way the tahs are fading away ikn the very competitve Sydney sporting market.

Three best NZ teams ..... :lmao: :lmao:

They got beat (again) my the best NZ team, the rest are there just to make up numbers.

mark_s said:

Sounds like he's come under a certain ex Wannabe coach/statition's influence... or are all Ozzie coaches clones of Eddie Jones.

M

Mainlander

mark_s said:
Leaving aside the referring, which was bad for both teams and possibly favoured the tahs anyway

How could you say this.....

OK I was neutral watching the game, you all know where my heart lies and my preference with Oz teams are the Bumboys, then the Reds. As for the Farce/Tahs, well not a fan of either. As any Queenslander I love to see the Tahs lose but the poaching Farce isn?t hi on my to like list either. I tipped the Tahs.

So as a neutral I found the referring pathetic and blatantly one sided in the Tahs favour by a huge amount.

I noticed early in the Comp that the Tahs seemed to always be getting a an Aussie ref regardless of who they were playing and these refs seemed to be doing as much as they could to help out the Tahs at times but against the Farce it was like 17/18 against 15. If those officials don't get dropped next week it makes a farce of this neutral refereeing bullshit.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Mainlander said:
mark_s said:
Leaving aside the referring, which was bad for both teams and possibly favoured the tahs anyway

How could you say this.....

OK I was neutral watching the game, you all know where my heart lies and my preference with Oz teams are the Bumboys, then the Reds. As for the Farce/Tahs, well not a fan of either. As any Queenslander I love to see the Tahs lose but the poaching Farce isn?t hi on my to like list either. I tipped the Tahs.

So as a neutral I found the referring pathetic and blatantly one sided in the Tahs favour by a huge amount.

I noticed early in the Comp that the Tahs seemed to always be getting a an Aussie ref regardless of who they were playing and these refs seemed to be doing as much as they could to help out the Tahs at times but against the Farce it was like 17/18 against 15. If those officials don't get dropped next week it makes a farce of this neutral refereeing bullshit.

At the field, the yellow card for Caldwell looked harsh as the player fell into the tackle. Similarly, the penalty to the force (when the tahs had just turned over the ball late in the game) for a high tackle by tahu was also very harsh - there was nothing in it and the player was also falling. A key decision in the conext of the game given it used up time and took away field position and posession from the tahs.

BTW - Stanners was right in front of me when he put his foot "out" in the disallowed try and I called him out as soon as I saw it (and before the Force had gone onto score). I was clearly wrong given the replay but I can understand how the assistant got that one wrong.

Of course the real answer to your question is, as any tahs fan will tell you, we always get dudded by refs, especially in S14 finals. :fishing

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Mainlander said:

I found the refereeing pathetic. Way too soft on the Force who were on a mission to constantly infringe. They were constantly offside, tacklers never rolled away, hands in ruck, you name it they did it. It just shows what a farce the ELVs are.

Whilst us Tahs fans are unimpressed with our attack, we have to take into account how stop start that and other games are due to such cynical spoiling tactics of our fuckwit opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.