• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahu having a sook about something Johns said?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
Good an Tahu (cant believe I said that).

Are we really surprised at John's actions? Please see my other thread for further discussion :)

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Not in passing.
Johns was addressing the team at a dinner and according to all reports this comment was the straw that broke the camels back.
Johns comment was directed at Inglis and with both being indigenous Tahu found the comment offensive.

O

OZGOD

Johns is a yobbo plain and simple. Now that we all know what happened nobody can defend what he said. But I still reckon Tahu did the wrong thing walking out. There are other, just as effective ways he could make a stand, he could have demanded Johns's resignation or made a big stink of it in the media or rounded up his teammates and had them all present a united front. By walking out he's effectively punished himself as well as NSW (though I reckon Monaghan will be a better winger anyway).

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
cant wait til johns is selected as the allstars coach v the dreamtime team or whatever (and it will happen, leagueys tend to forgive everyone)

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
Johns has stepped down and the fact that this is not an isolated incident is out there. The racism issue is being discussed and Tahu will play for NSW again...

What could be more effective? I know some folks resent Tahu but credit where credit's due...

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Johns should have been fired, it is a workplace and racism should lead to dismissal.

The interesting thing is what happens to Tahu? it is NRL policy for a player to miss a club game as a penalty for not playing rep football when picked, I think this happened to J Lyons in the past and should be imposed on Tahu. This would open an interesting can of worms, if he misses a game then the league is saying he is soft and there was nothing in the comment, if he does not miss a game then Johns would have to be fired as he would be deemed to have been totally at fault.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Johns did the only thing he could do by resigning. Sure it was probably suggested to him but still.
I'm pretty sure Tahu will be given a free pass this weekend. The NRL will be incredibly stupid if they impose any penalty on him.

A

AIDAN

Tahu is the victim here and may not of felt he could speak out about it. it is a hard position to be put in. Was he the only coloured guy there?

apparantly johns had to clear the air with Jarryd Hayne and one other indigenous player. from the NSW side

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
By the looks of it he didn't even approach Johns about his comments before he walked out and made a big deal of it. Sorry but i think he is just being a little drama queen. He gets paid millions to play rugby, i couldn't care less if he was offended by comments not made to him. Sure Johns did the wrong thing, but if there is a wrong way to go about this, Tahu has done it.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
If he had approached Johns it would have been hushed up and people would think that they can keep abusing people on a racial basis. A lot of people don't even realise they are doing it.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
In Growden's article today he talks about someone yelling out "bring back Tahu" at last night's barbarians game. What he didnt mention was that some twit then said "yeah bring back the black c%^t". A disgusting comment that I was appalled to hear but was made worse by the sight of Growden seemingly laughing at it as he told others what was said.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I don't see what the fuss is about, Johns was just quoting Justin Harrison after all..

But seriously, Tahu was offended by Johns' racist call and left, Johns has now been kicked out of the camp, so why is Tahu still not playing??

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
because Tahu runs away from things when it gets a bit tough.

Dad was at a Origin lunch yesterday and Benny Elias was speaking. He said that a lot of the BLues players are pissed off with Tahu for disrupting the camp.

T

TheTruth

Johns is just a dickhead, druggie who's record (which was great) should be expunged from all the record books - what a ratbag individual/druggie who is a BAD example to our young people - he always makes excuses - take responsibility for your actions - thats what we try and tell our kids.

Looks like he will miss out on that coaching position at Cherberg

A

AIDAN

hayne still wasnt happy about it. anyway its league and it doesnt matter what country they are from they end up playing for about three different national teams

Status
Not open for further replies.