• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Team of the Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Thought it might be interesting to see who people think would make a hypothetical Rugby Championship XV to defend the hemisphere's honour against a hypothetical Six Nations XV. Here's mine:

1. Ayerza
2. Strauss
3. Herrera
4. Retallick
5. Matfield
6. Leguizamón
7. McCaw
8. Vermeulen
9. A Smith
10. Sanchez
11. Savea
12. de Villiers
13. C Smith
14. B Smith
15. Folau

And because it's a 23 man game these days, here's my bench:

Slipper
O Franks
B du Plessis
Whitelock
Hooper
Landajo
Pollard
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

Yours?

And maybe our friends from Oop North could speculate wildly as to who might play for the hypothetical Team of the Six Nations.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Thought it might be interesting to see who people think would make a hypothetical Rugby Championship XV to defend the hemisphere's honour against a hypothetical Six Nations XV. Here's mine:

1. Ayerza
2. Strauss
3. Herrera
4. Retallick
5. Matfield
6. Leguizamón
7. McCaw
8. Vermeulen
9. A Smith
10. Sanchez
11. Savea
12. de Villiers
13. C Smith
14. B Smith
15. Folau

Slipper
O Franks
B du Plessis
Whitelock
Hooper
Landajo
Pollard
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

Yours?

And maybe our friends from Oop North could speculate wildly as to who might play for the hypothetical Team of the Six Nations.

Is Folau the sympathy vote? I'd have Dagg or LeRoux before Izzie.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is Folau the sympathy vote? I'd have Dagg or LeRoux before Izzie.

I'm assuming he'd be coached to put the dumb grubbers away. Topped most of the stats you want your FB to top. Dagg a close 2nd but I really tried to use both eyes when choosing this (no easy feat for a bloke who goes for Canterbury AND the AB lol).

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I'm assuming he'd be coached to put the dumb grubbers away. Topped most of the stats you want your FB to top. Dagg a close 2nd but I really tried to use both eyes when choosing this (no easy feat for a bloke who goes for Canterbury AND the AB lol).

I hereby absolve you of the requirement for balance on this, and only this, occasion.
We couldn't even supply the gear steward at the moment!

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Kurindrani would be only other wallaby worthy of a look in but he missed the first few games and Conrad Smith has been pretty awesome, especially last weekend

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Slipper
Creevy
Franks
Etzebeth
Retallick
Coetzee
McCaw
Vermeulen
Smith
Sanchez
Savea
de Villiers
Kuridrani
Smith
Folau

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I would like to start Slipper because of his work rate around the paddock. Also think Coetzee and Whitelock present pretty good arguments. I would be starting Kurindrani

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Certainly we can't put in a team manager - we don't fucking have one!

Kuridrani is a lock in at 13. He fucking dominated the Boks almost single-handed.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
1. Slipper
2. Creevy
3. Kepu
4. Retallick
5. Etzebeth
6. Read
7. Hooper
8. Vermeulen
9. Smith
10. Barrett
11. Savea
12. de Villiers
13. Kuridrani
14. B Smith
15. Folau

16. Coles
17. Ayerza
18. Franks
19. Whitelock
20. McCaw
21. Hougaard
22. Pollard
23. le Roux

NZ 10
SA 6
Aus 5
Arg 2

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)

1. Ayerza
2. Strauss
3. Herrera
4. Retallick
5. Matfield
6. Leguizamón
7. McCaw
8. Vermeulen
9. A Smith
10. Sanchez
11. Savea
12. de Villiers
13. C Smith
14. B Smith
15. Folau

Slipper
O Franks
B du Plessis
Whitelock
Hooper
Landajo
Pollard
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

Yours?

SANZAR's team differs only from your one WO, with Hooper over McCaw. Credit to Kurindrani, but isn't quite there yet. Can't argue with your bench selections at all.

http://www.sanzarrugby.com/therugbychampionship/news/is-this-the-team-of-trc2014/

Status
Not open for further replies.