• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Technical advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
All, need some assistance for the sake of the podcast (so you may or may not wish to assist).

I went to do the show this week and the microphone wasn't being picked up on the computer. I've tried it on another computer and it seems to work.

I've checked the levels I think everywhere and it all looks fine.

Any suggestions?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
No. I've gone through the tests and it doesn't work on Skype and when I check the audio device settings there is no movement of the little green bars.

I've changed nothing since the last podcast so can only assume it's either an update or something my kids did.

I need to fix it otherwise im done as podcast host.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Are there any software or drivers relating to the microphone? If so, try deleting it and then plugging the microphone in again and it should reinstall the drivers automatically.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Are there any software or drivers relating to the microphone? If so, try deleting it and then plugging the microphone in again and it should reinstall the drivers automatically.

Yeah, but first ensure you have the latest driver downloaded and available

It is also worth checking that the microphone is still working by plugging it into another machine, if working ....

Then delete the devise and driver

Re-boot and then plug the devise in and install the latest driver.

If that doesn't work see if you can find an earlier working version of the driver (check the details of the the working driver on the other machine), then continue the process

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Unless the computer is very old, it should just be plug and play.

I was connecting my headset to a different computer the other night for the podcast (I've been banished from the loungeroom for the podcast so my wife can watch TV so I'm now stuck on her little laptop). All I had to do was plug it in and it did everything itself to be able to work.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Don't listen to them Reg.
Turn it off then turn it back on again.
If that doesn't work,I'll stop my geeking and actually try and help you sometime after lunch........

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
thanks.

It works on a different computer.

I have rebooted.

I guess I gotta try the driver thing now then?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
gonna delete and try to reinstall, but as an FYI this is my issue:

No little green bars!

Capture.JPG

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Look in the system tray (expand it if you need to - next to the clock) for the Realtek Audio icon (circled). That should open the Realtek Audio Manager. Have a poke around in there - other testing tools available in that app suite that may override or conflict with Windows.

Attachments

• realtek.png
    realtek.png
    154.9 KB · Views: 316

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
As a sideline, I'm genuinely shocked that Gagger's spidey senses haven't been tingling to the point where he comes on here and points out the superiority of some form of Apple product.

Has anyone seen him alive lately?

;)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Oh he doesn't go into stores these days - been given honorary mobile branch status as part of his new role as a Jobsian Inquisitor.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I use a program called TeamViewer to maintain my fathers computer over the internet. I will send you a link and we can go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.