• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Technical help - OS X Safari

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)
Background
I use at work a Mac Pro tower at work, running the latest os and use Safari as my main browser. At home I have a MacBook Pro running the latest os and also use safari.

Problem
Mac at work has no problem with this forum, never has.
Mac at home won't let me make a post, or logout.

When I make a post it says;
The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.

When I try and logout it says;
An Error Has Occurred!
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

I've tried logging out at work and then signing in on home computer. I've reset cache etc on home computer and logged back in. I've brought my laptop into work and tried on the work network but still no dice.

Anyone have any ideas as to what may be the problem. Firefox doesn't have this problem, I may have to go back to using that.

Thanks for your help.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I use a Mac at home, PC at work (where I am now). Mac has both Safari and Firefox - I had probs with safari in the past with several fora (mainly non-rugby) and downloaded Firefox because of that. Usually run Firefox at home with no dramas. I was told it may have something to do with the cache and would be fixed by clearing the cache or resetting Safari. I think it did work, but I am used to Firefox now.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Firefox is a good solution, otherwise you could look at deleting your cookies and clearing the cache, not certain where this would be on the Mac, perhaps under Edit, Preferences

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)
Cheers guys, i cleared all cookies, caches and settings but still no luck.

Firefox it is.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Do you guys know sxipper? I love that. Of course, it means that you could break into my house and you be able to log into anything I belong to, including banking. BUt you might as well just grab the stereo and piss off.

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)
I've tried sxipper before, but if I'm not continually putting in my passwords I tend to forget them. I'm not always on my own computer so i need to remember them. Good add-on though.

Status
Not open for further replies.