• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Telegraphic Transfers, AUS to NZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'll spare people the whole story - it would give you a tumour but I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the fees associated with this.

Normally I order Rugby gear from NZ using a debit visa card but the one I use for Internet banking is lost in the jungle that is my bedroom. So, I decided to use a telegraphic transfer - holy hell I wish I hadnt now. The fees, the fees!

Anyhow, I sent my order to NZ & the BNZ took their fees out, problem is I had no idea what these fees were. My order ended up being short ($63.63 NZD I still have to send over).

I know what the fees are on the AUS end of things but what I'd like to know is what fees does the BNZ charge for a TT from Aus that totals $63.63 NZD?

I've emailed BNZ, they said I had to ring them. My phone does not do international calls. I may end up getting a new internet card, change my phone service, & bypass BNZ by calling the shop & paying direct but still I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I'm not sure if this helps but I still have a bank account in NZ that I transfer funds into via internet banking
As I understand it, my bank here charges me about $25 for the transfer and then my bank back home charges me about another $25.

Yeah....it's a rip-off.......

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
That's after they have they have raped you on the exchange rate from AUD to US, then they have another go when they convert from US to NZD.
Any other business, it would be illegal.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Thanks guys. I've checked it all out & I'm convinced the best option is to get a phone card so I can call Champs of NZ (currently trading as Champs of the World - very cheeky indeed, lol) & simply use a new direct debit visa card (which I'm ordering from the Greater). I've never experienced fees quite like the TT.

In the past I got my Saders shorts & Cantab head gear by sending a Fax but that seems to be less favoured now due to security risks. I did not cop any fees of any kind.

I did think about asking Telstra to enable international calls but that would lock Ma & I into a 24mth contract paying for something I'll only need every now & then. I think the phone card will be the go.

Bullrush the TT fee here was $40! God knows what BNZ charged.

Moses I may look further into Tranzfers in future if I lose my card again, it sounds better than what I'm doing this time around. Although I'm pretty keen to going back to using my card.

Kudos to G&GR, I got faster advice from you guys than I did from the bank :).

I just want my Saders jersey damn it! they are out of the finals - haven't I suffered enough! Oh wait, Rugby Championship, Wallabies, right that could be ugly too, but still - Wahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! (lol).

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
That's after they have they have raped you on the exchange rate from AUD to US, then they have another go when they convert from US to NZD.
Any other business, it would be illegal.

How retarded is that? Last time I ordered I paid in AUD using fax & no such fees were attached. Weird stuff.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
AS, am sure there's someone in Oz who would sell the Crusaders gear, perhaps ebay? Saves on bank fees etc.

With all the Kiwis living in Oz, there's gotta be someone out in Oz selling them!

If not, then there's a new business idea!

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Simple solution to aviod those fes AS: switch to supporting the Tahs, as they need all the help they can get. You may even get a job with the coaching staff!

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
I have seen Crusaders gear at Rebel Sport and Mick Simmons in Sydney this year. But that was at the beginning of the season. You could try to get them to special order it in for you from Adidas.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I have seen Crusaders gear at Rebel Sport and Mick Simmons in Sydney this year. But that was at the beginning of the season. You could try to get them to special order it in for you from Adidas.

Cheers Badger. I know about Mick Simmons. But as I worked it out it is cheaper to get it from NZ (as was my Sader shorts & Cantab head gear) - problem is that was using fax & sending my card details that way. This time I lost my internet card & so I used a different method, the TT, which I know now is not the go at all. I'm going to get the phone card, new banking card for internet & phone them to sort it out instead.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Cheers Badger. I know about Mick Simmons. But as I worked it out it is cheaper to get it from NZ (as was my Sader shorts & Cantab head gear) - problem is that was using fax & sending my card details that way. This time I lost my internet card & so I used a different method, the TT, which I know now is not the go at all. I'm going to get the phone card, new banking card for internet & phone them to sort it out instead.

No worries. A shame they don't accept Paypal.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just thought I wrap up this frustrating story with a happy ending.

Well I sorted out a phone card & a new banking card with no dramas. Rang Champs of NZ (sorry, of the world) around Tuesday this week to sort it out & sure enough my package has arrived today!

I am now in possession of the Saders jersey I have so wanted, medium is the perfect fit. The ladies at Champs of the World were so nice & knew how much of a pain it was for me doing the TT they sent me a couple of bonus items which they did not have to do (a light gym bag & rexona). I can't quite put my finger on it but there is just something not quite right about the gym bag, here it is.

Picture0003.jpg

Something tells me fellow Aussie G&GR members are not going to stand for this ;)

At least with the rexona I won't stink.

Happy days :D

Status
Not open for further replies.