1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tennis

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Schadenfreude, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Dismal Pillock Peter Sullivan (51)

The Federer Quarter Final

felt a bit sorry for the euro-burdock at the other end of the court. World #6? Yeah good one mate, well done but sorry pal we're ALL here to see The Fed.

Even your mum.

Every 50/50 net cord goes Fed's way.

Every line call challenge, he's proven right.

That's life, I suppose, when you're Roger Federer.

In the end it was like this:

[IMG]

vs this:

[IMG]
  2. Dismal Pillock Peter Sullivan (51)

watched Japan Open final, Kyrgios vs hello the wee euro burdock bloke again

[IMG]

Kyrgios does some batshit crazy things. Mid rally he’ll decide not to move his feet and just pat the ball across the net, anywhere will do. Unfortunately, the bloke at the other end is a professional tennis player who simply jogs over to the shit shot and smashes at back past him.

Almost felt sorry for the wee euro fella, his serve completely deserted him, struggling to get his fey little pygmy missives to even clear the net at times.
  3. Dismal Pillock Peter Sullivan (51)

From the sublime to the ridiculous..

I don't get it. He's CLEARLY tanked. Not just the suspicion of throwing the match. It is obviously what he's done. Isn't it opening him up to claims of match fixing? If everyone did that, you'd have clots ranked #200 with $1,200 career earnings who suspiciously tool around in brand new Ferraris..
    yourmatesam likes this.
  4. waiopehu oldboy Tim Horan (67)

Kyrgios continues to amaze: chooses not to have a coach & chooses to only train for ~15 min/ day yet still cracks the shits with the poor cnuts in his player's box when things don't go his way.

Instead of suggesting Kyrgios sit down with Lleyton & talk coaching, maybe Wally Masur himself should sit down with Kyrgios & suggest he fuck off & dig ditches or work in retail for a coupla years while he works out whether tennis really is his go. Or just fuck off & dig ditches or work in retail for a while longer & reflect on what he could have been had he not chosen to not have a coach & not chosen to only train for ~15 min/ day & crack the shits any time things don't go his way. WT fining him $US5K or whatever ain't gunna get through so maybe it's time for someone to be a little more direct.
    Dismal Pillock likes this.
  5. Dismal Pillock Peter Sullivan (51)

Kyrgios must have a few mill in the bank by now?

consistent with my brilliantly espoused theory from page1:
    Murray does the same, howling up at his poor old bloody mum up in the stands, mewling like a little toffee-nosed country club brat while Mum just sits there inscrutably, glacially composed, copping it.

Wish I'd seen Kyrgios ignominous exit match, sounded like great old fun and games.

Saw Tomic's game, good god that guy does not move his feet at all. Just lazy as hell
  6. I like to watch Simon Poidevin (60)

The prick earnt $80k for losing last night.
    So $5k fine is not an attitude changer..
    Tennis needs to suspend players, not fine them, if they wish to change behaviour.
  7. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

Kyrgios makes for compelling viewing. The TV audiences support that. The equal mix of brilliance and complete meltdown is a big part of that.

He seems like a guy who doesn't really like his job, but the pay is too good not to do it. It's not really an uncommon situation. The unusual part of it is that he's a professional tennis player and can maintain a top 20 world ranking despite his lack of application.

I don't think ATP are going to take any particularly strong action to try and get rid of Kyrgios. It isn't in their interests. Outside of the top few players in the world, he's probably the biggest drawcard the men's game has.
  8. waiopehu oldboy Tim Horan (67)

^^^^^^^^^^ for the Gen Y demographic, probably, but I'm (or was) Gen X so give me Monfils or Tsonga who provide all the OMG! & WTF? moments you get from NK but without the petulance & narcissism. Another troubling thing is that if he's like this at 21, what's he gunna be like at 25? Other than, hopefully, no longer on the circuit.
  9. waiopehu oldboy Tim Horan (67)

Having grown up watching Connors & McEnroe, Sampras & Agassi, I can't help but wonder WTF has happened to men's American tennis? Only two made the AO third round (& both lost) & there hasn't been an American #1 since Andy Roddick, I think.

Really, really enjoyed Zverev's win over Murray, not least 'cos it gives Federer a shot at going deeper into the comp (if he can first get past Nishikori, of course): I just wanna see him take one last Slam before retirement a la Agassi.
  10. Dismal Pillock Peter Sullivan (51)

Oh shit. Aussie Open starts next week. I don't watch any tennis during the year but for some reason seem to have oodles of free time when this thing comes on and I end up sitting there like a drongo watching the whole damn thing. Even half preggers russki chicks ranked #784 matched up against Jaqueline Forsythe-Clanger III of Monaco currently ranked #782 in all of Monaco.
  11. waiopehu oldboy Tim Horan (67)

^^^^^^^^^ in semi-related news the Tanker managed to not tank the Final of the Brisbane International, clearly saving his tanks for the Majors.
  12. Dismal Pillock Peter Sullivan (51)

yeah, watched some of that. Kyrgios looked the business. No fuckign around. Oh, except when he had a massive sook to the ump about the seppo's medical timeout. It was an obvious stall though. Poor seppo c**t. He was absolutely shit at tennis. Couldnt play at all. Fuck knows how he made the final. Shit shape, shit shots. Instead of snacking on a banana like all the cool kids do he was probably using his medical timeout to bolt around the concourse looking for a fucken McDonalds.
  13. waiopehu oldboy Tim Horan (67)

^^^^^^^ that's NK's problem tho, innit, looks the business until something goes slightly not his way at which point he starts throwing his toys. Surprised the Yank milking the med timeout didn't cause a meltdown, wayyyy too early to call it but maybe, just maybe, he's grown up a bit? Yeah, right.
  14. waiopehu oldboy Tim Horan (67)

15. Dismal Pillock Peter Sullivan (51)

[IMG]
  16. Dismal Pillock Peter Sullivan (51)

Day 1

some shady shit out on Court 17. Some Japanese bloke and a kraut - all you'd need was Joe Stalin in the umps chair and it'd be an axis of evil happy set - two sets all and they7d gone something liek 0-6, 6-0, 1-6, 6-1. How the fuck does that happen? Japanese bloke loses 4th set 1-6 then saunters off to take one of these shady as fuck "medical timeouts", comes back an hour later with a new shirt, new haircut, a manicure, a pedicure and clutching a dossier visibly entitled "How To Beat That Kraut C**t." Then he won the last set 6-1.

Nadal wiped the court with some poor Beutros Beutros bastard. Think I saw the confused vanquished git queueing up with the kids afterwards for Rafa's autograph.
  17. Inside Shoulder Nathan Sharpe (72)

I’d be holding my betting slips on that one Dismal. Ch 7 desperately pumping the tournament with no Williams sisters in the 2nd round for the first time in 20 years - makes you wonder how it is that super rugby cannot get a free to air gig in this country when you see how chicks’ tennis looks with drug cheat Sharapova the main interest.
    How come the kiwi interest in tennis- I assumed it was not played there.
  18. Dismal Pillock Peter Sullivan (51)

[IMG] day 2. Fat Guts Wawrinka laboured past some poor little refugee bastard, an absolute nobody even though the little bugger somehow hit about 20 million winners past fat Stan and his trailing moobies. Stan's backhand winners completed unsighted. He spent most of the match just patting the fucker back. Looked too hot, too disinterested and too fucken fat. Fuck knows how he won actuially. ps no way Fat Stan and his moobied arse only weighs 83 kegs. I'm 93 with pecs of steel and there's no fucken way he's lighter than me. no fucken way
  19. Dismal Pillock Peter Sullivan (51)

Aus Open back on. It was on last January too. It's almost like it's on every year.

poor Andy Murray. Chronic hip injury has reduced him to walking like he's recently shat his pants. And it's all getting a wee bit mushy back there.

Bundled out in the 1st round by a spanish waiter he'd ordinarily wipe the floor with. Looks like the end of the road. Still at least he went out like a champ. 5 sets, 4 hours. Pedro the spanish waiter should be embarrassed it took him that long. Muzza looked like he was at about 70%.

Muzza's mum in the stands looked vaguely terrifying. She looks like she talks with buzzards.