• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tennis

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Having grown up watching Connors & McEnroe, Sampras & Agassi, I can't help but wonder WTF has happened to men's American tennis? Only two made the AO third round (& both lost) & there hasn't been an American #1 since Andy Roddick, I think.

Really, really enjoyed Zverev's win over Murray, not least 'cos it gives Federer a shot at going deeper into the comp (if he can first get past Nishikori, of course): I just wanna see him take one last Slam before retirement a la Agassi.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^ in semi-related news the Tanker managed to not tank the Final of the Brisbane International, clearly saving his tanks for the Majors.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^ that's NK's problem tho, innit, looks the business until something goes slightly not his way at which point he starts throwing his toys. Surprised the Yank milking the med timeout didn't cause a meltdown, wayyyy too early to call it but maybe, just maybe, he's grown up a bit? Yeah, right.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I’d be holding my betting slips on that one Dismal. Ch 7 desperately pumping the tournament with no Williams sisters in the 2nd round for the first time in 20 years - makes you wonder how it is that super rugby cannot get a free to air gig in this country when you see how chicks’ tennis looks with drug cheat Sharapova the main interest.
How come the kiwi interest in tennis- I assumed it was not played there.

Status
Not open for further replies.