• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
You're probably all munted by now, but I just wanted to bash out a few words about 2011 and G&GR.

I think it's been another ripper year for the site as a whole. We've continued to grow, but in my opinion, not at the price of quality rugby discussion. That comes down to the people in the community - from the new posters to the old timers.

One thing I've come to learn is that a community like G&GR is dynamic - with contributors coming, going and changing, G&GR was different in 2010 than it was in 2011 and will be different again in 2012. If you've been around a while, this can make you feel that "it ain't what it was" - which is true; it isn't. That doesn't make it worse though, and I'd urge you to get stuck in and keep your voice heard. You would probably be surprised at the people we know for a fact read your posts.

Thank you to everyone for making it happen. For a site that runs on an oily rag, that's people doing a lot of work for free - so a big up to the Mods. There's a hell of a lot going on behind the scenes to keep the dribblers out and wrongheaded from lawyering up.

There are also a group of senior posters who've shown a lot of leadership over the year. Thanks as well - you know who you are.

Here's to 2012 - we may not always get what we want, we may not even get what we need, but just as long as we don't get what we deserve!

Gaggs & Moses

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yeah, I'd like to echo what Gagger and Moses said, and also acknowledge the mammoth effort from those two in growing this place, keeping it interesting and relevant, and also keeping it fun.
Because we all know rugby is deadly serious, and the passion shown by many on here is fantastic, but just like a real game, most of the time everyone shares a virtual pint after the talk. And sometimes we share more than a few real ones.
I'd also like to congratulate all the bloggers who make the front page a high quality read - previews, post-match reviews up in no time, statistical analyses, input from high-level coaches, video mash-ups and some great humor pieces. If you don't read the blog, you should.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Cheers Gagger, Moses and the G&GR behind the scenes team. I stumbled across G&GR in the last six months and I'm mighty pleased to have done so. It's been interesting going through the forums....may not agree with everything, but all food for thought. Look forward to logging on during 2012 and meeting some more of the people behind the avatars.

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
Thanks G&GR for what you are and what you have become. The fact that some 80 to 100 users, member and non-members alike, are logged on at any one time in the SH rugby off season really says something. I don't say much and rugby is not my sole focus in life but i still find myself logging on 2 or 3 times a day to escape from my very hectic schedule. Keep it coming guys. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.