• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Thats it Folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well not the best way to finish what was the year in Rugby going down to the Pom's
2014 Rugby is over.............
Well done Tahs on the Super Rugby GF. Well deserved and top season....
The year of the NRC, I loved the NRC and well done to BNE CITY.... Cracker night at the GF at Ballymore..
GNGR Podcast @rugbyreg Great season mate, and thanks for putting it together and to the guest speakers along with Dave and Huge, might get a call up in 2015 ;)
Mat and Mods of the forum, stunning season keeping this place under control.... Well Done....
To the twitter feeds and the Monday to Friday rugby news writers...Thanks for keeping us up to date....

And to everyone on the Forum, its been a long season..But its also been a good season for Aus Rugby

Merry Christmas and all to have safe EOYT what ever you get up to...
All keep fit in the off season to prepare for a massive WORLD CUP YEAR. Its going to be hudge...

Thanks all,
Biggsy.

I love Quade Cooper, there I said it again.......

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
Mat and Mods of the forum, stunning season keeping this place under control.. Well Done..

Spot on.

This is by far one of the best run rugby websites on the web. Great people on here, backed up by mods who aren't power hungry.

Upwards and onwards to 2015.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
And I hope all the doomsayers have a happy and safe holiday period too.

You've had a hard year, particularly the last month, death riding the Wallabies and claiming that we're utterly fucked come RWC2015.

So take some time to reflect on the year that was, have a festive beverage with that pile of shit sandwiches you seem to love so much, and remember to kick the cat at every opportunity.

You'll be happy* to know that you're wrong, and that I think you're all miserable c**ts.

* though maybe you won't be happy, because you seem to be incapable of it, you festering cretins.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
And I hope all the doomsayers have a happy and safe holiday period too.

You've had a hard year, particularly the last month, death riding the Wallabies and claiming that we're utterly fucked come RWC2015.

So take some time to reflect on the year that was, have a festive beverage with that pile of shit sandwiches you seem to love so much, and remember to kick the cat at every opportunity.

You'll be happy* to know that you're wrong, and that I think you're all miserable c**ts.

* though maybe you won't be happy, because you seem to be incapable of it, you festering cretins.

And to you all eternal optimists, I hope that you can continue to keep your heads in the sand and overlook the worst international season in years. While in some respects I am jealous of you c*nts, I prefer to be a realist.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I'm not an eternal optimist - I just understand that rugby isn't always couched in terms that revolve around my favourite players, coaches, or beliefs.

I would be happy right now if McKenzie was still the coach, for example, because as the game in Brisbane showed, we were moving ahead.

As it is, Cheika is in, and has to impose his requirements on a group of players he had little say in forming. But I know what he's capable of, and that gives me cause to believe we can improve dramatically in the next 8 months, even in the scrum.

In other words, I'M the realist.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Was this year really the worst year for international rugby?

Yeah we've lost three games straight and that is shit. And yes we lost to Argentina (also shit). But last year we lost to South Africa twice, England by roughly the same amount and didn't come close to NZ once (whereas this year we had a draw and were winning another at the 79 minute mark).

I don't like Cheika's team selections, but some of it could come good and the better options (Quade, different captain) might become even more difficult to ignore. It'll be great to have a bunch of guys back in the side too. I wonder how our scrum would have been against England with TPN or Stevie Moore fit and firing.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep, season has been good , to be honest I almost rugbied out, so hope everyone has great off season, and will no doubt chatting to all again next year. probably will give rugby sites etc a miss until new year.

Remember people, even though we all don't agree all the time, we almost all realise we follow the best sport there is, so I know you all really a good bunch that I would enjoy having a beer with! See ya next year!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I'm not an eternal optimist - I just understand that rugby isn't always couched in terms that revolve around my favourite players, coaches, or beliefs.

I would be happy right now if McKenzie was still the coach, for example, because as the game in Brisbane showed, we were moving ahead.

As it is, Cheika is in, and has to impose his requirements on a group of players he had little say in forming. But I know what he's capable of, and that gives me cause to believe we can improve dramatically in the next 8 months, even in the scrum.

In other words, I'M the realist.

Looking forward to your world of reality Pfitzy and I hope it comes about.

T

TOCC

Pococks locked himself onto a Excavator on a coal mine somewhere.

Fitting end to a shit sandwich season.

Ironically a company owned by former Wallaby Dan Crowley actually runs security at the mine site.

Status
Not open for further replies.