• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Awful Truth About The ARU's Financial Position

Status
Not open for further replies.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Its a shame that some can't accept this reality.

I absolutely accept it. But that doesn't mean I'm encouraged by a deal that demonstrates the game is losing ground in this country.

How can you not get that?

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Can someone please explain the details to me. One source says the ARU deal is going from 175m to 200m over 5 years. But I believed that the rights currently are 25m per year (125 over 5 years) and that they are going up to 35-40m (175-200). Which is correct? One looks like bad news one looks like good news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Can someone please explain the details to me. One source says the ARU deal is going from 175m to 200m over 5 years. But I believed that the rights currently are 25m per year (125 over 5 years) and that they are going up to 35-40m (175-200). Which is correct? One looks like bad news one looks like good news.

ummm - I can't see the difference in the 2 things you mention but I'm not an accountant

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
One is an increase from 125m to 175-200m the other is an increase from 175m to 200m

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Good old 2-G-League. Even their economics editor loves to put the boot into rugby.

1) Growden headline is "ARU 'could run out of cash' in 2015".

2) Greenwood refers to Growden as "one of the very best rugby writers in this country"

3) Greenwood then refers to Growden as "a good mate"

4) One sentence from the article says it all really - the AGM was "several months ago" - what there isn't a precise date Grumbles? FFS mate, it'll be on the internet somewhere. Surely one of the "numerous high-ranking sources" you spoke to would know the fucking DATE of the AGM OF THEIR FUCKING ORGANISATION???

Yeah financially we're struggling, but running out of money completely? Unlikely given the revenue involved.

But putting any stock in anything Growden says is broken clock territory. I don't see any of the provincial sides making similar dire predictionos, though the financial struggles are noted.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Growden's article uncovers nothing new that wasn't said at the time the ARU accounts were first published. Seems to be an old story that has been written to fill column space. Nothing new to see here. Move on.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Growdens in depth analysis....someone told something to someone else about something and I overheard a bit of what they were telling to another someone else.
He couldn't identify an unsustainable business model from his own analysis if it jumped up and kicked him in the arse.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Growdens in depth analysis..someone told something to someone else about something and I overheard a bit of what they were telling to another someone else.
He couldn't identify an unsustainable business model from his own analysis if it jumped up and kicked him in the arse.

Unless it was written on a pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.