1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Big V

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by RugbyReg, May 10, 2010.

1. yourmatesam Dick Tooth (41)

Day 5 and I'm still packing a couple of eggplants down there! Summer at the beach may be interesting!

EDIT - I shoudl clarify that I will not be wearing dick stickers to the beach!
    rugbysmartarse likes this.
  2. boyo Paul McLean (56)

Hey yourmatesam, how's it going now?
  3. yourmatesam Dick Tooth (41)

No problems boyo. All good, everything is back in full working order, I'm running again and holidays were a breeze. Back at work and loving it!
  4. p.Tah John Thornett (49)

I loved this thread back in 2010 and now it's becoming more real. Love the kids we have but that's enough. Had the referral pinned to the fridge for nearly 9 months.

What I've gleaned from this thread:
    - it's not fun but not too bad. It can't be as rough as actually giving birth.
    - listen to the doctors advice on recovery
    - think about freezing a sample because you don't know what may happen in the future

Question: trying to work out the best time to have it done. Need to work it around training which involves running. I'll obviously ask the urologist but in others experience how long do you wait until you can run again (~20km).

If you haven't done so, I recommend reading this thread from the start.
    Nusadan and yourmatesam like this.
  5. cyclopath Phil Waugh (73)

Well, I'm not THE urologist, but I am A urologist. I would counsel against running anything like 20km for at least a week but probably 2.
    My general advice to my patients is:-
    No heavy lifting / strenuous activity (running, cycling(esp), weights etc.) for the first week then ease into it. IF there is any bruising or swelling, make it 2 weeks to be safe. Don't swim for 2-3 weeks to be safe so the sutures don't dissolve prematurely.
    First 2 days - stay off your feet as much as possible, ice (pack of peas) every 2 hours or so for 15 mins to minimise swelling / bruising.
    I've done LOTS of these and I have not had any of the horror stories listed in this thread, touch wood (so to speak!). But I am very specific about all this stuff with all my patients.
    Hope it all goes well.
    yourmatesam, p.Tah and Dismal Pillock like this.
  6. RugbyReg Stirling Mortlock (74)

Hate to say it but I haven't been able to run 20km since my snip.

Wasn't able to run that far before in fairness.
  7. Dismal Pillock Greg Davis (50)

oh sure blame the cock not the gut

i reckon cyclo's got a cock blog somehwere on the internet
  8. cyclopath Phil Waugh (73)

If I did, I reckon it would not be a patch on yours.
  9. Dismal Pillock Greg Davis (50)

NOT A HOPE IN HELL.

Thank you for your kind words. Takes a brave man in the cock blogosphere to admit defeat. Particularly one with so much cock access, one who’s dark room is so awash with cock.
    The_Brown_Hornet and yourmatesam like this.
  10. p.Tah John Thornett (49)

Thank you. That's very helpful.
    Do I owe you $600 for the guidance?
  11. cyclopath Phil Waugh (73)

Nah, it's free for forum members. ;)
    Except Dismal Pillock. Being an Internet construct, I wouldn't know where to find his vas deferens.
    The Honey Badger and p.Tah like this.
  12. p.Tah John Thornett (49)

Got on the bus to come home from work this evening. The bus was going to be full and I was conscious of the issue of 'man spreading' on public transport. So as I sat down I kept my legs together. Now I'm not sure how I managed it but I sat on my balls. Fuck it hurt and there may have been an audible whimper and some deep breathing which possibly concerned the lady sitting next to me.

Upshot is im pretty certain I don't need a vasectomy now.
    Dismal Pillock and Sully like this.
  13. Dismal Pillock Greg Davis (50)

Sorry, don’t know who these new Currie Cup players are.
  14. cyclopath Phil Waugh (73)

He's an elusive guy, hard to grab a hold of sometimes.
    Dismal Pillock and yourmatesam like this.
  15. The Honey Badger Peter Fenwicke (45)

Don't do it, you will never be the same.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk
  16. p.Tah John Thornett (49)

Yep, that's the last time I catch the bus ;)
  17. cyclopath Phil Waugh (73)

OK, I'm going to address the elephant in the room - at your age, how are your nuts hanging so low that you can sit on them?
    Dismal Pillock and yourmatesam like this.
  18. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

I'm assuming p.Tah was dancing down the bus re-enacting the scene in Silence of the Lambs where Buffalo Bill dances naked pretending to be a woman and then sat down sharply with his legs still pressed tightly together.
    Dismal Pillock, p.Tah and cyclopath like this.
  19. The Honey Badger Peter Fenwicke (45)

Apparently, Ptah is a regular in the hot sauna and was very relaxed on that particular day.

Coupled with his bad decision to wear a very old pair of white Y fronts that should have been converted to a dusting cloth last century.

It was always a recipe for disaster.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk
    Dismal Pillock and p.Tah like this.
  20. p.Tah John Thornett (49)

When I'm doing chin ups at the gym I have to tie the weights to something.

I really don't know how it happened, they're not normally there. Each time I try to explain it, I delete it because it just sounds worse. Let's just put it down to freak accident and I never wearing my S&M outfit on public transport again.

Main thing is I can now never attend G&GR Xmas drinks and use this name.