• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Brumbies' Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spook

cyclopath said:
I wonder whether Turner and / or Barnes spotted Mafi struggling and called the play. I admit this is ascribing a bit too much cleverness and creativity to the Tahs backs, so I'm not 100% sure about it! :lmao:

It was a great kick and finish. Nearly killed me though.

S

Spook

matty_k said:
@Spook I think it happened in the previous play but everything I have read hasn't been too clear on the time line.

It was very well executed try but it was unlucky for the Brumbies to have Mafi hobbling after the ball.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Spook said:
Yes they're shit but you have to admit the Tahs are equally shit as well.

Look at the competition points scoreboard. Waratahs 34, Bumbles 27. Tahs 7 wins, Bumbles 6 wins. Tahs 5 BPs, Bumbles 3 BPs.

Tahs have played some excellent rugby this year; Bumbles have played none.

"Equally shit"? I think not.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Equally shit on the night though, definitely. But that's your local derby for you. The Tahs have given every other Aussie side a bonus point this year, but they still beat them.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Spook said:
You are were also a staunch supporter of Andy Friend. Changed your tune?

No, he is an excellent coach with an outstanding record. The hallmark of all teams he has coached has been outstanding set pieces and breakdowns.

The Bumbles were playing terrific rugby at the end of the last S14. They have added Kid Dunglemite and Rocky and are shit. Why?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I keep hearing about team meeting to discuss this or that and wonder if they are being coached by committee and we all know what that leads to. Mayhem.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
disco said:
Poorly coached, their game plan sucks & the general skill set of the Brumbies backs is poor they never throw a pass out in front of the runner.

Pat McCabe & AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) have bee really good this season but other than those two nobody has really stood up in the backline.

The forwards are very good the seem to spend a lot of time in the opposition 22 but without putting on the points.

Very true - when the teams leading try scorer is a prop, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out there is a problem with the backline! McCabe looks good with ball in hand, hits the line hard from what little I have seen of him.

G

GC

Brumbies almost never counter attack (except for some McCabe runs), just aimless kicks mainly from AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). The forwards don't truck it up enough before going to the backs, letting the opp defense sort them out easily. The backs can't pass.

Comes down to poor coaching IMO.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Midfield was supposed to be Gits and Mortlock with one of the two young guns apprenticing. This to me was still too light in midfield, hence we see Wallaby-itis.

Nevertheless, all of those bar Giteau are crocked, and Giteau is having a shocking season, despite Wazimba's delusions. T Smith has no chance with Giteau pulling the whole cover defence across onto him. If Hoiles could cut out pass directly to AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) there might be a chance.....

To FPs point, why would you then not play tight? Hoiles and Elsom are both wide players ( :sharpe:) Hand and Chis cant make the hard yards (without knocking it on) and super George has had his once in a decade injury. The only tight runners are Alexander and Moore, both of whom are invaluable.

So, injuries in the wrong players at the wrong times? Yes.

Key players not stepping up? Yes

Coaches not putting gameplans together the team can play to and making recruitment mistakes? Yes

Put those three together and you get the abortions we've been watching from the Brumbies. They actually managed to suck the Tahs down to their level this week.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Gagger said:
Put those three together and you get the abortions we've been watching from the Brumbies. They actually managed to suck the Tahs down to their level this week.

Good post Gaggs but that works both ways. It was a race to the bottom. Maybe these guys are good skiers.

The thing is: sometimes the Tahs can play up, and I'm not talking about Mad Monday. For Tahs fans it is our fondest hope.

W

Wazimba2K

Wazimba2K said:
:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

How dare you write us off! You better take that back ASAP!

When Larkham switched from 15 to 10, he was an instantaneous success. But he was sorrounded by experienced players who played the regular season in their respective positions.

This is our first season as a team of champions. And while it may take us time to become a champion team, we can do it. We can still make the play-off's by the way. If we win against the Reds and Highlanders and the Crusaders and Stormers lose their next two games, we have a chance.

As mighty as we may be, we do have an injury plague that always seems to gloom and doom our season.

You are misguided. All hail Gits when he shines and screw him when he has a tough game. I blame Dingo for letting Mark Gerrard go! Our season would have been different I believe!

:nono :nono :nono

Cheer for the Reds next week if you want to but I will remain loyal while I wish the Reds all the best this season!

At the end, it takes a while for cohesion to begin.

I would love to lay you out but I bet that Scarf wearing S.O.B might censor me for life! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

The silence of the haters lingers in the air as we the Brumbies head for the Encore. Next time you pee, please sit on the toilet bowl! We are not to be written-Off!

Status
Not open for further replies.