• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Death of the Props

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
So this isnt about Al Baxters imminent retirement?
It might be part of a great conspiricy to inflate a new contract for Al, next he will announce his comeback with interest from League, then he will be looking at AFL and to complete his million dollar payday he will have an interest in becoming an NFL punter

D

daz

I'm the second to admit I am no expert, but from what I can see with my eyes, there is no scrum in league. Not one that means anything, anyway.

Any bloke looking for a career in league who weighs 110-120Kgs and can run 3 paces in a straight line before going to ground, plus smash the opposition backwards at the stoppages, would do well to look at the green grass of rugby instead....

T

TheNextBigThing

This can only be a good thing for rugby, more big units to choose from.

Notsomuch, the big units in Rugby have to have specialized knowledge that requires year of training and a vastly different mindset. So I can't see marginalized bigmen from league having any hope whatsoever of making it in Union.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
It was one of Queensland's big men, Matt Scott, who made the extra few metres in the final minutes of the game to give space and momentum to Thurston and Lockyer to set up Slater's game-winning try.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It was one of Queensland's big men, Matt Scott, who made the extra few metres in the final minutes of the game to give space and momentum to Thurston and Lockyer to set up Slater's game-winning try.

It was actually Ennis' fucking pathetic kick on the 4th tackle. But I digress...

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
The league props are only weighing in at 105 - 110 kgs. They don't have the same size and shape as a prop in union, the codes have diverged heavily in this department. A league prop would possibly be useful as a line bending centre or a loose forward if they could keep moving all game. Otherwise I cannot see where you would place someone like Civinoceva, King, Shillington et al in a union team.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
The league props are only weighing in at 105 - 110 kgs. They don't have the same size and shape as a prop in union, the codes have diverged heavily in this department. A league prop would possibly be useful as a line bending centre or a loose forward if they could keep moving all game. Otherwise I cannot see where you would place someone like Civinoceva, King, Shillington et al in a union team.

"The Rear Admiral", as Roy and HG used to call him, would be handy in the second row in Rugby. But he runs too high, like nearly all leaguies.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
I hear Al baxter is part of the package of people that Sonny Bill Williams and Quade Cooper are going to sign together with the new 2nd brisbane mungo side, along with that guy SBW boxed last week....

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)

Dave Taylor and Higginbotham would make a huge centre pairing

Status
Not open for further replies.