• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The defence of Matt Giteau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Ok, i've snapped.

I've had enough of this shit about Giteau being useless, a crab, an overpaid/overrated twat who's achieved nothing in his career, etc etc.

Time for someone to object to all this slandering. Not even two years ago, everyone was claiming him to be Dan Carter's only competition for the World XV 's 10 jersey. He's played 90 odd games for Australia, and given his all.

He's had one 'bad' year in his career, last year. And he was hardly terrible, he just wasn't as prominent as he has been in the past.

Its remarkable how quickly public opinion changes. So sod it, i'll defend him. And i'm calling it now, he'll have a big year for the Brumbies. Having Bernie back is going to significantly lift his mood, along with more responsibility as vice-captain.

Go Gits!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
When I saw the thread title, I was about to post how I thought he actually tackled pretty well...;)
[video=youtube;pUXxyJKAJWc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUXxyJKAJWc[/video]

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
So you're defend this, a bloke whose main concern with accepting a multi-million dollar contract in Perth was leaving his hairdresser in Canberra.

He is the Michael Clarke of rugby. Loads of talent, no form, and to an outsider he appears to have an inflated sense of entitlement.

[image]Matt Giteau - Spunky.jpg|Shot, Dale|thumb|left[/image] [image]Matt Giteau.jpg|First dump of the day|thumb|left[/image] [image]Giteau with his dog 2.jpg|Woof|thumb|left[/image] [image]Giteau with his dog 3.jpg|Woof|thumb|left[/image]

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
His form hasn't warranted a start in the 15 although I think he is a great bench option for the Wallabies, my biggest beef with Giteau is that there always seems to be a rift in the camp when things aren't going his way.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I have no real opinion of Gits as a bloke, I don't know him. I do, however, have an opinion of him as a footballer and it is that I don't believe he's in the best 15 players we can put out on the paddock at present. Matt has been able to get picked in the team based on past glories and reputation for at least 12 months now and IMHO failed to deliver. He has, once again in my opinion, stifled the Wallabies attack by being far too lateral and cutting down the space available for the blokes outside him.

Berrick, on the other hand, has provided the steady hand that QC (Quade Cooper) needs, has brought other guys into the game through sympathetic and accurate passing and has defended grandly. He thoroughly deserves his place in the team right now and the challenge for Gits is win it back. If he does, it will be because he's played some sparkling footy during the S15. We'll all be the winners if that were to be the case.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
This thread was always headed for lousy irony

Just wished Git's talent had converted. Bet he does too. He's been here through a relatively shithouse period for the Wallabies and suffered positionally, and no doubt confidence wise as well.

If he'd been 18-20 over the last coupla years I reckon we'd be looking at a different player down the line.

Reactions: Ash

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
my main issue is with his hair...
fantastic player thou and an in form gits is amongst the best in the world>

W

WB3

I agreed with TBH though I thought I'd add that while its his constant selection (unwarranted on form) annoys me no end, most of us would love him to have a big year and return to his best. His experience could be an asset to the team in the RWC.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I think he has struggled since returning to the Brumbies (he was good at 10 for the Force and at 12 before that outside Larkham), he just needs to run straight, kick his goals, play unselfishly and if he plays 10 - play o the advantage line.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
cyclo - thank you for that video. I've been drinking heavily and now I'm freaking out. Quick - lock the door, The Crabs! The Crabs!

All the video doesn't show is The Crab offloading to his centre 1 metre from touch. What's weird is that Deans would keep picking him. If it was me, I'd be like: "If you keep running sideways I'm going to have to drop you" then I would drop him. Why isn't Deans drawing the line in the sand at the bottom of the ocean? Aaargh, The Crabs again!

C

chriss555

Agree Brumbieman 100%
IMO havin good form comes from your coach believing in you !!!! """ Gits played outstanding for the Baba`s 2010 end of year game against the Bok`s ..... nothing wrong with his form then. Back end of the 2010 super 14 games, played awesome the Reds/Brumbies game Gits was on fire he made Cooper look very average. Brumbies then had a chance to make super 14 2010 top 4 just needed to beat the crusaders and what does Friend do, yep bring Toomu back in at 10 and Gits back to 12....game over crusaders win easily... Gits needs to play 10, he is world class.... IMO the AB`s fear Gits playin 10...

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
[video=youtube;wtatXHRPAPE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtatXHRPAPE[/video]

Seriously though Gitts deserves a spot in the Wallaby 22, not in the 15 though.

Hopefully he'll rectify his poor attacking form either this year or over time, his defense is burly for a man his size).

After all he could realistically still be in the World Cup fold come 2015.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Brumbieman gits is always to blame for everything. People just hate him.
QC (Quade Cooper), Genia, Drew Mitchell, Benn Robinson, Mumm, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), all had prettty forgettable years in the green and gold but still it's gits they bitch about. And always will.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Agree Brumbieman 100%
IMO havin good form comes from your coach believing in you !!!! """ Gits played outstanding for the Baba`s 2010 end of year game against the Bok`s ..... nothing wrong with his form then. Back end of the 2010 super 14 games, played awesome the Reds/Brumbies game Gits was on fire he made Cooper look very average. Brumbies then had a chance to make super 14 2010 top 4 just needed to beat the crusaders and what does Friend do, yep bring Toomu back in at 10 and Gits back to 12....game over crusaders win easily... Gits needs to play 10, he is world class.... IMO the AB`s fear Gits playin 10...

He did OK in a Baa Baa match at 10

You blame Touma playing at 10 for the Brumbies not beating the Crusaders

I think you have highlighted the issue, Gits these needs the team to revolve around him

How does this equate with Gits playing second fiddle to Cooper?

He ain't going to replace Cooper

It does highlight why Barnes may have gone better at 12 for the Wallabies than Gits, Barnes is more prepared to play a supporting role within the team

Status
Not open for further replies.