• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Embroidered Wallaby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
Back when Nick Farr Jones played, and the Wallabies had proper Wallaby Gold Jerseys, they also had this really classy embroidered Wallaby Emblem on their Jersey, as opposed to the current 'logo'...

Whatever actually happened to that - it was excellent i.m.h.o....

(and don't tell me 'it was replaced' i have already worked that out!) - I'm mostly wondering if anyone knows the true facts as to why?

T

TOCC

The Wallaby emblem you are referring to only had a short existence, It seems to have first appeared at the 1991 RWC, Wallabies jerseys didn't feature it in 1990 and it certainly wasn't on the Wallabies 1984 Grand Slam jerseys, the logo had disappeared from the jerseys by the 1995 RWC with the new logo taking effect from 1996 onwards.

1984:
B1e8FsrCQAIpuPK.jpg

campese-farr-jones.jpg

1994:
imageResize.ashx

1995:
24614.2.jpg

1996:
1221223166.jpg

Jellic87

Chris McKivat (8)
I must say the 1991 is my favorite, i love that Wallaby emblem you're talking about. Very classy, and i wish it had lasted longer (i wish it was still used!).

Status
Not open for further replies.