• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Gold Brigade

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
This doesn't have a thread anywhere I can find, so creating one here.

The ARU seemed to have backed the creation of a supporter group called the gold brigade, which I approve of.

There Facebook is here: https://www.facebook.com/TheGoldBrigade?fref=photo

Be sure to chuck them a like and like the stuff they post. Tell yer mates as well.

Meantime Sydneysiders, buy up those supporter bay tickets to Saturday's game and go to the tailgate party.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Definitely Barbo. Also group bookings with the mates - get rowdy.

Persons caught demonstrating social behaviour to be evicted

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
More details from the front page:

Wallaby France Test match

There are 750 tickets available in a dedicated supporters bay for the final test match against the French in Sydney.

Bring your mates, wear your brightest Gold and join the Brigade on game day at the Gold Brigade tailgate party in Moore Park. Help them form an army as they march as one into the stadium shortly before kick off.

Tickets are just $49

Book your tickets here: http://bit.ly/1joSaGk with the password: GOWALLABIES

Includes entry into the Moore Park Tailgate party from midday

Once you’ve booked your tickets, post of photo of it onto the Gold Brigade Facebook page and you will go into the draw to win 2 signed rugby balls.

One is signed by all the captains of all of the world 7s team.

And the other is signed by the Lions team.

Like their Facebook page to stay up to date with personal messages from Wallabies and Wallaby Coaching staff

Gold Brigade Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TheGoldBrigade -

Twitter: https://twitter.com/GoldBrigade

Instagram: The Gold Brigade

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Solid move by all involved to set this up.

Also a solid move to make sure all stakeholders are involved. It has the backing of the ARU & thus by extension FoxSports, but the organic connection to the community via this site which is great.

They appear to have labelled the supporters section the 'Gold Mine' which I think is brilliant, bring it on.

Does anyone with some kind of inside knowledge know if they will do this at the bledisloe? it would be brilliant and definitely take the atmosphere up a few notches

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
The Wallabies were doing a signing in Asics shop in QVB building in Sydney CBD this lunchtime. I only heard about it because my mate walked past and saw the players, there was no one in there but a couple of cranky players (Beale, Cummins, White, Kurindrani).

Why the ARU thought password protecting the fan section tickets would be a good idea is beyond me, the fans section is a step in the right direction but it needs far more exposure and no password protection. Maybe letting people know the Wallabies would be in town, and at maybe more kid friendly time would help as well.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The Wallabies were doing a signing in Asics shop in QVB building in Sydney CBD this lunchtime. I only heard about it because my mate walked past and saw the players, there was no one in there but a couple of cranky players (Beale, Cummins, White, Kurindrani).

Why the ARU thought password protecting the fan section tickets would be a good idea is beyond me, the fans section is a step in the right direction but it needs far more exposure and no password protection. Maybe letting people know the Wallabies would be in town, and at maybe more kid friendly time would help as well.

You need to get yourself all over the Wallabies & ASICS Social media feeds. There was a bit fair bit about the GoldBrigade code and the ASICS shop appearance on Facebook , twitter & instagram but you need to following it pretty closely.

I don't mind the supporter section being locked off by a password handed out to Wallabies fans as the last thing you'd want is to rock up to the "Gold Mine" at the Bledisloe and find a large number of Kiwis had bought tickets in it.

But for future years, I hope they send that password out at the same time as the ticket presale info as many "hardcore" Wallabies fans buy their tickets on day 1 of the presale.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
You need to get yourself all over the Wallabies & ASICS Social media feeds. There was a bit fair bit about the GoldBrigade code and the ASICS shop appearance on Facebook , twitter & instagram but you need to following it pretty closely.

I don't mind the supporter section being locked off by a password handed out to Wallabies fans as the last thing you'd want is to rock up to the "Gold Mine" at the Bledisloe and find a large number of Kiwis had bought tickets in it.

Ah fair enough I follow the Wallabies on Facebook but didn't see anything about it, my mate follows them on Twitter as well and he didn't know anything either. Maybe they should be getting the Super franchises and local rugby clubs to spread the word as well.

I see your point but a quick google search unlocks the password. Maybe they should follow other sports lead and have a Wallabies area and at the far side have a NZ area.

Melbourne Terrace

Darby Loudon (17)
ARU pushed = geeez

There was a push by supporters with experience to do this exact sort of thing two years ago with a plan to build real home support for the team and engaging new fans from across the rugby community, but the smart lads ARU thought "spirit hoods" and gold jumpsuits were the way to build atmosphere and told them to go away. Now they realise how much it's needed when Australia get out supported at home, they get desperate and push this thing. Judging by that facebook page and the similar effort from the FFA and the abortion that was "Terrace Australis", it's looking pretty awful, possibly worse than those childish "cheersquads" in the AFL and NRL.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Perhaps some credit is due to the considerable lobbying that some have done on these threads.

Maybe the "survivors" at HQ ARU have acted on our suggestions.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
@matty_k Yep. Sully, Moses, Gagger and I will be there from about 12-12.15. We'll be in gold! :p

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
It's a good set up. They've linked up with a group called Moore Park Tailgate or Tailgate Moore Park. Great food, okay beers and good atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.