1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Gold Brigade

Discussion in 'The Gold Brigade - Wallabies Supporters Group' started by spikhaza, Jun 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cpt Crow Eater Chris McKivat (8)

Numbers? Success?

Can anyone full us in on the 'Gold Mine' during the game?
  2. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

So our group ended up in the Gold Brigade by accident. We bought some cheap tickets months ago and then when we got there we were in row 4 of the Gold Brigade, just behind the organisers.

It's impossible to know how many people sitting in that bay had purchased their tickets expecting to be in the Gold Brigade but certainly there weren't many people making the sort of noise that would indicate that.

The people organising it tried to get one chant going early in the game but it was a bit of a failure. The guy started trying to talk to people nearby asking them to join in a chant but before he could get started, some French people nearby started cheering and then we started cheering WALLABIES over the top.

If you want this sort of thing to work, you need a core group of noisy people who are willing to lead the cheering and get everyone involved because it is entertaining and compelling to those sitting nearby. They were at least four Pfitzy's short of the kind of cheer squad they needed to get some consistent noise happening.
  3. Hugh Jarse Rocky Elsom (76)

New unit of measure for crowd support - the Pfitzy (Pf):

What is the definition of is 1 Pfitzy of crowd support, and what is used to measure a Pf? A Pfoffometer?
  4. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

I should point out that I've never seen Pfitzy in action at a game.

His FIGJAM rating is very impressive though.
  5. cyclopath Phil Waugh (73)

I think he calls it an Awesometer. Apparently it goes to 11.
    Hugh Jarse likes this.
  6. Badger Bill McLean (32)

He's on the go for the full 80.
    Pfitzy likes this.
  7. mark_s Chilla Wilson (44)

Where was the gold brigade? North end? I didnt notice them there.
  8. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

It was 4 people in Bay 21 (north west corner of the field).
  9. Tangawizi Peter Fenwicke (45)

If this was going to get any real traction there needs to be a designated "Gold Brigade" bay on sale for the Bledisloe today. But there is not.
    Richo likes this.
  10. Richo John Thornett (49)

I was with BH81 in the "Gold Brigade" area in Bay21 and, ummm, it was extremely lame.

If something like this is going to work, however, you need to stick with it AND have some very charismatic, big personalities leading the show. It might even be worth having gold t-shirts on every seat, NBA-style.
  11. Tangawizi Peter Fenwicke (45)

I reckon a group GAGR booking would probably be more effective than that.

The old Bundy Rum sections looked pretty good on TV. Ideally someone at Lion Nathan would grab hold of that concept and establish a "Hahn Super Dry 3.5" section or something like that. It's even got a gold logo on the beer.
  12. Tangawizi Peter Fenwicke (45)

Could be a bit of movement on the Gold Brigade front actually. A follow up to this tweet suggest these shirts have a distinct "Aussie" feel

13. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

Sean Maloney was down with the Gold Brigade at the start of the game last Saturday.
  14. Tangawizi Peter Fenwicke (45)

So looks like you will get a Shirt with your Gold Brigade ticket for the Bledisloe. Found this on Facebook that was posted 4 weeks ago

15. Tangawizi Peter Fenwicke (45)

Is an official announcement confirming the above now. It all sounds pretty bloody good to me.

16. Tangawizi Peter Fenwicke (45)

Gold Brigade Bledisloe Ticket Packages Now Available. $89 including shirt and pregame entertainment.

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?pp=QMMBR&sh=WALLNEWZ14&ep=FANGROUP

Get your tickets now!!!
    Come, have fun and join the Gold Brigade, a supporters group for passionate Wallaby fans, made by the fans.
    We have our own designated supporters section behind the goal posts and all members of the Gold Brigade will receive an exclusive Gold Brigade T-shirt on the night to show your support.
    You can purchase up to 20 tickets in a transaction so get your family and friends together for a night of fun with the Gold Brigade and support the Qantas Wallabies!
    Follow this link (no password required):
    http://bit.ly/1pDfeKP
    We look forward to seeing you on the 16th!!!
    The Gold Brigade Team
  17. Richo John Thornett (49)

Great to see them persist with it. Hopefully it comes together for the Bled.
  18. Tangawizi Peter Fenwicke (45)

Further and better developments on the Gold Brigade front. A dedicated Fox Sports TV show about it. Starting next week - Tuesday night 7pm.

So the big question for all of us here is - "How do we manage to make our mothers proud and get our scones on the Tele?"

19. thenomad Frank Row (1)

For the worst seats in the stadium $89 + booking fees. Is the reason why people stay away.
    You seem to be only targeting your existing fan/participant base.

Finally does your leadership core understand the key logistics to making this work in the stadium? E.g. Acoustics, visuals, engaging the punters, song list.etc
  20. Pfitzy John Eales (66)

I've had the gyroscopes tinkered with and the driveshaft lengthened - after recalibration the ratio is:

1Pf : 17.3A

Where
    Pf = Pfitzy
    A = Average rugby supporter

In any case, I'm fashionably late to this thread, because I wanted to suss out this Gold Brigade thing and the Waratahs' progress.

Everything appears to be proceeding at a rate that could do with a shot in the arm distilled from rum, the sweat of several dancing girls of questionable morals, and a pinch of front rower know-how and sheer obstinacy.

To use the most hated management phrase ever, I'm going to look at the synergies and help find ways to weld this thing together.

The really fucking awesome news for all of you is that my City 2 Surf run is the week before, so I'm off the chain as far as sinking piss goes.

I can't promise you victory, but there will be hard work.

I can't give you personal profile, only that this carries the risk of public embarrassment.

I can't even be certain that you'll be heard in that cavernous stadium by anyone but The Gold Brigade.

But by FUCK will I can guarantee that you won't be the loudest, most embarrassing bastard there.

Because that title belongs to me.

NOW WHO IS WITH ME?
    Tomikin and Braveheart81 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.