• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Gold Brigade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Spotted in The Gold Mine. A banner reading "Sir Richie listens to Nickelback". What's wrong with Nickelback?

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think it goes back to the thing on Facebook where a link tells you to "Unfriend these people immediately" and if you click it, it brings up a list of your friends who've "liked" Nickelback.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
DANNY CIPRIANI.jpg

It seems that Sir Richie is in exalted musical appreciation company. A Kiwi fan having outed another Nickelback fan during the 1st test against the Poms in June.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
They need a more effective chant... I hate to say it, but a prosaic song about a suicidal thief just doesn't generate the sort of 'cauldron' like atmosphere you want to intimidate teams.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
They need a more effective chant. I hate to say it, but a prosaic song about a suicidal thief just doesn't generate the sort of 'cauldron' like atmosphere you want to intimidate teams.

its the way its done. You could call "You'll never walk alone" prosaic, but you'd never suggest that if you heard it sung at a Liverpool game.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
So tickets for the Gold Brigade are on Sale for the Argentina Test now and unlike for the Bledisloe, these are coming up on the 22m mark - Section 20.

So it seems like a pretty awesome deal to me which I would be all over apart from the fact I bought my seats 3 months ago....

But at $45 for a sideline ticket and t-shirt, if there are any Brisbane based fans out there who were holding off buying tickets to the match, now is the time to get on the Ticketek website.

Get into the Gold Mine on the Gold Coast!!!
Sat 13 Sep 2014

http://bit.ly/1nQTyEP
Password is FANGROUP
Adult $44.86
Concession $30.58
Junior (4-16 Years Inc) $24.47
Family (2A+2J or 1A+3J) $89.72

If you need flights or accommodation Holidays on Sale can help you out!
http://www.holidaysonsale.com.au/web/view/23005/departureID:2
Gold Coast Package

1 night’s accommodation Watermark Surfers Paradise
Pre game function at the Watermark
Return exclusive Gold Brigade coach transfers from hotel to CBUS Stadium
$109.00 per person twin share
$169.00 single
Wallabies Gold Coast Seating Map.gif

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Where will the "main" TV cameras at CBUS be?
Do they set up with them on the West looking into the East Stands, where they may capture Gold Brigade action in sect 20?

BTW, that is a pretty good price for Gold Brigade tickets.

Gareth Cornish

Frank Row (1)
This doesn't have a thread anywhere I can find, so creating one here.

The ARU seemed to have backed the creation of a supporter group called the gold brigade, which I approve of.

There Facebook is here: https://www.facebook.com/TheGoldBrigade?fref=photo

Be sure to chuck them a like and like the stuff they post. Tell yer mates as well.

Meantime Sydneysiders, buy up those supporter bay tickets to Saturday's game and go to the tailgate party.

Anyone know if there is a west australian arm of the Gold Brigade yet.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
There is now a Gold Brigade section on sale for the Brisbane Bledisloe.

Password again is FANGROUP. Adult is $90.74 which is Category D price & you get the shirt.

No announcements re prematch boozing yet but sure there will be.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It's back.

From the ARU:
"Also returning in 2015 is Qantas Wallabies fan group, The Gold Brigade. Following last year’s success which saw over 2,000 fans sat together in designated supporter bays showcasing their passion for the national team, The Gold Brigade will light up both Sydney and Brisbane Tests.

This year, ticket buyers will receive a Gold Brigade Supporters Pack including a T-shirt plus access to pre and post-event activities. If you’re a passionate fan who wants to get loud and colourful during the Tests, make sure you select the Gold Brigade as your seating option!"

Gold Brigade tickets in BrisVegas will be $89 for the Sefrika game, and $109 in Sydney for the Bledisloe Cup match against The Darkness.

Tickets go on sale:
Wallaby 1st Members – Monday, 13 April at 9am AEST
Super Rugby Club Members – Tuesday, 5 May at 9am AEST
Rugby Community – Monday, 25 May at 9am AEST
General Public – Thursday, 11 June at 9am AEST

Melbourne Terrace

Darby Loudon (17)
It's back.

From the ARU:
"Also returning in 2015 is Qantas Wallabies fan group, The Gold Brigade. Following last year’s success which saw over 2,000 fans sat together in designated supporter bays showcasing their passion for the national team, The Gold Brigade will light up both Sydney and Brisbane Tests.

This year, ticket buyers will receive a Gold Brigade Supporters Pack including a T-shirt plus access to pre and post-event activities. If you’re a passionate fan who wants to get loud and colourful during the Tests, make sure you select the Gold Brigade as your seating option!"

Gold Brigade tickets in BrisVegas will be $89 for the Sefrika game, and $109 in Sydney for the Bledisloe Cup match against The Darkness.

Tickets go on sale:
Wallaby 1st Members – Monday, 13 April at 9am AEST
Super Rugby Club Members – Tuesday, 5 May at 9am AEST
Rugby Community – Monday, 25 May at 9am AEST
General Public – Thursday, 11 June at 9am AEST

In what way was it a success? It was just as quiet and boring as every other year, all it meant was all the flogs got put together.

Status
Not open for further replies.