1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The impact of South African politics on rugby

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gnostic, Jul 27, 2011.

1. PaarlBok Rod McCall (65)

ja sure I aint.

Snor and Roux had some explaining to do in cabinet for their poor showing.

Superrugby
  2. PaarlBok Rod McCall (65)

and Wakefield change his tune
    WP site
    Model of the story, get yourself a coloured coach who can give them back straight.
  3. Mank Ted Thorn (20)

I think this is from an interview with PDiv a while ago (could be a few years).

In other words, from what I understand, coaches are still required to select a certain ratio, or quota if you like, but the term quota is not used to specify this.
  4. Bruwheresmycar Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Yea thats interesting, pretty vague though and doesn't specify whether he is talking about super/local/test rugby. Even so i find it funny how some people see De Villiers as the pinnacle of stupidity, sarcasm and lies when talking to the media about anything rugby related, but a model of integrity when he is telling the media there may be some form of quota in existence. ;)

Anyway i don't see much more to add to this thread, might be best to leave it be.
  5. Mank Ted Thorn (20)

Ok, I thought the quote was quite revealing in it's own right, but up to you how you interpret it. Guess it'll just have to be down to deduction and what you see as more likely. No issues with you wanting hard proof if your intuition says no quotas. For me I think it's pretty much common knowledge there is still a gentlemen's agreement (quotas by another name) in existence, but I could be wrong.
  6. PaarlBok Rod McCall (65)

Oh well speaking of which. Saru's Hoskins blwing his top
    Sport24
  7. Thomond78 Colin Windon (37)

In fairness, WP would have many more Coloured players if the Blou Bulle didn't poach them all.
  8. Thomond78 Colin Windon (37)

To be fair, that's RWC's fault. If it's the Bok or their precious logo to move off the front, it should be the logo, every time. Dolts.
  9. Blue Andrew Slack (58)

Like who exactly?
  10. Blue Andrew Slack (58)

Well Hoskins is to blame. Fark he is a twat.
  11. Thomond78 Colin Windon (37)

Gurthro Steenkamp, for one. Although I still cannot believe you've been so slack as to let Toulouse get their hands on him; I reckon you've let a real propping gem slip there.
  12. PaarlBok Rod McCall (65)

The perfect example is Boland. Apart from the poaching we show what can be done if a province have a rugby culture. Thats the problem with dose like Hoskins, Wakefield and the politicians. They keep on critising the top structure teams and dont do anything at the roots of rugby. Boland community is a rugby one all over the province and half their CC squad is coloured players.

Boland province have the most clubs in SA and easily 70% coloured players.
    [IMG]
  13. PaarlBok Rod McCall (65)

I'll go to the very low structure of Interschools U13s. Boishaai poach this three blacks I saw last week in their U13 team. Khanya Ncusane & WP U13 Craven Week captain Athi Magwala
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  14. PaarlBok Rod McCall (65)

Right this never ending story will never end untill we are done. The latest
    Our provinces reaction to Hoskins claims
    Sport24
    Dunno what happen to the earlier posters trying to say qoutas dont excist in SA Rugby. Its vokken kicking and alive like hell.

This is what they really want to see

Sport24
  15. PaarlBok Rod McCall (65)

Snor gets the hot seat again
    Sport24
  16. PaarlBok Rod McCall (65)

We had a national sports indaba this week between all role players withing SA sports. The net result
    Sport24
    Hoskins is just as dumb as the Minister. "It have to start at the board room", NO you dumb doos, it starts at grassroots levels, at the bottom. This will never going to end.
  17. PaarlBok Rod McCall (65)

Sport24
  18. spooony Ron Walden (29)

Wonder how a guy feels when he knows his only in the team because of a racial quota. Don't think any sportsman no matter how desperate will accept that or will like to get in that way and will mostly decline.
    But on the other hand they are doing a good job to make some believe they were actually good enough to be part of a national team where everyone knows he's not up to scratch.