• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Israel Folau saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Izzy is expressing his opinion just as Poey expresses his. Both views evoke controversy but only one of them receives adverse media attention. If neither have breached conditions of their contracts with RA then it is none of RA's business.

Well no..
RA has a policy on inclusiveness aimed at stamping out homophobia and discrimination.
RA has no such policy on coal mines and farm land.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Gees Izzy knew this was no go area - I almost wonder if he wanted out of his contract - as sadly I think good chance he will be shown the door for this as the sport is never bigger than one player and you just can't post this sort of stuff on social media for a sport like rugby that prides itself better than other sports on inclusiveness.

Izzy is fine to have his own personal views on this but sharing these on social media after last major episode and discussiosns around this means he just simply does not get responsibilities of professional rugby players.

Sad really as Izzy huge drawcard for our game as definitely one of the few talented attacking superstars that always want to watch with ball in hand and would switch on a game to watch him play. I just think he has forced RA's hand here.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yep, whether you agree with his comments, or the right to make those comments. At the end of the day they contradict and go against RA policy, RA is pretty clear on this issue, and if there were any ambiguity then it got cleared up last time he made these comments.

Folau has forced the ARU into a corner, and the only way out is to show him the door. He would have known this, I wonder if it was his intent.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think this analogy gets used a lot on these forums in different situations but imagine this as a normal workplace. RA clearly set out some guidelines around this last time regarding what they deemed acceptable in their workplace, so to everyone arguing this is his opinion etc. yep it is but his employer deemed it unacceptable behavior last time. He was essentially issued a formal warning, and therefore they now need to follow through with a sacking, unfortunately.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I don’t find any of this amusing

I find it hilarious to watch people get so bent out of shape because someone with bizarre religious convictions thinks most of the world is going to "hell"

As an agnostic, he might as well have said Westeros or any other number of mythical places for all I care.

I am more interested in seeing him improving his kicking and passing skills than taking serious his belief in an invisible entity

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yes I just can't see anything but Folau being sacked out of this. I am dissappointed this will be the end result but I also know there is no other option and yes like I said earlier wondering if forcing his hand and would not surprise me to see a news release shortly after being walked of taking up big overseas rugby contract worth gizillions.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Posted about 6 months ago. He knows what he is doing, and he wants what's going to happen

Screenshot_20190411-080225.png

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Ridiculous views whichever way you look at them.

IMO he's either:

A) fucking stupid, forgetting the consequences of his last instagram sermon
B) intentionally forcing RA to activate some exit clause in his contract
C) in possession of a martyr complex
D) all of the above.

I'm not surprised that these views exist; the marriage vote didn't exactly pass in a landslide.

I am shocked that disappointed that he keeps flogging those parts of his faith in this, THE WORLD CUP YEAR (as certain podcasters continually remind us).

He even went on record talking about the attraction of playing 7s in the Olympics.

Not anymore, champ.

What a colossal dumb fluffybunny.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
I never understand this hard line nutters like Izzy when they pick and chose parts of the bible that fits their agenda.

His latest post tells 'Drunks' to repent, but forgets Jesus turned water into wine so that the party could continue. Then, what counts as a drunk, technically I'm drunk when I've downed 2 beers in an hour, do I need to repent to jesus then?

Hell, Izzy is a walking contradiction of the bible. He has tattoo's that he won't remove and lets his wife lead her own life in New Zealand playing professional sport when she should be submitting to the Folau household

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Izzy posts that dumbarse pic on THE VERY SAME DAY that our very own G.Agger becomes bigwig CEO of some firm? Coincidence? I DON'T THINK SO.
Izzy is clearly furious at Agger's drunk/liar/fornicator/idolator/insert other/ ways receiving elevated promotion and he has reacted in a deranged, career-threatening manner.
WAY TO RUIN AUSSIE RUGBY, G.AGGER.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I find it hilarious to watch people get so bent out of shape because someone with bizarre religious convictions thinks most of the world is going to "hell"

As an agnostic, he might as well have said Westeros or any other number of mythical places for all I care.

I am more interested in seeing him improving his kicking and passing skills than taking serious his belief in an invisible entity

good for you, I still find no humour in this issue. nor do many of the sponsors and fans.
You can enjoy watching Folau improve his kicking in passing in another country or code.

Footyyy

Frank Row (1)
Izzy's got to go. This page is one click away from RugbyAu's homepage. He knew what he was doing. Yes, he's entitled to his beliefs, but he's not entitled to parrot these archaic views using his position as a popular athlete going against his employers values. How would the Catholic system react if a teacher at a Catholic school spouted anti-catholic views on a public social media page? Not very positively.

It's 2019. Fuck off Izzy.

Attachments

• Diversity.jpg
    Diversity.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 185

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
NSWRU and Rugby Australia deem the content within the post as unacceptable. It does not represent the values of the sport and is disrespectful to members of the Rugby community

NSWRU have released a statement on the issue as well

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Can we be rid of this guy already? There are so many other places his >1m a year can be better spent.

If his views are of such personal importance to him, he should find an employer that embraces them, surely.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Anything less than a long suspension is unacceptable, personally I'd prefer to see his contract torn up immediately. There is no place for hate in our game.

Status
Not open for further replies.