• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Kiwis are rigging the World Cup so they can win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

exISA

Fred Wood (13)
They know that the Northern Hemisphere teams can win when they can't kick goals (they can't score tries) , so they come out with a ball that none of the sharp shooters can use :lmao: . Its probably a good thing though , means that teams that score tries will win :D .

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
There has been some terrible goal kicking going on. I wonder what the score would of been if Wilkinson and Rodriugez kicked all their goals last night

exISA

Fred Wood (13)
Well thats why i ask how Carter did on Friday - I was too pissed to remember and I was cooking the BBQ. I thought that it might have just been an off night for wilkinson and contepomi, but after seeing every kick today and yesterday - im not so sure. I thought the romanian kicker was just crap but maybe he had the same disease everyone else has. I haven't heard any reports of kickers complaining about the ball - but im waiting for some article to come out and suggest otherwise.

exISA

Fred Wood (13)
What's so bloody different about the ball?

Dunno . But I have heard unoffical reports that the ball *is* different but hasn't necessarily affected kicking practice. But its not often you see such inconsistent kicking from sharp shooters. Especially wilkinson who is hard press to miss one kick let alone get 2 from 7 .

T

TOCC

its a slightly different shape, apparently its more round and the rubber is different so the effects generated from kicking are different

J

Jay

Given Australia's cadre of mediocre kickers and great ball runners, it kind of suits the Wallabies too.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Seremaia Bai of Fiji kicked 8 of 9 with two from the side line so that debunks your theory.

Not in any real sense. If the overall success rates were well below normal, that one result is an outlier. It's like saying "my uncle smoked all his life and lived to 95, so smoking is good for you".
Not that I actually subscribe to the original poster's light-hearted assertion.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Half the games have had howling winds as well which needs to be considered.

Morne Steyn managed to kick one from the right hand touchline with his right foot, bending it from left to right into the breeze. It was an amazing kick.

I don't think too much can be taken out of the kicking so far. Carter, Wilkinson and the Argentinian kickers kicked poorly, but other kickers seem to be doing fine.

S

Squeak

Conditions were generally pretty poor, but it was a run of poor results. I was kicking around with a (kiwi) mates old adidas ball and the bastard was unkickable. We were putting it next to the Wilbert I had there, and it was amazing how small the differences were that made it a shoit of a thing to handle.

Still and all, it's 9/11, so bring on the conspiracy!

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
No conspiracy. Its part of the IRB attempt to make the rugby less boring. If the ball is harder to kick penalties with then scoring tries will be more valuable! Bad news for the Saffers though, their whole WC strategy is down the plughole.

Status
Not open for further replies.