• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The League Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
It was actually 1 for the trip, 1 for the kick in the face, and an extra week due to loading.

edit: was a grade two trip, too. Amazing that trips have such a low points rating.
Probably got credit points because it was an ORIGIN-LEVEL trip!!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Next time someone complains about the inconsistency in the SANZAR judiciary, let's look back at these two incidents and be glad that at least our game is making an effort to punish foul and dangerous play.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Whats the expression about a picture painting words?
From the Rabbitohs vs Manly game on the weekend.
769025-7d29bf8e-204b-11e4-bee2-80d82dcd29df.jpg

are we sure he's not coming off contract and making sounds about moving offshore to play rugby in saffaland, this being his resume/cover letter as it were?

;)

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Rather than take pot shots at the mungos from the cosy confines of a rugby chat site - don't you think it far more effective to do it in the public doman.
Something along the lines of when at work....

" do Rugby League players need a criminal record / facial tattoos / poor bowel control / a lobotomy to play rugby league?

'Rugby league is so good as it keeps so many people out of jail'

'How come the NRL signed the biggest TV deal in its history, but pretty much every club is broke?

' sigh - its such a shame that NRL crowds are plummeting. I couldnt believe it when I heard the TV ratings for monday night NRL are down 30%... sigh'

and such and such....

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
Maybe GAGR could start a Rugby Activists section/forum where links to rugby stories and social media stuff could be posted for the rest of us to click on, and then perhaps click on an ad link from that page. This is what will count when these companies are viewing statistics, it doesn't matter if we read the article or not, just visiting the link and perhaps an advertiser is all that's needed to boost the ratings on rugby articles.

And please leave the mungoball stuff alone, these links and discussions on their stories only helps them, it doesn't help rugby. It's actually sad that perhaps the biggest rugby fan forum is discussing league eye gouging and foul play.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I agree with @Antony.....don't worry about League (it's a pretty good game actually) and just have Aussie teams winning more.....nothing fixes waning popularity like W's.....

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I agree with @Antony...don't worry about League (it's a pretty good game actually) and just have Aussie teams winning more...nothing fixes waning popularity like W's...

It's not a pretty good game, it's repetitive, boring, mindless, provincial, and basically uninteresting.

Mate, I grew up playing and watching and loving both codes. Now I honestly cannot watch loig for more than a couple of minutes before being impelled to tune to something more interesting, like a shopping channel or a rerun of Leave it to Beaver. Honestly.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
It's not a pretty good game, it's repetitive, boring, mindless, provincial, and basically uninteresting.

Mate, I grew up playing and watching and loving both codes. Now I honestly cannot watch loig for more than a couple of minutes before being impelled to tune to something more interesting, like a shopping channel or a rerun of Leave it to Beaver. Honestly.

I still enjoy watching it......plenty of people still do.....especially in Australia apparently....

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Strange... seems like all the NZ posters (myself included) are all still league fans, but Oz one's aren't.

Probably a lot that can be read into that - but I'd say mainly from the comments that the media appears to be the problem. Which I sort of understand. 5 mins of Gould is enough for everybody (which is a shame as Ray Warren is the best commentator on the planet in my opinion).

T

Train Without a Station

I actually don't mind Gould. He can talk intelligently about the game and in my view his coaching achievements give him a shitload of credibility.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I rarely watch these days but I try not to take pot shots either. Sometimes I can't help myself. Watched half the Broncos game on friday night. then the internet called me and I was gone.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Warren Ryan is the best loig commentator I have ever heard. Admittedly, I have not listened to any for quite a long while. But I was always impressed by the fact that he could actually make it sound interesting (on the radio, I hasten to add).

I am pretty sure that I have never knowingly listened to anything that Phil Gould has ever said. He was a very intelligent footballer, though, back in the days when there actually was some intelligence in the code - along with all the sanctioned brutality, I hasten to add.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Warren Ryan is the best loig commentator I have ever heard. Admittedly, I have not listened to any for quite a long while. But I was always impressed by the fact that he could actually make it sound interesting (on the radio, I hasten to add).

You won't now that he's 'retired' from the ABC

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
You won't now that he's 'retired' from the ABC

One of Ryan's claims to fame was that he had a fist-fight with Roy Masters. Not sure who won, although I suspect that Ryan was probably tougher, having been quite a good first grader in his day, for the Bluebags. (That's Newtown for those under 60 :)).

Status
Not open for further replies.