• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The League Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Had to laugh at Danny Weidler's tripe today saying that 500,000 subscribe to Foxtel for NRL and then goes on to say the only games that draw less than 200,000 are the afternoon games which just so happen to be the only games they're left with.

Rule #1 of League Journalism: A cretin and his facts never meet

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Not sure where else to put this but has anyone had the opportunity to listen to 2GB's Rugby Show on Sunday mornings? Is it worth a listen? This week's guest was Nathan Gray.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Jarryd Hayne had another stellar performance for the 49ers in their preseason game against the Cowboys.

28 yards punt return average from 3 returns.

54 running yards from 8 carries.

One of the commentators described it as the story of the preseason.

He's going to keep getting opportunities whilst he's delivering like this.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
RL game between Ireland and Serbia abandoned after Serbian coach/water boy tackles an Irish player:

"Probalby (sic) the most disgusting thing I have ever seen," Rugby League Ireland wrote in a comment. "Serbian water carrier tackles Irish player and then all hell breaks loose. Serbian number 10 kicks Irish player in the regiion (sic) of the head when on the ground.

"Irish team have left the field, I believe that is it. Game over. Awful way to end a game and only one person to blame, the Serbian coach/water carrier. "

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...eportedly-punches-player-20150830-gjb2dd.html

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
RL game between Ireland and Serbia abandoned after Serbian coach/water boy tackles an Irish player:

"Probalby (sic) the most disgusting thing I have ever seen," Rugby League Ireland wrote in a comment. "Serbian water carrier tackles Irish player and then all hell breaks loose. Serbian number 10 kicks Irish player in the regiion (sic) of the head when on the ground.

"Irish team have left the field, I believe that is it. Game over. Awful way to end a game and only one person to blame, the Serbian coach/water carrier. "

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...eportedly-punches-player-20150830-gjb2dd.html

Serbia seem to have picked up the finer points of league very quickly

papabear

Watty Friend (18)
from http://www.newstatesman.com/politic...s-and-rugby-league-still-patronised-parochial
120 years on, and rugby league is still patronised as “parochial”

Even as Leeds and Hull Kingston Rovers do battle in the 2015 Challenge Cup final, the century-old conflict between rugby league and rugby union isn’t over.
BY GEORGE CLARKE
When Leeds and Hull Kingston Rovers step out onto the hallowed Wembley turf on Saturday afternoon it will be a celebration, regardless of the result. The final of rugby league’s oldest competition is expected to be watched by over 85,000 fans, with countless more watching on the BBC. And the reason for celebration? This year’s Challenge Cup final falls on rugby league’s 120th birthday.
...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
He’s backing Leeds in the final, in case you were wondering. Although it all makes Saturday’s game seem rather irrelevant if in 2015 you can be jailed for establishing a sport. Perhaps it shows more than ever, that after 120 years of separation, rugby league is still trying to shake off the shackles of its older brother.

Please no full quotes of articles, tis against the rules

Fatprop

Miggie

Allen Oxlade (6)
I actually meant - sad reading for rugby when we are 3 weeks out from a World Cup and the league media thread is the main topic of conversation...but don't let that get in the way of your troll rant.

As for the article you refer to, it was 6 months ago in the UAE btw not 6 years. :( But please rant on.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I actually meant - sad reading for rugby when we are 3 weeks out from a World Cup and the league media thread is the main topic of conversation.but don't let that get in the way of your troll rant.

As for the article you refer to, it was 6 months ago in the UAE btw not 6 years. :( But please rant on.

It was in the New Statesmen, you and three other people will read it.

T

TOCC

I actually meant - sad reading for rugby when we are 3 weeks out from a World Cup and the league media thread is the main topic of conversation.but don't let that get in the way of your troll rant.

Shit mate it's pretty sad reading for the NRL when it's only a few weeks out from the finals all the major league journos are writing articles on a player who is now in another country playing another code..

You claim to be a rugby supporter but only pop up in this thread or the TV ratings thread and write comments like this..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
As an Eastwood supporter I feel it necessary to point out that this club refused to allow Michael Cleary, a former Wallaby, to become a member when he was the local MHR. The reason was, of course, that he had switched codes.

Maybe Miggie should feel bad about that, it is a lot closer to home.

Status
Not open for further replies.