• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The "Lee Grant" restrainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Entirely through my own fucking fault I came of my road bike on Saturday and managed to dislocate my shoulder.

To add insult to injury, this is the sling they want me to wear for the next 3 weeks:

user_er_shoulder.jpg

It's already been pointed out that it could actually be a masturbation restraint. However, I've still got a free hand so no worries there.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Gagger said:
It's already been pointed out that it could actually be a masturbation restraint. However, I've still got a free hand so no worries there.
So your a left hander. :lmao: Call you a expert if you can change hands without missing a stroke. ;)

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I feel for you, Gagger (from a very great distance I might add!). There are two sorts of cyclists: those who've fallen off their bikes and those are going to. I've broken only two bones in my body, both from falling off a bike in my 50s.

Bit tricky for Mrs Gagger, left handed and all. :nta: :lmao: :fishing

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Lindommer said:
I feel for you, Gagger (from a very great distance I might add!). There are two sorts of cyclists: those who've fallen off their bikes and those are going to. I've broken only two bones in my body, both from falling off a bike in my 50s.

Bit tricky for Mrs Gagger, left handed and all. :nta: :lmao: :fishing
Bad luck there mate. So no "wanging on"this weekend? :lmao:
I am in both groups, Lindo. No bones broken, but plenty of lost skin!

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Me too. Both groups I mean.

Cyclo, did I mention I'm off to follow the last 8 stages of the TdF leaving Friday. And taking my bike and cycling from 40km to 120km of each stage before the big boys come through? If I've already mentioned it...

Super excited - only a couple more sleeps.

R

rugbywhisperer

Gees Cuter thats great -that would be a trip I would love.
The reason I don't/can't play our beoved game anymore is I also came off a bike, - when it hit a semi at 60kph and took out my pelvis - eternal limp now

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Cutter said:
Me too. Both groups I mean.

Cyclo, did I mention I'm off to follow the last 8 stages of the TdF leaving Friday. And taking my bike and cycling from 40km to 120km of each stage before the big boys come through? If I've already mentioned it...

Super excited - only a couple more sleeps.
Did I mention that I hate you? ;)
You lucky bugger. Enjoy it, I know I would.
You have a custom built bike? I seem to recall you mentioning you're pretty tall, and I know it can be hard to get properly fitted.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
That sounds the way to do it Cutter - although could be a little depressing being on a bike around those freakazoids? ;)

One of the pissers of doing my shoulder is that a group of mates are doing Mont Ventoux in Oct & I'm now out!

Have we started a nerdy cycling thread on here before?

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
rugbywhisperer said:
Gees Cuter thats great -that would be a trip I would love.
The reason I don't/can't play our beoved game anymore is I also came off a bike, - when it hit a semi at 60kph and took out my pelvis - eternal limp now
Sounds very nasty. Your fault or his? Or was it a vengeful woman? Can you still cycle?

cyclopath said:
Did I mention that I hate you? ;)
You lucky bugger. Enjoy it, I know I would.
You have a custom built bike? I seem to recall you mentioning you're pretty tall, and I know it can be hard to get properly fitted.

No custom made bike. Just a big old trek. I will post some photos.

Gagger said:
That sounds the way to do it Cutter - although could be a little depressing being on a bike around those freakazoids? ;)

One of the pissers of doing my shoulder is that a group of mates are doing Mont Ventoux in Oct & I'm now out!

Have we started a nerdy cycling thread on here before?

We havent started a cycling thread but we should.

I'm not built to race up mountains, but I'll enjoy it all the same.

We arent doing Mont Ventoux which is pretty disappointing - for some reason we can only go part way up. Maybe next year for both of us on that one.

R

rugbywhisperer

I just wasn't watching and he changed lanes pretty quickly on me.
Can still cycle but after 30 years all the associated stuff has just about stopped me doing anything but shag.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
i did a kamikaze off a mountain trail in NZ. collapsed a lung but nothing else. got off easy in a way.

enjoy Le Tour!

Status
Not open for further replies.