• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Mighty Two Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
how are the Parramatta Two Blues going to go this year?
who have they lost and gained in first grade?
Reported in Rugby News:
http://www.rugbynews.org/sport/rugbynews.nsf/AdminMainNews/6

Disappointing to lose two exciting youngsters in Oleni and Tyler but that's life. Of the new recruits, I particularly like the look of Adam Coleman, very promising. Will probably head down to training next week to have a look - I understand that numbers have been very good.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Great day at Merrylands RSL Rugby Park today with Parra Pacific Day. Some extremely good dance acts and other performers including singers, showing what a diverse and talented community we have out here. Oh, and we won First Grade! 13-10!

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
I see another win on the weekend. No wonder your GM voted in favour of the competition set up for this year........I'd say he knew you had a top 6 1st grade side and lower grades weren't much.....

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Parramatta Juniors were not as prominent in the recent NSW State champs as they have been in previous seasons.

The transfer of Rooty Hill Raptors to Penrith has obviously had an impact on the 2 Blues rep programme.

Was this a "cut off your nose" moment from the powers that be that will ultimately be to the detriment of rugby in the outer west?

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Parramatta Juniors were not as prominent in the recent NSW State champs as they have been in previous seasons.

The transfer of Rooty Hill Raptors to Penrith has obviously had an impact on the 2 Blues rep programme.

Was this a "cut off your nose" moment from the powers that be that will ultimately be to the detriment of rugby in the outer west?

Both Rooty Hill and Hawkesbury defected to Penrith so Parramatta was weakened in all age groups. The decisions were made by those clubs, or should I say factions within those clubs for reasons ranging from Saturday Minis comps to Rep coaching selections to enducement by Penrith. I wager one of those clubs will return soon based on a number of the promises they received to switch not eventuating and a growing resentment within the club toward the people responsible for the decision to move.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
After Grumbles spilled the beans in the SMH this morning, how was the crowd?

Be very keen to read Thommos match report.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
The crowd was quite good, very vocal during the seesawing main game in which Mr X scored the matchwinner in the corner at the death. The website already has some photos up but I too will be very interested in what Thommo has to say. It was good to see Tonga Schools there as well.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
From the Match report:

What can Parra do? Like Elizabeth Taylor's eighth husband, they seem to know what's expected of them, but not quite sure how to make it happen.

Absolute classic.:)

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
For someone who'd rip your head off in a ruck or belt you if you missed a tackle (I'm talking about his own team mates), Thommo is quite an eloquent scribe.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Have to say our Two Blues boys looked to be enjoying their task as they judged the Meat Challenge on tonight's episode of The Living Room on channel 10. Gotta say, that pie sure did look pretty good!

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
And The Mighty Two Blues march on, gaining a bonus point win over an industrious and very competitive Randwick.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Belly and his team have launched the Two Blues 2013 membership campaign on the club website. $50 gets free entry to all home games, voting rights at the AGM and a chance to win a 60 inch plasma TV. Exceptionally good value.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Why not throw in a plug for the Two Blues Golf day on April 12 at Fox Hills Golf Club Prospect ($90 individual $32- group of four). RSVP by 1 April to golfday@twobluesrugby.com.au

or the First Grade Match Day Lunch 11:30 on 6 April. Meet the Two Blues First Grade Players for lunch in Signatures Buffet from 11:30 am for just $20 pp incl ground entry ($15 early bird special if you book and pay before 2 April). Ring Merrylands RSL on 8868 7777.

Details here: http://www.twobluesrugby.com.au/

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Why not throw in a plug . . .

You are right HJ although I'd hate to start something that might turn this august forum into a plug-fest.
I thought this particular "plug" was relevant to an existing thread and, while I think there is merit in clubs having a place to promote their activities (within reason), I imagine that the GAGR management are looking at this and muttering under their breath saying something like "hmmm, better keep an eye on this sort of stuff".

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
You are right HJ although I'd hate to start something that might turn this august forum into a plug-fest.
I thought this particular "plug" was relevant to an existing thread and, while I think there is merit in clubs having a place to promote their activities (within reason), I imagine that the GAGR management are looking at this and muttering under their breath saying something like "hmmm, better keep an eye on this sort of stuff".

Manly did the season ticket package and I believe it was a great success. I'd hope GAGR management are appreciating the promotion of good things, I'd like to see each club have it's own thread under Club Rugby where updates, club news, match previews / reports and events are posted each week. Great way to spread the exposure and keep the supporters further affield aware of whats happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.