• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The new Wallaby jersey

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I thought it's already been established that the ARU don't have any say about the alternate being white. It's a directive from World Rugby that all teams' alternate is white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it is mandated, then that might explain the green stripes on the shoulder. If White is the paler shade of yellow, then without that feature on the main jersey, the alternate strip might have ended up as entirely white which would have caused us even more grief as the Wallabies became mistaken for the Poms.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
So the Wallabies jersey would be like that. If ARU had stuck with them:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1434568470709.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1434568470709.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 341

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
And Romania have a white jersey in case they play us........

"But Romania is yellow and blue not yellow and white! Rabble rabble rabble!"

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
As if there wouldn't be a whole load of complaints about the BLK jerseys if one of those was the new Wallabies jersey.

Fiji: what is that stupid pattern under the arm? Never would have had that in 1991.

Samoa: looks like they've tried to paint super hero abs on the front of the jersey. Ridiculous!

USA: looks like a polo shirt some wanker would wear playing golf.

Romania: are they traditional Romanian crop circles on the front of the jersey? Outrageous.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
As if there wouldn't be a whole load of complaints about the BLK jerseys if one of those was the new Wallabies jersey.

Fiji: what is that stupid pattern under the arm? Never would have had that in 1991.

Samoa: looks like they've tried to paint super hero abs on the front of the jersey. Ridiculous!

Romania: are they traditional Romanian crop circles on the front of the jersey? Outrageous.
Quite true I suppose.

All the same, I have to say I was a huge fan of the 2013 BLK wallabies design. It too wasn't universally loved, but I don't remember it being subject to quote the vitriol that ASICS efforts have produced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The thing I liked most about BLK/KooGa jerseys was that they get heavily reduced the year after they are new which most of the other brands don't seem to do to the same extent.

My 'current' Wallaby jersey is the 2011 RWC jersey which cost me $40 in 2012.

I have to admit I'm less against the new jersey particularly after seeing that it is less canary yellow than the original photos indicated and the waves on the stomach less obvious. I'm still not in love with the green shoulder design but every jersey is going to have some bit of 'flair' that traditionalists are bound to hate. It's really not that bad though.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

A mate of mine does jerseys & merchandise sales.

He said that all these current jerseys are essentially the same white lycra'ish/plastic material that is then printed on, cut out and sewn

Anything can be printed on them these days

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
A mate of mine does jerseys & merchandise sales.

He said that all these current jerseys are essentially the same white lycra'ish/plastic material that is then printed on, cut out and sewn

Anything can be printed on them these days

Yep.

I'd be interested to know how many of the high tech fabrics used by the various jersey manufacturers are actually made in the same textiles factory. I'm sure several of them are.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
The thing I liked most about BLK/KooGa jerseys was that they get heavily reduced the year after they are new which most of the other brands don't seem to do to the same extent.

My 'current' Wallaby jersey is the 2011 RWC jersey which cost me $40 in 2012.

I have to admit I'm less against the new jersey particularly after seeing that it is less canary yellow than the original photos indicated and the waves on the stomach less obvious. I'm still not in love with the green shoulder design but every jersey is going to have some bit of 'flair' that traditionalists are bound to hate. It's really not that bad though.

A policy that the Japanese don't use because the Asics jersey 2014 is still expensive :(

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yep.

I'd be interested to know how many of the high tech fabrics used by the various jersey manufacturers are actually made in the same textiles factory. I'm sure several of them are.

Of course, bud. All are made by slaves in Chinese factories

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
That's because the 2014 jersey will still be used in 2015 for the rugby championship..

Really?? I didn't know. I thought they would wear the new jersey with the sponsor: "Qantas" and the Wallaby logo on the chest