• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The new Wallaby jersey

fo!!ower

Chris McKivat (8)
Went in to Rebel today to check out the RWC range in the flesh (so to speak) and I have to say, the colour consistency and quality of the range is very poor.

The test replica jersies appear to be very poorly made and the quality of the embroidery for the RWC logo is terrible - it looks like a cheap knockoff you would find at the markets rather than a genuine licensed product.

The cotton 'traditional' fan jersey with the proper collar is just awful. The quality is again, very poor and the colour is all wrong. It's a greeny-faded mustard yellow, sort of what you'd expect from an old CCC Wallaby jersey from the 90's after warm-washing it a hundred times with dark-coloured items.

Believe it or not it actually looks much worse than in the below photo I took. The colour difference between the cotton fan jersey and the test replica jersey is stark.

The colour of the test replica jersey is not too bad. It certainly looks gold in the right light but from some angles it looks more yellow too. In one of the pictures bellow you can see a long sleeved tracksuit jacket which to my eye is the perfect colour and is what Asics should have aimed for as the colour for every item in the range.

Verdict: I've gone from 'definitely buying one' to 'only if we win the RWC'.

uploadfromtaptalk1436154989121.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1436155004920.jpg

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Yeah the cotton ones are incredibly poor quality the colour and print job of the shoulder stripes look so poorly done you'd almost think they were knock offs in some china town shop. Really quite unbelievable that they'd charge $160 for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
England have put our RWC jersey up for pre-order now. It's plain white with a rose on... I like it! Shame about the price really!

1312661_ERTV_TAB_MAIN.jpg

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
A bit like the All Blacks really in terms of it not changing. That said, I thought their lay jersey was better

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
The last five years have been pretty good in terms of the formula of a plain white jersey. Which is a good thing because before that Nike came out with some shockers. Notably the 2007 effort.

I have to admit I hope the funny V stripes thing is slightly less noticeable in real life but hey. Overall it is good.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
^^^^^^^^^^ it's an improvement on the one with all the Victoria Crosses IMO.
Really? I thought that actually looked a lot better, with the collar feature and everything... But the away strip in particular looked way better. This new one is way too red. Their royal purple kit looked better than this.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Hey buddies. Anyone know about the Asics sizes? Are similar than the Kooga's size or Canterbury size?

Because the Kooga's size is bigger than Canterbury's size. If you are a Size M for KooGa then you are a size L for Canterbury. Is Asics size similar than KooGa's or Canterbury's size?

I haven't Asics jerseys so I have not idea about the size

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
I have some of the NRC asics jerseys which are a different cut, but they're very much a size smaller than normal brands.

I find nike to be the biggest followed by BLK, canterbury, Kukri, Kooga etc

but they are a different cut to the wallabies ones.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I have some of the NRC asics jerseys which are a different cut, but they're very much a size smaller than normal brands.

I find nike to be the biggest followed by BLK, canterbury, Kukri, Kooga etc

but they are a different cut to the wallabies ones.

So the Wallabies Asics jersey is bigger than the NRC jerseys?

T

TOCC

The replica jerseys in store at Rebel Sports look and feel really cheap, not something I'd willingly spend $150 on.