• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The new Wallaby jersey

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
160504-stephen-moore.ashx

So here's the new one

Thoughts?

Perfect. Undoubtedly some will decry the lack of a collar, green stripes on the sleeves, heavy cotton fabric, or any other minute difference between this and what they'd personally design, but really, what's not to like?

The only way to get a broadly positive reaction to a Wallaby jersey would be to produce a thousand different designs.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Well, screw the collar. Just something for those filthy kiwi bastards to grab onto and not be penalised for ;)

The colour looks better at least, and they got rid of the pinstripe southern cross thing. Simple, elegant, fucking GOLD.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Our jerseys have grip sections to assist control of the ball.

Even though it is not in the spirit of the game I wonder if a jersey for props to have a "hard to grip" section where opposing props bind? This could obviously be an issue in an attacking maul or ruck but may assist in getting scrum penalties.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I could be wrong but I thought the laws of the game had design requirements for front rowers jerseys that were aimed at teams not doing that. I could've completely imagined that up but.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Only thing for a supporter is the heavy cotton fabric, not worried about tradition or anything like that but in my youth at Uni in Armidale it was F^%$# cold but you could get on the piss in a good jersey and be reasonably warm. Light weight shit just wouldn't cut it. Also why I liked the long sleeves. But I'm just living in the past.

Sauron

Larry Dwyer (12)
Agree.

To me the only thing I want to see is for the collar to be green again.

Mate, we're getting there. It's a bit green this season, next season the Revolutionary Change will be an all-green collar with white piping, the year after that it'll be all-green, no piping; but the year after that we'll change sponsor, and wear a green-and-gold tie-dyed singlet.

T

TOCC

As long as they come with a supporter equivalent, that is one made in cotton/wool with a more realistic taper then I'm happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Mate, we're getting there. It's a bit green this season, next season the Revolutionary Change will be an all-green collar with white piping, the year after that it'll be all-green, no piping; but the year after that we'll change sponsor, and wear a green-and-gold tie-dyed singlet.

What sponsor?

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I really like the Junior Wallabies jersey. For me would be perfect as Wallabies jersey but I understand for some the jersey has too much green

Attachments

• 038c619e087aa4f7061669a263cbacde.jpg
    038c619e087aa4f7061669a263cbacde.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 646