• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Official Shield Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
shawn-mackay-shield.jpg

Just a thought, ignore the hexagonal mantling, think of the shield in the centre obviously just done quickly as an idea. 7 embossed circles in the cnetre should have the 7 clubs he played for or can be adjusted. Spartan enough for omar?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
If I had the ability to draw, I'd help out. But alas, all I have is the ability to say "yeah nah, more like this!"

In short, I have become what I hate most!

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Just a thought, ignore the hexagonal mantling, think of the shield in the centre obviously just done quickly as an idea. 7 embossed circles in the cnetre should have the 7 clubs he played for or can be adjusted. Spartan enough for omar?
I like the the look of that.

But I don't go for putting the logos of the 7 clubs on there. This trophy should not be about those clubs, IMO.

If you want to sneak a reference to them in there, then make it more abstrast as simply 7 plain embossments somewhere on the shield perhaps.

yLVx7Yl.png

That allows it to be interpreted more inclusively and/or in other ways (maybe covering the points of the federation star).

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
I like the the look of that.

But I don't go for putting the logos of the 7 clubs on there. This trophy should not be about those clubs, IMO.

If you want to sneak a reference to them in there, then make it more abstrast

What about having the shield as a heptagon (seven sided)?

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
What about having the shield as a heptagon (seven sided)?

Well, if it's only a detachable wooden plinth, then whatever Lord Logo, PFitzy et al., thinks is a good thing.

The actual "shield" part itself (as depicted above) looks good round, for mine.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Well, if it's only a detachable wooden plinth, then whatever Lord Logo, PFitzy et al., thinks is a good thing.

The actual "shield" part itself (as depicted above) looks good round, for mine.

If we put all of the glittery stuff on the heptagon, which we place on the Captain America shield where all of the winners go, that'd look marvellous.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
I like the round shield, so long as it isn't small or too light and resembles an actual shield. Also like RF's design, especially the gold. Absolutely hate the mantling though!

I guess with something like this it would be cool to have lots of different designs from people like RF with some talent for it. Then maybe a public vote on a shortlist.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Putting any reference to nine on the shield might be fraught with danger: who's to say there'll always be nine teams in the NRC.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Is any body/person/organisation putting their hand up to manage this, or is it going to remain an internet idea?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
we're working on it behind the scenes.

In fact I think its I that has the next action step.

Status
Not open for further replies.