• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The other big announcement today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Was the big day out lineup. Its going to be a cracker this year.

Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Killers, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Vampire Weekend, Band of Horses, The Bloody Beetroots (Live), Kaskade , Animal Collective, B.o.B, Sleigh Bells , Foals, Alabama Shakes, 360 , Crystal Castles, Pretty Lights , Off!, Grinspoon , Against Me , Gary Clarke Jr., Nicky Romero, Morgan Page, Logo, Every Time I Die, Delta Spirit ,Childish Gambino , Me, Hunting, Grounds, Jeff, The Brotherhood, Death Grips, Adventure Club, Jagwar Ma, House vs Hurricane, Avalanche City , Helena, Toucan, Nina Las Vegas , Sampology

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hand in the pocket time for those of a certain age to fund the social activities of the young'uns.

Recognise some of those names and the Junior Jarses will be very excited.

The circle of life. Their time will come when they'll fund their your young'uns activities. Can't wait.:)

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It's nothing special, RHCP are way past their peak and there's not a whole lot else there. Bloody Beetroots are good live if you like jumping up and down.

Crystal Castles, RHCP, Yeah yeah yeah's, the Killers and 360 are the only ones I'd like to see...not sure why House v Hurricane is on there but obviously trying to cater for numerous genre's.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Alabama Shakes are blowing up right now, and Vampire Weekend I think have an new album due before the tour, so that should be good.

I heard on the radio that Childish Gambino is also booked to play. Hopefully a few more catch on to him after the tour.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Red Hot Chilli Peppers & Grinspoon are the only two I know in that list - it's official, I'm old.

Angry, you need to surround yourself with some young'uns. Even I recognise a few more of these names than you. No younger siblings lurking around Seahorse Cottege then.:)

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I use to go to many of these festivals in Sydney over summer, nowadays seeing that neither The Wiggles nor Hi-5 will be at these concerts I won't be going this year... I'm old and out of touch.

I was in the car the other day by myself listen to music. It was 5 minutes before I realised I was listening to the Wiggles... I'm ashamed to say I was singing along as well. I comforted myself by eating a half chewed soggy kids museli bar sitting on the passenger seat. I then headed off to the supermarket for more nappies and breast pads. I think I passed the Bloody Beetroots in the vegetable aisle. In my day we were Smashing Pumpkins in the Sound Garden. Go figure.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
I'm hoping Childish Gambino (Troy from Community) do some side shows. Pretty much the only one I would like to see.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Angry, you need to surround yourself with some young'uns. Even I recognise a few more of these names than you. No younger siblings lurking around Seahorse Cottege then.:)

Only child! & most of my cousins are mostly around their late 20s like me. Although one of my cousins who I am very close to has just given birth to her 5th child & they are all in primary school - maybe I should keep an eye out on what they'll end up listening to. Or maybe I'll just start lecturing them that nothing is as good now as it was 'in my day' ;).

The newest artist I've listened to is Gotye.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I use to go to many of these festivals in Sydney over summer, nowadays seeing that neither The Wiggles nor Hi-5 will be at these concerts I won't be going this year. I'm old and out of touch.

I was in the car the other day by myself listen to music. It was 5 minutes before I realised I was listening to the Wiggles. I'm ashamed to say I was singing along as well. I comforted myself by eating a half chewed soggy kids museli bar sitting on the passenger seat. I then headed off to the supermarket for more nappies and breast pads. I think I passed the Bloody Beetroots in the vegetable aisle. In my day we were Smashing Pumpkins in the Sound Garden. Go figure.

Now those are all musical influences I can identify. The theme song to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Samurai Pizza Cats still gets me bopping even today.

Ito woke up feeling very old and out of touch this morning but after a fair bit if you tubing today, gotta say, it's gonna be a great festival.

Youtube has been great for a number of things but in terms of discovering music it has been huge. So easy to find a song or band that you may never have heard of before. I recently discovered 80's Glam Metal Band "Vixen" much to the dismay of people visiting or occupying my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.