• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Queensland Rugby Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
It looks like some old Rugby heads are trying to get the QRC off the ground again.

https://www.qldrugbyclub.com.au/

Sounds like a good thing to me.

The Charter

The Club’s specific purpose is not to augment the incomes of existing champions but to encourage the development of home grown Wallaby players through exclusive support to Queensland grassroots rugby.

The Club’s primary purpose, however, is to provide all rugby followers with a social structure in which they can enjoy the esprit de corps associated with the game while at the same time generating funds for senior and junior club organisations.
The Club’s assistance can help in this regard by providing modest services that enable rugby followers to derive extra pleasure and benefit from their membership.

To this end the Charter of the Club nominates these objectives:

(a) To develop and encourage public participation in all forms of the grassroots sport
(b) To financially support grassroots rugby directly at the outset and indirectly in the future
(c) To provide members with a regular, rugby themed, and weekly watering hole
(d) To facilitate and promote social activity and interaction around the game of rugby
(e) To seek rugby benefits for members in terms of discounts, a wider choice of rugby functions and options on major rugby events
(f) To develop interstate and international partnerships with similarly based organisations, thereby enhancing our possible tours and creating events around visitors
(g) In the fullness of time to provide a permanent home for the Club

The Services

The services to members will be twofold:

1. To provide a series of events attractive to people who share a rugby interest.
  1. To provide a discreet rugby themed area within a quality CBD hotel for some functions and a weekly drink.
The service to local rugby clubs will be $20 for all members who nominate the organisation as their grassroots connection.
What do you guys think? Will you join? It's $90 for Metro and $60 for country members with $20 going to the rugby club of your choice.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
Looks interesting, will see what it actually looks like becoming. With that board is looks like the QRU board from the dark days are trying to stay come up with a way to stay involved or actually succeed at something in rugby.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
It is interesting. I'd like to go to one of the game nights and see what they are about.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Actually I think I would consider joining, and I not a Reds supporter, but happy to be part of anything that has the aim of helping grassroots rugby.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I was a bit sceptical initially as opening up a club is a great way to loose money. After reading the blog post though I think it's a good idea. Lets hope people get behind it and they can do some good things for rugby at a grassroots level.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
So at this stage they aren't looking at investing in a QRC HQ like they had on Eagle St? I'm not the biggest fan of The Alliance Hotel but I do like the idea of bringing something like this back.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The best thing is they aren't looking at investing in property and staff, overhead costs that will kill it. They are going to hold events at the Alliance and will bring back the Penfolds Lunches at the Qld Cricketers Club.

I like that $20 from your membership fee goes to a nominated club.

Status
Not open for further replies.