• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Royal Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
Couldn't give a rats arse about it but but found this interesting:

Prince William's wedding invite to All Blacks captain Richie McCaw has created a right royal stir, with speculation swirling that another New Zealand rugby great could be on the list.

McCaw revealed yesterday he'd turned down the invitation to next month's extravaganza because he wants to focus on Super 15 and the Rugby World Cup.

"I did get an invitation, it was a heck of an honour and I felt a bit lucky," McCaw told the NZ Herald.

"Had I still been injured and it had not been a World Cup year, then I'm sure things would have been different."

However, Stuff understands former All Black captain and rugby legend Sean Fitzpatrick may have also received a gold-embossed invitation in the mail.

Players' agent Andy Haden said he thought Fitzpatrick would be a likely candidate, as he lives in London and is on the board for the Laureus sport awards.

However, when Haden quizzed him about it, Fitzpatrick wouldn't say if he had received an invite or not.

If Fitzy is indeed dusting off his best suit in preparation, he will be one of a number of famous rugby stars at the April 29 event.

The prince is a keen rugby fan, playing rugby as a university student, and is vice-patron of the Welsh Rugby Union.

Confirmed so far for Willy's big day are openly-gay Welsh rugby player Gareth Thomas, and Irish rugby captain Brian O'Driscoll.

Football star David Beckham has also been invited.

New Zealand Prime Minister John Key and Governor General Sir Anand Satyanand will also be among the 1900 guests

"Sir" Richie gets an invite.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
He's a rugby fan, so it's not too surprising. I'm sure there will be a couple of Aussie players on the invite too - Eales or Gregan perhaps?

Either that or he hates you fuckers.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Confirmed so far for Willy's big day are openly-gay Welsh rugby player Gareth Thomas, and Irish rugby captain Brian O'Driscoll.
One must wonder how his being gay is at all relevant to receiving a wedding invite

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)

I didn't know B O'D had come out of the closet :lmao:

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
No-one would condemn him. Only the Aussies would complain.....everyone else would thereafter try to copy him.

owmSt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.