1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Rugby Championship 2019

Discussion in 'Rugby Matches' started by waiopehu oldboy, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Dan54 Mark Loane (55)

Lol Derpus, understand where you coming from, but you best to wait until WC to stop 3 in a row, these tests mean absolutely bugger all re WC.
  2. Derpus Paul McLean (56)

I'm not so sure. I think the momentum we built pre-WC was key to us making it deep in the comp in 2015.
  3. Dan54 Mark Loane (55)

Yep and both last WCs ABs have won, they have been beaten in RC, though I think both sides have valid arguments.
  4. Derpus Paul McLean (56)

ABs statistically lose about 1 a year. Better in the RC than RWC, for sure.
  5. KiwiM Bill Watson (15)

Hansen has made it pretty clear the focus this year is RWC and Bledisloe - that means the other games will be used for experimentation.

I don't think the calls are that brave in the starting XV - much rather have Beaudie at 15 than Jordie in the back 3.

Fifita and Papalii on the bench is where the risk comes in.
  6. wamberal Simon Poidevin (60)

Come on, mate. You guys could pick your 3rd XV and beat everybody in sight.
  7. Up the Guts John Thornett (49)

Looking forward to seeing whether we get a glimpse of Hansen’s master plan to unlock the rush defence.
  8. Dismal Pillock John Thornett (49)

[IMG]
    RebelYell and KiwiM like this.
  9. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

I'll be supporting the All Blacks to win by less than 12.5 points... for reasons.
    Dismal Pillock, RebelYell and Derpus like this.
  10. Up the Guts John Thornett (49)

Haven’t a lot of you guys been asking for BB at 15 and Mo’unga at 10 for a while? Seems like a good play to me.
    Dismal Pillock likes this.
  11. zer0 John Solomon (38)

The bench is a mishmash, but I think Papali'i will be fine. Fifita, on the other hand, is a known quantity who is unlikely to make the RWC. Would much rather have had Hemopo there.

Papali'i can also play all three loose forward positions, and I believe Jacobson can as well (?). So I imagine they're competing for the RWC loose forward utility spot. Of the two, I'd take Papali'i. But then I've seen next to nothing of Jacobson.

The same was said in 2007. And that went about as well as the last time Onehunga High School was allowed to go on an Auckland city field trip north of the Royal Oak McDonald's.
  12. MarkJ Charlie Fox (21)

Maybe the master plan is to get the refs to actually penalise the rush defence for being offside?
    Up the Guts likes this.
  13. Dan54 Mark Loane (55)

I think Fifita getting a last chance myself, and like you think very little between Papali'i and Jacobson , though I do admit to leaning towards Jacobson ( who can also play all 3 spots), but not strongly though.

Going to be real great to see how this team goes, and it not like I need anymore to get built up about anyway, the AB/Boks are already the pinnacle for me!
  14. KiwiM Bill Watson (15)

Yes. Should have happened well before now. Glad it is finally happening.
    Up the Guts likes this.
  15. waiopehu oldboy John Eales (66)

I interpreted "retaining the Bledisloe" as meaning "not losing to Straya twice in the same year since God knows" & that the experimenting would occur in BA (because no CruSadists or Horrorcanes), Auckland (unless beaten in Perth) & the 'tron.

As (I think) an OHS alumni I think you owe it to the rest of us to share some details of said field trip including your part in it....
  16. Dan54 Mark Loane (55)

Yep a lot have UTG, will be good to see how it goes, I have no probs with waiting for it to happen, wouldn't mind betting it for 2 reasons, 1, they probably didn't want to show hand too early and 2, Was it a good idea to get Mounga settled in when they obviously changing style of backline play.
    Up the Guts likes this.
  17. Up the Guts John Thornett (49)

That would probably be the most effective tactic
    Dan54 likes this.