• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby TV Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Since the makeover when they got rid Cannons silly segment, and the Desk, I have been impressed with the format and content on Rugby HQ.

Well done to the team at Fox. Keep it up for next season.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I enjoyed last night show too HJ, really enjoyed listening to Paulver's take on where the games going, good sensible ideas I thought. Just wish whilst discussing these things McArdle wouldn't come up with the old "can't the IRB see how tough it is for us in Aus and change the rules to suit us" business again. But all in all hope the show continues like that next year and I will go back to being a regular viewer.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bump.

It is Thursday Night.

Super Rugby trials are underway. Wellington Rugby 7's are on this weekend.

Pre-Season for Club footy is back in earnest. Kids are back at school.
Junior Village Club recruiting campaigns are in full swing.

Something is missing.

When are Nick and the Team going to be back on air?

Missing them. Time to be back on our screens.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
The best parts of their show gets uploaded to rugbydump the next day.

Honestly, it's not the fun of the footy show and not the analysis of say AFL 360 (not the best example of highbrow but it's good).

I don't get the niche it's occupying, it seems like the best thing it does is give the blokes who don't have time to prowl forums like us the chance to catch-up on the week's rugby news in a short space of time.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Surely Fox could have afforded to chuck on a Rugby Club this week. They could use this week to preview the other two conference teams and dedicate next week to the Aus teams, to give a bit more in depth coverage. More than a passing glance at the squad would be handy. I would like to see a bit of a meet and greet with the coaching teams.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Unfortunately or fortunately, I have been able to watch the scrum vs rugby club from Wales last few weeks, the good bit is I enjoyed a panel show where there were just ex players etc discussing the 6N games etc, probably the disappointing thing was it reminded me how much improvement the rugby club on foxtel needs to improve to hook me again.
Probably other positive know I can now download Reunion from NZ ,so that can be my panel type show for rugby for 2014.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Unfortunately or fortunately, I have been able to watch the scrum vs rugby club from Wales last few weeks, the good bit is I enjoyed a panel show where there were just ex players etc discussing the 6N games etc, probably the disappointing thing was it reminded me how much improvement the rugby club on foxtel needs to improve to hook me again.
Probably other positive know I can now download Reunion from NZ ,so that can be my panel type show for rugby for 2014.

Can you share your secret? Is it legal? Reunion is absolutely class, Rugby HQ is just crass.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Check youtube if you're lucky, otherwise it's even less legal methods I guess.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
An update on Rugby HQ.
I wonder who the new Foxsports expert is?
I would wager it's Alanah Smith, to balance out the male dominated panel

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
If it's not illegal you could probably post the details up here I would imagine? Maybe one of the mods could give the nod? Just sayin'

Obviously there could be other reasons why you wouldn't want to post it up but and that's cool. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
If it's a legal download / stream then it can be posted here. Simple. If it's an illegal site, please don't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
An update on Rugby HQ.
I wonder who the new Foxsports expert is?
I would wager it's Alanah Smith, to balance out the male dominated panel

perhaps, but I don't think so. Besides on the Foxsports News is the following:

John Eales and George Gregan join Fox Sports in 2014

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Good to see Nobody on the Rugby Club tonight.

Sharpie and him should raise the intellectual bar for the Show,

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
What about the piece from Giteau and Mitchell, some subtle body language displayed by Mitchell when Giteau mentioned the looming arrival of JOC (James O'Connor) at Toulon.

They've not been shy about their lack of interest in JOC (James O'Connor) on twitter....same with Marto.

Status
Not open for further replies.