• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby TV Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Slim

reckon there would have to be about 4 serious injuries for Mowen to get selected.
Expect fardy at 6 and Higgers at 8.
Will Link go for experience (robbo) or Sio on bench - maybe Sio although I disagree that he has been the best scrummager overall - you have to look at the whole front row and I think Moore and Alexander are much stronger than Hanson and Holmes

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Slim

reckon there would have to be about 4 serious injuries for Mowen to get selected.

I think if there were only a couple of serious injuries then he'd get a run with his experience and leadership, but hopefully it won't come to that.........

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not quite The Rugby Club, but related. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/new...rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I didn't watch the game on TV because I was at the game. But agree or disagree?

It seems like sour grapes.........

If you were going to attack the Australian commentators for being one-eyed then there have been better opportunities.........

In fact, Kafer's comments seem entirely reasonable - the video ref was unable to determine that the pass went forward, therefore the advantage should go to the attacking team......... I hardly see anything wrong with that?

Reactions: mst

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I thought they were both definitely forward. But I can also understand why the Refs didn't call them. It wasn't clear cut that they were forward. As for Kafers call on the matter? Yes he was crap and very one eyed.

Tom Ando

Fred Wood (13)
I still think watching the footage on the big screen, that the ball didn't leave his hands forward. A pass will defy the laws of Physics if a player with forward momentum, lets of a line ball, and goes backwards. The law of the forward pass says the ball has to leave the hands in a forward direction. The ball certainly did drift forward, but it wasn't a forward pass imo

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I still think watching the footage on the big screen, that the ball didn't leave his hands forward. A pass will defy the laws of Physics if a player with forward momentum, lets of a line ball, and goes backwards. The law of the forward pass says the ball has to leave the hands in a forward direction. The ball certainly did drift forward, but it wasn't a forward pass imo
Thank you. In the 20 years I played and the 20 years I've watched since I retired no one has ever pointed that out. And by the way a pass cannot 'defy the laws of physics'.

Tom Ando

Fred Wood (13)
Well it can, because it would have if that ball travelled backwards. Thats why the law is set up the way it is. But nothing you and me can do about it. It was awarded a try. I've seen far far worse.

Country Kid

Chris McKivat (8)
Big day of international rugby

Upcoming Fixtures
ENC/RWCQ 26 APR 2014 Ukraine Poland
ENC 26 APR 2014 Greece Luxembourg
SAMC 26 APR 2014 Paraguay Uruguay
SAMC 26 APR 2014 Brazil Chile
M INT 26 APR 2014 Mexico Bermuda
ASIA5N/RWCQ 26 APR 2014 Korea Sri Lanka
ENC/RWCQ 26 APR 2014 Czech Republic Moldova
ENC 26 APR 2014 Lithuania Switzerland
ENC/RWCQ 26 APR 2014 Sweden Germany
ENC 26 APR 2014 Bulgaria Cyprus
ENC 26 APR 2014 Latvia Israel
ASIA5N/RWCQ 26 APR 2014 Hong Kong Philippines

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I'd take Schatz over Mowen - at least he's sticking around. (I'm not having a go at Mowen's decision but if you're going goodbye to your Test jumper).

Based on his form this season I would be starting an "anyone but Schatz" campaign. This year he has looked like McCalman at his worst (ie a couple of years ago). I'd have Palu, Higginbotham, McCalman all miles in front of him and if any of them go down then Mowen's on call. Tala Grey's looked better and Auelua's on the way back!

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
There we go Rugby club talking sabbaticals to Japan as a possible option. I like the idea and needs further serious thought

Status
Not open for further replies.