• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby TV Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The interesting comment from me was when they asked Genia if he was looking forward to getting back under McKenzies wing was his comment about how good a man manager Ewen is. I might be reading too much into it as well, but it seemed a poignant comment.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I wish they did qwerty as its a damn good question. I would also like to hear who he has in mind or is the plan to avoid kicking?
I was wondering if any players come to mind who are natural kickers (natural talent so its second nature) in Australia? I am fascinated that it seems we just don't have anybody like a Carter / Wilkinson / Steyn or the like in Australia or am I wrong?

Me too. After THP its our biggest weakness.

After the EOYT I thought Lilo was The One. Sadly, he isn't certain from anywhere this year.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Me too. After THP its our biggest weakness.

After the EOYT I thought Lilo was The One. Sadly, he isn't certain from anywhere this year.

I agree he is off atm and I think its just a lack of game time and confidence with Lilo. When he is in form he is pretty good, but what do you do until he finds form? The other questions is where do you play him when his kicking returns without sacrificing To'omua?

As for THP's I say throw the youngster's in the deep end until one swims! I also have a feeling we may find a THP hidden in the NRC.

Chronicle

Chris McKivat (8)
Congratulations to whoever put together tonight's programme. Every side got some time and coverage, a pleasant change and well received by this viewer anyway. Keep up the good work.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Unfortunately they appear to have completely given up on analysis and decided to be a cheerleading squad instead.

Not even an attempt to map out the possible scenarios for each of the Australian teams in contention for the finals dependent on which way the remaining games go.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
100% convinced that if given a chance Phil Kearns would talk up every Waratah player such that, in his view, the Wallabies would be 100% Waratahs.

Boring to the extreme!!!

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
man, the hard hitting puff interviews just keep getting harder.

only one game of rugby on this weekend? Oh yeah, if you didn't blink there is evidently a warm up game in the world before the french test, I think the abs are playing eng tho you wouldn't bloody know really.

The show has just become SO aussie centred it's a joke.

Bring back 'across the ditch' and the equiv SA one whatever it was called. A couple of muppet interviews with the players with greg martin?

Jesus wept.

(don't really know what that saying means! Sounds good tho)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
What should they have cut from last night's show?

There's only so much they can fit into the show. Personally, I'd prefer the interviews with players and the story about Matt To'omua etc. than them running through the team sheets for NZ vs Eng and Arg vs Ire etc. that I can read in many different places.

If they spread themselves too thin they end up covering barely anything.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Well for starters they could have cut the segment where Sharpe cooked a toasted sandwich.

I think Terry J has a decent point. I would have liked to have seen a short preview of the All Blacks v England game.

Believe it or not I think its games like the All Blacks v England that will actually be watched by a lot of casual fans who don't necessarily follow rugby that closely. I remember in 2012 going around to a friend's house and there was a bunch of league fans glued to the screen watching the fighting Irish battle the Blacks. It's games like that that remind casual viewers why test match rugby is the ultimate indulgence.

It would be nice to see some recognition of the All Blacks v England game, which I think will be a cracker.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
You know what annoyed me last night,when they were looking at the remaining matches for the tahs brums and force the aus team left with a chance to make he finals.

They had a good chat about the tahs then brumbies and when it came to the force Horan had the floor to talk about their prospects but instead made mention of the game against the reds and started to talk to cooper about their prospects for the match and the rest of the season.....um what about we talk about the force who are in with a shot at making the finals instead of talking about a team at the bottom of the ladder.

Just shows how bias the show is to the tahs and reds.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
and agree. cut out the cooking segment...(trying to appeal to female fans i assume?) and instead do a more detailed analysis of the french opposition. we don't need two maloney segments in a show.
show us some more highlights and analysis of the french team
run through the england v all blacks game...it is an aussie show but there are a lot of kiwis and poms who would have foxsports and want to see something on that game.
interview giteau about the world XV game v the boks
and yes...the u20 WC.

it's an international break so why not ditch super rugby. they can cover that the week before super rugby comes back. just focus on international.

Reactions: BDA

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
ha it was a really lame cooking segment too. I know how to make a toasted sandwich Manu!!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
People are complaining about 5 minutes of the show in total.

It's like saying a rugby game was completely ruined by three scrum resets.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
people seem to be complaining more about what wasn't on the show than what was on the show. I had no major problems with the show but agree with other, there are some big rugby events coming up this week/weekend that probably should have got some coverage.

GaffaChino - I thought that Horan turning the Force talk to talk of the Reds was probably in part trying to involve Cooper

T

TOCC

BH I've changed the channel for less.... It really is an unnecessary addition to the show, it's like pausing a rugby game for 5 minutes to show a player do a juggling trick..

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I too don't like the player interviews, they're mainly just talking in cliches about their upcoming debut. Nothing really interesting. I'd be much more interested in actual rugby news and analysis. Maybe some footage of training? Interviews with assistant coaches about what they're implementing in camp.

Reactions: BDA

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I too don't like the player interviews, they're mainly just talking in cliches about their upcoming debut. Nothing really interesting. I'd be much more interested in actual rugby news and analysis. Maybe some footage of training? Interviews with assistant coaches about what they're implementing in camp.

But....... the boys just need to perform this week.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Yeh some training footage would be good. They showed a bit last night, but not much.

Status
Not open for further replies.