• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby TV Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
cheers guys. So he kinda looked like a caveman I guess, that sort of thing. (or played like a caveman maybe)

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
It could've also been a dig at his intelligence and perhaps his temperament? All round Neanderthal kind of guy? Good nickname though!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yep. Cause he looked like the missing link. Big forehead.

He was also known as the moth as he doesn't sleep much and was always buzzing around the hotel throughout the night trying to find people who were awake to chat to.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He was also known as the moth as he doesn't sleep much and was always buzzing around the hotel throughout the night trying to find people who were awake to chat to.

If he'd been the coach sooner, maybe he would have been in the photo with JOC (James O'Connor) and KB (Kurtley Beale) after getting Hungry Jacks at 3 in the morning.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
at least the nickname did not come with a league connotation..'got pissed, and decided to drag his girlfriend around the place by her hair'.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
quick question that occurred to me whilst watching last night, how did a guy called Ewen Mkenzie get a nickname of 'link'? Anyone know the genesis of his nickname?

i always thought it was for the chimp detective show, "Lancelot Link", saturday morning TV in the 70's.
Ewen is a dead spit of the star chimp
just google

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Links name was described in the prophesies. The old men foretold that a man, a man of a burly appearance would appear from the ashes of Lions and rise up. He would galvanise his people to fight the darkness and bring silver to the golden people. This man, his chosen man would be the link that delivered this prophesy and his time is now.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Last night's episode featured Stan Pilecki on the "Once were Wallabies" segment.

No doubt @Scrubber2050 is pleased.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Interesting to compare how retired props look from different eras - Pilecki has all the looks of an old prop, Baxter has looks good enough to be seen every week on TV and Dunning is only half the man he was when playing.

As I said different eras

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Limf, I think the difference is big Stan gave up smoking and subsequently blew up like a balloon while Matt gave up eating and is now a shell of the old "drop-kick" Dunning. Baxter, always a private school cutie.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Still think Pilecki looks like a prop should - ears all crumpled and a face that looks like it has been threw a few wars. The body certainly looks like it has had a good time since finishing up all those years ago. Certainly love his love for all things Qld

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Last Rugby HQ of the year was last night.

What do we do for Rugby Chat on Fox now to cover the EOY Tours to the NH?
There is a stack of Footy on over the next 6 weeks.

The "Total Rugby" show is a bit dry.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Don't mind a bit of Total Rugby, like the coverage og the RWC build up qualifiers etc..

But you're right until it kicks off again I guess I have the GAGR Podcast and a motley assortment of other wannabe rugby podcasts..

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Interesting to compare how retired props look from different eras - Pilecki has all the looks of an old prop, Baxter has looks good enough to be seen every week on TV and Dunning is only half the man he was when playing.

As I said different eras

Dunning has followed the diet plan of former Olympic weightlifter Dean Lukin.

65481.jpg

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Limf, I think the difference is big Stan gave up smoking and subsequently blew up like a balloon while Matt gave up eating and is now a shell of the old "drop-kick" Dunning. Baxter, always a private school cutie.

Funny - I had a gaffer with Stan at the Reds Gala

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Last Rugby HQ of the year was last night.

What do we do for Rugby Chat on Fox now to cover the EOY Tours to the NH?
There is a stack of Footy on over the next 6 weeks.

The "Total Rugby" show is a bit dry.

So in the world according to Fox the rugby season ends in October.

Right.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Fox doesn't really talk about anything but Australian Rugby. Which is fair enough I guess, but there's 2 weeks of NRC finals, along with the November tour left. Cutting it to say, 30 mins and just previewing the matches that weekend would be nice though.

At least they've got an excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.